Hacking Gateway with a9lh

veraci_00

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello. I have a9lh installed with luma cfw. with all the negativity surrounding the new gateway a9lh, I'm wanting to use gateway as I would have used it with emunand. is that possible on 11.0.0-33 a9lh? if so, how? if not, what should I do?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Don't, just don't. You can't even use the current A9LH, you need to use their version of A9LH, which is currently bricking New3DS's.
Don't even waste your time on Brickwait anymore, just get a bigger SD card and use better CFW's like Luma3DS.

veraci_00

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that sucks. the system in question is a new 3ds. I was referring to using menuhax on a9lh to boot into emunand to use with gateway. the problem isn't so much the micro sd card but rather the fact that I have a lot of .3ds/.3dz games and their saves.

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
that sucks. the system in question is a new 3ds. I was referring to using menuhax on a9lh to boot into emunand to use with gateway. the problem isn't so much the micro sd card but rather the fact that I have a lot of .3ds/.3dz games and their saves.
It's not hard to switch to .cia games, just time consuming.

Reactions: veraci_00

veraci_00

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not hard to switch to .cia games, just time consuming.

I saw a tutorial on simple cia converter (think that was the name), but have no idea if that's up-to-date. how do I convert 3ds/3dz games to cia, and what do I do about my saves? will they still work?

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I saw a tutorial on simple cia converter (think that was the name), but have no idea if that's up-to-date. how do I convert 3ds/3dz games to cia, and what do I do about my saves? will they still work?
That should work to convert your games, saves on the other hand will need to be decrypted with SavDataFiler or something similar.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
will my games work if they were dumped by gateway's cartridge dumper or do I have to use ucart?
They will work, I used to use Gateway launcher to dump my games.

veraci_00

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
one last question before I try this, but when it says to locate ur folder with the 3ds games, does that mean I'll be generating xorpads for every game? it didn't allow me to select a single game, but just the folder where my games were located? oh, also, does this work with 3dz games as well?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
will my games work if they were dumped by gateway's cartridge dumper or do I have to use ucart?
dumps are about the same, and games dumped with both will convert to CIA just fine if that's what you are looking for.
one last question before I try this, but when it says to locate ur folder with the 3ds games, does that mean I'll be generating xorpads for every game? it didn't allow me to select a single game, but just the folder where my games were located? oh, also, does this work with 3dz games as well?
  • 3dz games are just 3ds with a private header. they will work the same.
  • select a folder where your games are, it will create an ncchinfo.bin which creates XORpads for all of the games in one go. then it will "convert" them all to cia at once as well.

veraci_00

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do the 3ds games need to be on the card to create xorpads? I think I messed up with that. ...like there's a redirect to the games' folder to generate the xorpads?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do the 3ds games need to be on the card to create xorpads? I think I messed up with that. ...like there's a redirect to the games' folder to generate the xorpads?
no, the program generates ncchinfo.bin which is what you put on the SD card. it generates xorpads which you'd copy from the SD card.

veraci_00

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand. it asked for the 3ds rom location. I was confused by how it was going to read the game 3ds file. now, I get it.

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To answer the question you can load gateway in sysnand mode using a 9.2 emuNAND via luma3ds. Since the New GW a9lh version is such garbage this is the only way I'd use your gateway card...

Last edited by mikey420,
Reactions: urherenow

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: