• Views 38,418
  • Replies 185
  • Likes 16

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and what if smea's exploit can be used as an entry point for GW team to make GW cart work on 8.x
I would love that and then I can save my money since I just ordered a limited edition Zelda ocarina of time 3ds on 4.4 FW. That would be the best news I heard if they did do that .... [I wonder if i can return the 3ds from amazon if the update gets released with the 7.xx FW with in my 30 days but i doubt it]. Though I my keep the 3ds since it is a limited edition 1 that cant be bought anymore and is valuable.

Also for me I would love AR since I don't have much time to get all items/ grind in games. But of cause its my personal thoughts since I never use online in games :P

kingsora831

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How to implement cheats without ruining online play: Limit cheat support to .3ds files. Easy as hell.

But if they were to add the ability to use .3ds saves on .3dz roms, someone could easily cheat on their .3ds save then port that save to a .3dz one.
It probably wouldn't ruin games directly, like flying cars in mario kart, But in games like Pokemon people could cheat and have all level 100 pokemon, with max ivs and stats, save, port the save, then use that online.

Idk i think its a win and lose situation, with cheats you can help add more fun to a game and allow people to complete a game quicker if they dont have the time/skill to complete it normally, but cheats can also ruin games for others.

I also think cheats will make nintendo crack down on GW even harder if they began popping up like crazy and ruining online for games like mario kart, pokemon etc.

EMegamanu

Trophies
XP
Country
France
But in games like Pokemon people could cheat and have all level 100 pokemon, with max ivs and stats, save, port the save, then use that online.

You do not need a Gateway for that. It is easily feasible with a Powersaves or a Cyber Gadget Save Editor.

Rizzorules

"What are you doing?" "Something unexpected."
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
But if they were to add the ability to use .3ds saves on .3dz roms, someone could easily cheat on their .3ds save then port that save to a .3dz one.
It probably wouldn't ruin games directly, like flying cars in mario kart, But in games like Pokemon people could cheat and have all level 100 pokemon, with max ivs and stats, save, port the save, then use that online.

Idk i think its a win and lose situation, with cheats you can help add more fun to a game and allow people to complete a game quicker if they dont have the time/skill to complete it normally, but cheats can also ruin games for others.

I also think cheats will make nintendo crack down on GW even harder if they began popping up like crazy and ruining online for games like mario kart, pokemon etc.

Right now .3ds saves are not compatible with 3dz files and dont worry people can hack pokemon with cyber gadget editor and the number of persons with a japanesse console is 100000 times bigger than the people with 4.5 consoles so the number of hacked pokemon used with Gateway will be small

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
All the pokemon hacks are already available with cyber gadget editor, it won't be long before 6iv everything's are flooded on pokemon to the point everyone has them.......and mario kart has bugger all you can't get without simply running through the game...again available with the cyber gadget edition or powersaves

As long as it's only save editing it will do pretty much nothing that can't already be done with cheaper alternatives than.buying a 4.x console and a flashcard

kingsora831

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i was just using those games as examples guys lol.
But like you all pointed out, its already possible with save editors to cheat, imagine real-time cheating it will be 10x worse.

Again, im not advocating for or aganist it i just dont want it ruining the online experience, especially for legitimate users.
I'll leave it up to GW and see w.e they come up with.

ultimatetemper

Trophies
XP
Country

Easily fixable, set something on a .3ds save, once cheats are used, the save will not be usable on a .3dz rom.
If the .3ds save didn't use cheats, the save can be used on a .3dz rom.

adragon123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
something like that could be implemented in a 3ds to 3dz sav converter if the GW team were to release such a program

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Easily fixable, set something on a .3ds save, once cheats are used, the save will not be usable on a .3dz rom.
If the .3ds save didn't use cheats, the save can be used on a .3dz rom.
.3ds and. 3dz saves are not interchangeable anyway
Well i was just using those games as examples guys lol.
But like you all pointed out, its already possible with save editors to cheat, imagine real-time cheating it will be 10x worse.

Again, im not advocating for or aganist it i just dont want it ruining the online experience, especially for legitimate users.
I'll leave it up to GW and see w.e they come up with.

