Hacking GB on Vita

PhoenixTaylor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i know this is stupid but i want to play some GB and GBA games on the vita. I only got my vita on monday and its running 2.12
Is there any known exploits to be able to do this yet? I have looked around and everything i read requires a lower update.
Can anyone give me a definitive answer please? I am assuming these jailbreak sites are all fake as they all require to take a survey before you can access the date.

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
you CAN NOT DO IT (yet)

when the next exploit is found, a VHBL should come out
the should let you run some usermode PSP MODE HOMEBREW
but
you are better of getting a PSP and hacking that for PSP homebrew

xcrimsonstormx

He called me a Nerd, I called him an Ambulance.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go to wololo.net and wait for the release of the game you need to BUY and DOWNLOAD from the PSN then don't update and wait for the hacked files for the game for VHBL. There isn't a jailbreak yet but there is a PSP mode hack called VHBL look it up.

sirocyl

Are we Geniuses or what?
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be fair, a Game Boy emulator wouldn't be a totally impossible or infeasible thing to make using the PSM SDK. GBA would be a stretch, though.
The homebrew on PSM SDK, runs on high-level, managed C# code through a slow-as-balls Mono JIT, and has limited memory and processor speed.
However, 3D graphical capabilities are roughly on par with the Dreamcast, if you take advantage of the graphics APIs.
It's an environment for making games, not emulators, and it shows.

Aqua1234

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Save yourself the trouble, it is more complicated and you must be really patient to have that on the vita. If you want to do all of that, you should just get yourself a PSP, hack it and viola.

FireSeel

Trophies
XP
Country
To be fair, a Game Boy emulator wouldn't be a totally impossible or infeasible thing to make using the PSM SDK. GBA would be a stretch, though.
The homebrew on PSM SDK, runs on high-level, managed C# code through a slow-as-balls Mono JIT, and has limited memory and processor speed.
However, 3D graphical capabilities are roughly on par with the Dreamcast, if you take advantage of the graphics APIs.
It's an environment for making games, not emulators, and it shows.

I saw a nes emulator running through that method, but it had about 2fps.

EDIT- Found youtube video

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

I don't think that 128MB unified RAM (which is how much you get in PSM) plus even a quarter of the PSVita's horsepower is not enough for a GBA emulator to be honest, it's hardly a stretch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte