Hacking Gateway support for Firmware 9.0 – 9.2 Coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted-188346

I think we should complain about the complainers who are complaining about complainers.
No but really we should all stop being haters and unite in our love of ROMs.
Saying that wasn't the best course of action here, but I bet it was on porpuse :lol:

I e-mailed Gateway and I'll post their answer once I have it. Let us see what they'll have to say now.
What'd you e-mail them about exactly?

but seeing as you didn't bother even reading that I guess there is no point even discussing with you.
Chill out dood.

JCR1

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I think that I will support 1 rom only but unlimited of times interchangeable, no Emunand, no cias, no multiregion etc... they offered 1 rom a beginning in firm 4.5, but it was through the actual exploit via sisnand leading to the Emunand and it hasn't changed over all this time, now is natively, very unlike to future expansion I think, but a good option for the new 3ds.

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
How could I have missed something like this.... "We recently reached a major milestone and now we are happy to announce that we are in the process of finalizing our support for 3DS systems running System Firmware 9.0.0-20 / 9.1.0-20J / 9.2.0-20 natively!" By "natively" im pretty sure they mean like a plug and play Sky3ds kind of thing. So the one rom per card in fact may be very true, but the sad part about this is if it really works natively I think there wont be any future upgrades. Unless they manage to find or elevate ssspwn to a kernel level.

Reactions: Phantom_User

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country
How could I have missed something like this.... "We recently reached a major milestone and now we are happy to announce that we are in the process of finalizing our support for 3DS systems running System Firmware 9.0.0-20 / 9.1.0-20J / 9.2.0-20 natively!" By "natively" im pretty sure they mean like a plug and play Sky3ds kind of thing. So the one rom per card in fact may be very true, but the sad part about this is if it really works natively I think there wont be any future upgrades. Unless they manage to find or elevate ssspwn to a kernel level.
It's something like that, yes. Lemme' break it down to you:

Native is a noun. It stands for someone's original birthplace or where he/she came from, ex:

"A native of Lisbon" -> Means I hail naturally from Lisbon, indepedently of where I am right now.

Then you have native as an adjective, this gets a bit complex. Complex because you have a number of reasons to associate it with, ex:

"His native town" -> This associates the subject with the noun town. It means he is native FROM Lisbon.

"Kangaroos are native to Australia" -> This transmits the feeling of growth, or a possible indigenous origin.

There's a few more examples, but let's move on the interesting one.

NATIVELY is an Adverb. And what does an adverb do? It modifies verbs, it gives them more complex meanings. When, Where, How, etc.
In Gateway's statement, it is asking the question HOW:

Ask the sentence yourself: "How do you run System Firmware ETC ETC ETC?" - "Natively!"

What does this mean? It means two things:

-> First, without even needing Gateway to e-mail people back saying they don't support lower firmware (like I explained a few pages back) it is telling you the exploit is of 9.X origin. And trust me, you can't argue with linguistics.

-> Secondly, take a look at this sentence (found on the Internet, somewhere:
"Games that work natively in Linux"

Got it? :)

Reactions: guitarheroknight

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It's something like that, yes. Lemme' break it down to you:

Native is a noun. It stands for someone's original birthplace or where he/she came from, ex:

"A native of Lisbon" -> Means I hail naturally from Lisbon, indepedently of where I am right now.

Then you have native as an adjective, this gets a bit complex. Complex because you have a number of reasons to associate it with, ex:

"His native town" -> This associates the subject with the noun town. It means he is native FROM Lisbon.

"Kangaroos are native to Australia" -> This transmits the feeling of growth, or a possible indigenous origin.

There's a few more examples, but let's move on the interesting one.

NATIVELY is an Adverb. And what does an adverb do? It modifies verbs, it gives them more complex meanings. When, Where, How, etc.
In Gateway's statement, it is asking the question HOW:

Ask the sentence yourself: "How do you run System Firmware ETC ETC ETC?" - "Natively!"

What does this mean? It means two things:

-> First, without even needing Gateway to e-mail people back saying they don't support lower firmware (like I explained a few pages back) it is telling you the exploit is of 9.X origin. And trust me, you can't argue with linguistics.

-> Secondly, take a look at this sentence (found on the Internet, somewhere:
"Games that work natively in Linux"

Got it? :)

A+ :teach:

Im pretty sure I know what natively means but it can be interpreted in many ways. But I guess you could be right. My version of "natively" in this case is it works straight out of the box with no fuss or anything. But I also could be very wrong :!:

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country
A+ :teach:

Im pretty sure I know what natively means but it can be interpreted in many ways. But I guess you could be right. My version of "natively" in this case is it works straight out of the box with no fuss or anything. But I also could be very wrong :!:

:lol: Thanks, it is what I'm studying, afterall. Might as well put it to some use.

You're also right. Your version does the job, though I'm not sure if I agree regarding "future updates" :) .. We'll just have to wait and see. Who knows what they could do next?

Language, despite the many shackles we put it through, is still very much open to interpretation (within specific boundaries, of course).

I hadn't noticed it before, your call to attention clicked my brain, so there's that :P

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, but theres always that part on how we update the card to work on 9.x :unsure:

I'm wondering that too.. For all we know, there could be dozens of possibilities on how to do it. Until we're sure of what the exploit really is, we can't even mention how they'll update ..

*sigh* This is why I'd just like a piece of news from them. E-mailing them just sends back robotic answers ..

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm wondering that too.. For all we know, there could be dozens of possibilities on how to do it. Until we're sure of what the exploit really is, we can't even mention how they'll update ..

*sigh* This is why I'd just like a piece of news from them. E-mailing them just sends back robotic answers ..
I wonder what will happen if you send a message like "If you guys have a kernel exploit please reply with an automated response"

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
emotion.gif

Gateway, Y U DO DIS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I may take a shower to remove all the sunburns in my body