Hacking Gateway will fix any bricked 3DS for free, as long as you're not lying!

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That's really crappy of Gateway.

In my mind now, they don't really have the entitlement to bitch and moan about people stealing their code if they go around stealing customers' 3DSs.

That's really low.

Reactions: retrofan_k

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
just out of curiosity who was your reseller? im sure resellers would still be able to get in contact with the gateway team, teensy for all there bad rep about taking orders when they have no stock or delayed postage(probably the same thing) personally i have always found them very helpful and understanding, maybe going through your reseller would give your message a bit more clout, i know you are kinda over it but personally i would of bugged the shit out of them

I ordered it from the US via Realhotstuff.com, which they fobbed me off twice back when "Gateway" announced they would help with brick consoles being handled by them. Hot stuff kept telling to go through GW to resolve the issue and would only issue a refund or replacement, if the device was proven faulty. As you know, it was "Diagnostics" mode on the Beta firmware that was the cause of the brick and not entirely the flash cart itself. I think it's probably too late in the day to try anything with the re seller, as I don't have the device to ship back if needed and only my email receipt.

That's really crappy of Gateway.

In my mind now, they don't really have the entitlement to bitch and moan about people stealing their code if they go around stealing customers' 3DSs.

That's really low.

As a genuine case with this, I had a hard time getting certain users to believe me with the usual "fanboy", "clone user" or a noob bullshit that doesn't know what he is doing.

Thanks to our very own user here "Gamesquest1", he decided to try and brick the console on purpose and succeeded with it and confirmed the brick code was in fact real and not some modified launcher, clone use bullshit that GW where claiming to be all the time and instead was triggered by "Diagnostics" at some point during its use.

I'm not going into all the drama again, yet would like to point out, the one thing that still does bug me from time to time when I see latest announcements from GW, is that they still did not have the balls to admit their fault with the beta firmware.

And a note to new users wanting to buy their product or just having received one. Just be careful in future and don't always believe what you see and hear with them and take my experience, as a guideline regardless of whether the brick code is gone or obfuscated better in their recent newer builds of code.

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Some French guy on maxconsole PM'd me a few times over his brick and asked what I did to send it and did I hear anything. He was one of many that disappeared and ignored my messages during the time I was trying to correspond with GW.

D

Deleted User

Well that's your problem right there. It most likely got lost in shipping and GW never saw it.

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Well that's your problem right there. It most likely got lost in shipping and GW never saw it.

You forgot one thing tracking number?? I know it arrived, so please no excuses for them.

In all honestly, I personally think people on the MaxConsole forums are wholly unreliable. Why? Something seems very off about the higher-ups that moderate the place.

Yeah, should have took note of the PS3 True Blue Dongle's shady practice that came to light in the end. One person directly responsible for it, as you and I know is.

D

Deleted User

You forgot one thing tracking number?? I know it arrived, so please no excuses for them.

Except your destination was not GW HQ directly, it probably bounced between a few other forwarding places where it got lost. With China shipping things get lost all the time

Schizoanalysis

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Except your destination was not GW HQ directly, it probably bounced between a few other forwarding places where it got lost. With China shipping things get lost all the time

Come on. Stop living in a fantasy world.

They have done nothing so far to prove themselves trustworthy. Why the blind faith?

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Come on. Stop living in a fantasy world.

They have done nothing so far to prove themselves trustworthy. Why the blind faith?

For the same reason you have blind hatred.

Everyone knew the address they gave wasn't the final destination. It was a 50/50% risk just even considering sending them it in the first place. They aren't exactly legal so it's not like you can take them to court. If it was just 1 delivery stop, Nintendo could just trace it back to them and boom no more gateway. It was probably forwarded at least 3 times from customer to reseller to middle man to to middle man and THEN to Gateway (all through china so you know how long that could take).

Both possibilities could have happened:

A) Gateway got it, didn't care to send it back and kept it.

OR

B) It never reached them period. Who's to say their middle man "accidentally" forgot to forward it to them. Happens all the time.

As for the trust, besides retrofan_k and the one person he mentioned, no one else is complaining about stolen 3DS' even though I remember quite a few sent them bricked units (Devin included). No system is perfect. No offense but that's not enough to get your pitchfork and torches just yet. I believe retro got the short end of the stick no matter what happened though.

