Hacking Gateway support for Firmware 9.0 – 9.2 Coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Errr... duh? You are aware that the exploit they use already got blocked in 9.3? Gateway never mentioned supporting any SysNAND FW above 9.2.
And like I said, EmuNAND already supports the highest known FW right now.^^

You might just have gotten something wrong there.
he is just trolling and shitposting, you wouldnt be missing out on much if you add him to your ignore list

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
he is just trolling and shitposting, you wouldnt be missing out on much if you add him to your ignore list

Don't take the fun from me. I already believed he's just that stupid.^^
Well, maybe I'll keep that thought and disregard what you just said. :D
...except the part with the ignore list, of course.^^

Reactions: gamesquest1

Thomas12345

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Don't take the fun from me. I already believed he's just that stupid.^^
Well, maybe I'll keep that thought and disregard what you just said. :D
...except the part with the ignore list, of course.^^

.... many ppl on the forum have already suggested that gateway is waiting for Nintendo to release the N3DS in US, i'm just going along with their idea

EDIT: And in case you guys think i'm shit posting, here's an example of another user who thinks this way:

I wouldn't mind if they wait until 2015 if it makes it compatible with NA N3DS :)

If we assume gateway is waiting for NA N3DS, then it's possible they're also waiting for future firmware updates

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Send emails to GW. Let them know that they lost the race to Sky3DS. Nobody will rush out and buy a GW the 24th to give away. Either they release today or its over
Already did. They don't seem to give a damn, I haven't even received a response.
I guess they just stopped caring when they realized they lost.
You actually seriously send an email threatening with the competition?
Hahaha, Gateway must have laughed sooo hard they wet their pants...
Ofcourse they will not respond to crap emails.

Reactions: Doran754

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You actually seriously send an email threatening with the competition?
Hahaha, Gateway must have laughed sooo hard they wet their pants...
Ofcourse they will not respond to crap emails.

Oh I didn't treat them. I never treat Flashcart developers, why would I bite the hand that feeds me?
It was rather a proposed business plan and notify them what's actually going on with the fans right now.

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Oh I didn't treat them. I never treat Flashcart developers, why would I bite the hand that feeds me?
It was rather a proposed business plan and notify them what's actually going on with the fans right now.

You obviously didn't treat them with that (sorry for pointing out that spelling mistake in such a way).^^
But your email could be misinterpreted as a threat.

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Similar to Sky making a second cart mere weeks after launch while the first GW produced is still usable to this day...

Well both Sky3DS cards are usable with every firmware, which is a fact.
While it has it's limitations, Gateway has yet to get there. For now unless you have a 4.5 3DS every single Gateway Card is useless,
with Sky3DS on the other hand, you could still play games. Even if only with limitations but you can play...

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well both Sky3DS cards are usable with every firmware, which is a fact.
While it has it's limitations, Gateway has yet to get there. For now unless you have a 4.5 3DS every single Gateway Card is useless,
with Sky3DS on the other hand, you could still play games. Even if only with limitations but you can play...

True, but they are working on those limitations. Both cards have their pro's and con's, but its very hard for anyone to claim GW does not provide a quality product. They took their time at 4.0 - 4.5 to develop a rock solid product with many features and are working to add support from 4.0 - 9.2 while Sky developed a product and decided to take it back to the drawing board right at the gate. It's easy for people to spitfire against them now because GW has given what seems to be false hope with their video post, and Sky released a second product prematurley. I see GW as a usable solution for 9.2+ once they iron out previous firmwares, but I'm no fortune teller.

jumpo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If they are waiting for the release of the N3DS in the US then they could have just said the exploit was fixed in 9.3 so Nintendo kind of believes they've fixed it and stop looking so hard, then BOOM, 10.0 SUPPORT DAY1. Which would suck because that is ages away

DSlite2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they are waiting for the release of the N3DS in the US then they could have just said the exploit was fixed in 9.3 so Nintendo kind of believes they've fixed it and stop looking so hard, then BOOM, 10.0 SUPPORT DAY1. Which would suck because that is ages away

nah... that's right "around the corner" mwhahahahahahahaha

Reactions: PsytroniX and jumpo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.