Yeah real times saves could cause a bit of a problem, I would imagine with the hacking progressing as it is smash brothers and the new.pokemon games will likely have some sort of anti cheating that would limit any sort of real time saves ruining the game...........but then again it is Nintendo we are.talking about they tend to just hope for the best and skip the preparing for the worst part

Reactions: kingsora831

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Too damn lazy? Do me a favor and find the cure for cancer, solve world hunger and bring peace to all the nations by. Oh you cant... There's a difference between laziness and needing help to accomplish a goal. Did you think Smea was able to create SSPAWN all by himself? Here's a quote from Smea himself thanking those who helped him run unsigned code (And to an extent redNand which is very similar if not the same as emuNand).

Without Gateway Team and other devs SSPAWN wouldn't even exist so cut the bullshit about laziness (Same goes for redNand). Laziness is seeing completed work of someone else, plagarizing that work, contributing nothing to said work and then passing it off as your own without properly crediting the authors/original developers (coughR4icough). True innovation comes from sharing ideas among peers/groups to make everything better for all. When GW implemented Smea's homebrew into their launcher they thanked him for it as they knew it wouldnt have been possible without him and he in return acknowledged it
smea.jpg

Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black? Everyone know's you've been bashing Gateway since day 1 because they werent catering to your Demands...Orders...Wants requests to find an exploit post 4.5 so much to the point you don't even own a 3DS anymore because you sold it because "they dont want your money". Besides, "another time" for you is EVERY time something Gateway related is posted.

I think I remembered now why I blocked you in the first place. How the crap was I supposed to know all that about Smea's exploit. To be perfectly blunt I never knew any of that or how he even got started. :wtf: In that regard, I back off. That being said, I further refrain from posting on this thread about the GW.

You see the parts that I've bolded? You should not have said that, and the posts before mine on the same page illustrates why.

Uh, okay, but I still have my opinions on them as a company.

apoptygma

Trophies
XP
Country
Im hoping that the new update includes a way to be able to use .cia files.
If so, we will no longer need to access the eshop for game updates.

Many game updates are already available online as .cia files, they're just not installable at this time.
If GW were to implement this in the new update we could possibly use game updates for out of region games as well, specifically for JAP games like MH4, Yokai Watch etc.

Precisely; smash bros. is likely to use the 7.x/8.x encryption and I'd like to play it. I bought my 3DS after the newer updates came out so I never had the window of opportunity to download a working firmware for emuNAND to be able to play newer retail games without updating my 4.x firmware.

- The ability to use .3ds saves with new .3dz roms. (I Cant use my 80+hr Bravely Default Save :( )

Why would you need to do this? Does BD have multiplayer? I don't see this ever happening. 3ds.sav files are unencrypted afaik

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think I remembered now why I blocked you in the first place. How the crap was I supposed to know all that about Smea's exploit. To be perfectly blunt I never knew any of that or how he even got started. :wtf: In that regard, I back off. That being said, I further refrain from posting on this thread about the GW.

Uh, okay, but I still have my opinions on them as a company.

That part about them being "lazy" tho? Nope. That is flat out incorrect.
It is also the only company that actually DID give what it offered to it's customers.
They could have given us the flashcard itself which as full of complications and bugs and tell us to fuck off. They didn't. They give us regular updates.
They gave us multirom, after our blatant pleas.
They gave us the option to make back ups for saves and also back up the NAND in case something goes wrong.
EmuNAND in order to keep continuing Eshop and other online features in order to bypass nintendo's pesky updates for those that might be inconvenient.
Region free legit games was not even in their agenda. They made that available as well.
They also figured out how to make CARD2 games playable and save able.
While it wasn't in their plans, they gave us homebrew suppport AND gave smealum credit!
Surprisingly enough, they also made roms be able to be play online. While it may not be seamless, it is certainly better than nothing.
Right now, they're preparing an update that will allow its customers to play 7.x, 8.x games.

They could have sold flashcarts and done nothing after. Even after the whole bricking fiasco, they never did give up on their supporters. They could have told us to fuck off and have a nice day. Bottom line is, they didn't. They have been anything BUT lazy at this point. They are the only ones, with MT-Card that are still supporting their products.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That part about them being "lazy" tho? Nope. That is flat out incorrect.
It is also the only company that actually DID give what it offered to it's customers.
They could have given us the flashcard itself which as full of complications and bugs and tell us to fuck off. They didn't. They give us regular updates.
They gave us multirom, after our blatant pleas.
They gave us the option to make back ups for saves and also back up the NAND in case something goes wrong.
While emuNAND was a creation of smealum, they made a similar one for gateway in order to keep continuing Eshop and other online features in order to bypass nintendo's pesky updates for those that might be inconvenient.
Region free legit games was not even in their agenda. They made that available as well.
They also figured out how to make CARD2 games playable and save able.
While it wasn't in their plans, they gave us homebrew suppport AND gave smealum credit!
Surprisingly enough, they also made roms be able to be play online. While it may not be seamless, it is certainly better than nothing.
Right now, they're preparing an update that will allow its customers to play 7.x, 8.x games.