Schizoanalysis

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It was probably forwarded at least 3 times from customer to reseller to middle man to to middle man and THEN to Gateway.

Speculate much? That statement does serve your purposes, but it is pure speculation on your part, for the purpose of making Gateway look innocent, as you want them to be.

Fact: Retrofan K lost his 3DS as a result of using a genuine Gateway, which he sent to the exact address they told him to send it to, but never saw it again.

How you concoct Gateway to be innocent in this is a result only of your own preferences for them to be so.

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Speculate much? That statement does serve your purposes, but it is pure speculation on your part, for the purpose of making Gateway look innocent, as you want them to be.

1. Yea because giving your direct address is something all the flashcard/hacking tool community does right? (sarcasm) Why do you think everything is sold through REsellers who get about double the profit per flashcard they originally paid for(Buy them from Gw for about 40, sell for anywhere from 70 to 90 depending on which official reseller you use). GW would make way more money selling it directly to customers but can't because the flashcard business is illegal is most places and would be sued in a heartbeat. Its guaranteed FACT that GW did not get the card directly, not speculation. No one knows Gateway's exact address anyway, just because they gave him one to send his unit to does not mean it was their own (Hence me saying "PROBABLY a middle man or reseller address")
    reseller definition said:
    A reseller is a company or individual (merchant) that purchases goods or services with the intention of reselling them rather than consuming or using them. This is usually done for profit (but could be resold at a loss).
  2. Did you even read my post. Where the hell did I say Gateway was innocent? All I said was it was a 50/50 hit or miss decision on sending your bricked unit to them that could or could not have reached them. So whatever "purpose" you claim I have is false. All possibilities are open. I'm not dumb so I know Gateway is no Saint in any sense of the word. I'm not trying to make them look good or bad, just stating whats what so i would appreciate it if you didn't put words in my mouth.

Schizoanalysis

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
  1. Yea because giving your direct address is something all the flashcard/hacking tool community does right? (sarcasm) Why do you think everything is sold through REsellers who get about double the profit per flashcard they originally paid for(Buy them from Gw for about 40, sell for anywhere from 70 to 90 depending on which official reseller you use). GW would make way more money selling it directly to customers but can't because the flashcard business is illegal is most places and would be sued in a heartbeat. Its guaranteed FACT that GW did not get the card directly, not speculation. No one knows Gateway's exact address anyway, just because they gave him one to send his unit to does not mean it was their own (Hence me saying "PROBABLY a middle man or reseller address")
  2. Did you even read my post. Where the hell did I say Gateway was innocent? All I said was it was a 50/50 hit or miss decision on sending your bricked unit to them that could or could not have reached them. So whatever "purpose" you claim I have is false. All possibilities are open. I'm not dumb so I know Gateway is no Saint in any sense of the word. I'm not trying to make them look good or bad, just stating whats what so i would appreciate it if you didn't put words in my mouth.

Because bamboozling me with the definition of the word reseller makes you right? Hm? Rather, it takes it off topic.

Resellers have nothing to do with this. He did not send his 3DS to the reseller he bought his card from.

You are mindlessly and aggressively defending your choice to believe that Gateway is innocent.

But live in fantasy-lala-land, I don't care. I can't be bothered refuting your wild speculations or responding to your derailments of the argument into the definition of a reseller. You are certainly not "stating what is what", as you claim -- you are speculating and derailing.

You argue like a twelve year old.

D

Deleted User

Vengenceonu makes rational and valid points, and you shrug it off and resort to personal attacks. Sorry but what Vengenceonu makes 100% sense and I agree with him.

Reactions: Vengenceonu

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vengenceonu makes rational and valid points, and you shrug it off and resort to personal attacks. Sorry but what Vengenceonu makes 100% sense and I agree with him.

Be that as it may, Gateway is and always will be a shady company that doesn't deserve to be supported, given its track history with customer uh, interaction if you will. His points are valid, sure, but the fact is Gateway doesn't give two shits about their customers and clearly wasn't willing to return the mysteriously disappeared 3DS because it "got lost". I call BS. Hate to say it, but I hope Nintendo blocks the Gateway for good :creep:

I'm baffled at the continual support they get.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lDRjqI-fBVI&pp=ygUPVml0Z2luIG1hZ2ljaWFu