GBA #2807 - Word Safari - The Friendship Totems (USA)

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
am I the only one here that believes that nintendo will put out 193 more shovelware titles to bump this to 3000?
smile.gif

Krazplay

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
There were only 3 releases in January, this is the second release of the month, and we're already mid-february.
biggrin.gif

With 3 games per month, if we need 193 games, it will take roughly 64 months, more than 5 years
lecture.gif

I bet the DS will reach 3000 releases far before the GBA
gba.gif

BFC

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
All licensed games that are known to exist and that still appear to get a release sum up to a number lower than 20. And that already includes the rarest carts you might ever think of. Now taking the few kiosks (around 10) that haven't been checked (possibly there is something that doesn't match the retail one), unlicensed cheating-software and the unknown revisions that might be out there (there shouldn't bee too many though) we still won't even reach 2850.

BFC

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
There's also 3 or so currently undumpable GBA Videos. Known to exist, but no dumping utility yet made works on them.

Yes, 4 and I included these already. JPH claimed to have seen a few undumped games around - wonder what he's referring to.

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I do believe so because look what happened with gameboy color, people still find misc. carts to dump. I have since lost track in numbering.

BFC

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I do believe so because look what happened with gameboy color, people still find misc. carts to dump. I have since lost track in numbering.

This is because the same people who have constantly watched the GBA-output did the same research for the GBC - long after it's death. The GBC never got this treatment in it's lifetime. No chance for 3000, sorry.

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:

This is because the same people who have constantly watched the GBA-output did the same research for the GBC - long after it's death. The GBC never got this treatment in it's lifetime. No chance for 3000, sorry.

rofl2.gif
I think you are taking things too seriously, I don't care if there is 3000 releases or not.

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What ultimately killed GBA was the lack of Japanese development. Final Fantasy VI Advance is its last boxed game there, back in November 2006. A full year before the US releases trickled off.

yes, probably because in japan the GBA got much more replaced by the NDS. while westerners dont really buy as much NDS's (lack of good english releases)
frown.gif

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well imo a handheld still is mainly for kids so of course there's going to be a large install base of GBA in the US. There's plenty install base of DS too. But the reason for this shovelware is you can obviously tell from it that it is appealing to mothers of toddlers and the games are pretty G rated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yltcaxE +1