They could have sold flashcarts and done nothing after. Even after the whole bricking fiasco, they never did give up on their supporters. They could have told us to fuck off and have a nice day. Bottom line is, they didn't. They have been anything BUT lazy at this point. They are the only ones, with MT-Card that are still supporting their products.

Once again,. the only thing that stops me from blocking you is the fact that it only avoids the issue and would be a cowardly thing for me to do. Nevertheless, I wasn't truly aware and therefore retract all I said, as they've been very integral in the entirety of 3DS hacking, and branches of that been done. Gateway ultimately branched Smea's work, so in a way, they're responsible for the SSSPawn hack as well. I will personally have no use of the Gateway but will go to the SSSPawn route instead.

So, for me being such an ass to you and everyone on this thread, I state my apologies for having been so blind to the truth, now I know. :(

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Once again,. the only thing that stops me from blocking you is the fact that it only avoids the issue and would be a cowardly thing for me to do. Nevertheless, I wasn't truly aware and therefore retract all I said, as they've been very integral in the entirety of 3DS hacking, and branches of that been done. Gateway ultimately branched Smea's work, so in a way, they're responsible for the SSSPawn hack as well. I will personally have no use of the Gateway but will go to the SSSPawn route instead.

Ok then, go that route. I also support SSSPawn. But don't flat out insult those who supports Gateway, it makes you no better than the trolls that keep dismissing flashcart clones and keep stroking Gateway d*cks just to make you rage. That's only a small part of the community.
We don't need any of that hate here.

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok then, go that route. I also support SSSPawn. But don't flat out insult those who supports Gateway, it makes you no better than the trolls that keep dismissing flashcart clones and keep stroking Gateway d*cks just to make you rage. That's only a small part of the community.
We don't need any of that hate here.

I have a knee-jerk reaction, it's something I struggle with and well, yes, what I did was an unfair, one-sided attack and not true in the least. I've been wrong and for that, am willing to change my viewpoint and ways on how I think about it, thank you for educating me about it. You're right, we don't need the hate here.

klim28

Hunter4Life
Trophies
XP
Country
I too don't like the idea of cheats online. Yeah sure you can play how you want but if anyone/everyone else is affected by the cheats, its a different story. As someone posted above, like in Pokemon, you can cheat/create an all-stat ev trained pokemon offline, transfer via local play then use it online. I can't imagine godly weapons on Kid Icarus and unlimited blueshells/stars on MK7 -_-

Reactions: kingsora831

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Dear Tempers,
Please stop the ruckus.
If you want to discuss who is licking whose balls, please do this on PM.

All of these threads ALWAYS end because of ridiculous banter,
Regardless is it's "piracy is wrong" or "Gateway Team are asswipes".

keep subject civil and on topic. thanks.

and by on-topic, I'm pretty sure it's for fools like me to hype and speculate.

Reactions: IronClouds

kingsora831

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would you need to do this? Does BD have multiplayer? I don't see this ever happening. 3ds.sav files are unencrypted afaik

It does, not multiplayer per se but with online your able to send your character to other friends' games, receive friends in your game, and receive nemesis from your friends.
Theres possibly more but i dont remember since i never been online with BD lol.

Precisely; smash bros. is likely to use the 7.x/8.x encryption and I'd like to play it. I bought my 3DS after the newer updates came out so I never had the window of opportunity to download a working firmware for emuNAND to be able to play newer retail games without updating my 4.x firmware.

Im pretty sure you can play games regardless if you have an updated emunand or not, not sure about playing through classic mode tho.
And lets hope that GW's new update allows access to the latest update, so you'll be able to update your emunand to 8.x and wont have to worry about that :P.
(im pretty sure it will since the video shows them on version "GW 8.1.X)

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Just hear this news today so will it be this week or next week?
Either way I feel glad because we could go to eshop now.
May the wind bless our pirate ship.

kingsora831

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just hear this news today so will it be this week or next week?
Either way I feel glad because we could go to eshop now.
May the wind bless our pirate ship.

They said a few weeks.
I speculate maybe around a month, probably around the time of Smash Bros' Jap release.
But who knows, as long as we know its coming and have video proof waiting shouldnt be a problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn