Hacking Gateway team is working on 9.8 sysNAND support

Kafke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gateway pulls a 9.8 kernel exploit out of their asses.
Devs analyze new launcher to find said exploit.
Support for exploit is added to Brahma.

CFW almost immediately works on 9.8, Gateway makes almost no money.
Can't really see this happening.

So your solution is for Gateway to stay on 9.2 where people will just install CFW instead anyway? Currently I see no reason to buy a Gateway. CFW does everything I need and more. Gateway is behind at this point. Updating to 9.8 SysNAND would give them the leg up. It's also worth noting that Sky3DS works on 9.8. Meaning they are already losing sales.

loco365

Trophies
XP
So your solution is for Gateway to stay on 9.2 where people will just install CFW instead anyway? Currently I see no reason to buy a Gateway. CFW does everything I need and more. Gateway is behind at this point. Updating to 9.8 SysNAND would give them the leg up. It's also worth noting that Sky3DS works on 9.8. Meaning they are already losing sales.
They're losing sales to people that have updated then realised they wanted a solution. Sky is a simple plug and play card, while Gateway has more features for users to play with, such as ROM dumping, NAND backup, downgrading abilities, etc etc, so it's really a battle of firmwares. IF Gateway does come up with the 9.8 solution though, it will definitely sway the game in their direction.

Kafke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're losing sales to people that have updated then realised they wanted a solution. Sky is a simple plug and play card, while Gateway has more features for users to play with, such as ROM dumping, NAND backup, downgrading abilities, etc etc, so it's really a battle of firmwares. IF Gateway does come up with the 9.8 solution though, it will definitely sway the game in their direction.

But that's the thing. They are losing in 9.2 and they are losing in 9.8. There's really no reason to buy a Gateway card at this point. As I said, on any version Gateway works on, you can easily just get a CFW. And on 9.3 and above, there's really only one option (Sky).

loco365

Trophies
XP
But that's the thing. They are losing in 9.2 and they are losing in 9.8. There's really no reason to buy a Gateway card at this point. As I said, on any version Gateway works on, you can easily just get a CFW. And on 9.3 and above, there's really only one option (Sky).
That is true, to an extent at least. I hate fiddling with CIA files myself, personally I'd rather drop a .3DS on my MicroSD and go to lunch (And not have to worry about regions at least). It's much faster, and I don't have to wait for the CIA to import, which can take a considerable amount of time. Granted the Sky works the same way, but the region locking isn't present at the least.

Reactions: Rizzorules

Jao Chu

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'll always support you Gateway team! Coming from a jetsetter with no real homebase or time to fool around with .CIA files!

.3DS format master race.

Reactions: cvskid

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I know it is only a very minor inconvenience, but i would like to see the 3D bug fixed on N3DS, when you enter GW emuNAND and have to shut the lid and open it again, as i say only a very minor issue but would make things almost perfect :D

Plus of course the very latest FW available in emuNAND (without tricking the system with .cia file)

Oh yeah and MSET built in already so no need to do it manually and finally unlinking of the NAND's automatically

Last edited by peteruk,

nyder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gateway makes money when they put out an update that matches the current firmware. They sold a lot of units when 9.2 was possible. And if they get 9.8 support, then they will sell a bunch more. So it makes more sense for Gateway to find and use latest firmware exploits then it is to sit on them. Hard to make money when there is only a limited amount of hardware that can actually use your flashcart.

Reactions: peteruk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"