Hacking Gateway: Should I buy it or not

shade7742

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 3DS that is running the latest firmware. I hear that the only way to use a flash cart for 3DS is if you have firmware 4.1-4.5. This is the only way to run the file necessary to use the flash cart. After that you can upgrade and run it on the latest firmware. So this leads me to believe that I shouldn't purchase a gateway. Any thoughts?

lidolinn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is what I suspected. I hope that they figure out how to make it work for the latest firmware at some point soon.
Then refrain yourself from updating your system any further, hope for the best in the future :rolleyes: You can always buy it by then

Mira

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
let's be serious here.....it's gonna be at least a two-year wait if you choose to wait....if you have the patience....

shade7742

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I definitely couldn't have predicted that the hack would only work on 4.1-4.5 when it finally came out so I'm not going to beat myself up about it. If it does take 2 years that I'm not sure I'll get it. Most likely it will have problems too.

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's important to you, then you should act now and purchase a 3DS on 4.1-4.5 while they're still available. Otherwise, hoping for higher firmware support is bound to bring unwanted results. Go for the sure thing, not the pipe dream.

roxas-89

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
No point in buying the Gateway now unless you're willing to sell your 3DS and get another one with firmware 4.5 or less, if you're not going to sell it like the others said don't update it and hope for the best.

shade7742

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No point in buying the Gateway now unless you're willing to sell your 3DS and get another one with firmware 4.5 or less, if you're not going to sell it like the others said don't update it and hope for the best.

I don't think it's worth buying another 3DS for 4.5 firmware. Especially since it is a pain in the ass to find. Oh well I hope they figure it out someday and if not at least I have one.

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think it's worth buying another 3DS for 4.5 firmware. Especially since it is a pain in the ass to find. Oh well I hope they figure it out someday and if not at least I have one.

It's a pain in the ass depending on where you live. There are TONS at a local store here, and many people in the US on this forum have said they were relatively easy to find offline. If you have any local stores (non-chain stores) and want to try to find a <4.5 3DS, you might try looking there.

roxas-89

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt

Retrievil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Spend $200 to have access to pretty much every 3DS and DS game, domestic and import? It's totally worth it.

lidolinn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, if it were me, I'll just do it, $250 is only about 6 3DS games, no brainer for me. Paid $350 for my RGH Xbox 360 when I could get retail console brand new for $160. Enjoy it every single day for the past 3 years, hell I'm enjoying Lightning return right now, xD, not an ounce of regret.

Saturosias

thank
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But I don't know where to do it is the point. The dude didnt provide a link
Link to what? There's eBay searches, you can contact individual Amazon sellers to check firmware (if used) or serial number (if new), or just go to stores in real life / call up your local Gamestop and just ask if they have SW12XXXX or lower 3DS XL's. I literally just called my Gamestop up, asked them to look for one with SW12 or lower and they found me an SW11 to pick up later that day.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
let's be serious here.....it's gonna be at least a two-year wait if you choose to wait....if you have the patience....

Did you pull two years out of your nether regions? It could be two years, it could be two centuries, it could be months, it could be a week from tuesday, no one knows when or even if it will work on post 4.5 systems.

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
It's a pain in the ass depending on where you live. There are TONS at a local store here, and many people in the US on this forum have said they were relatively easy to find offline. If you have any local stores (non-chain stores) and want to try to find a <4.5 3DS, you might try looking there.

Exactly!
I just bought 2 new sealed here where I live.
Here it's still fairly easy to find them...

Good luck!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show.