• Views 38,423
  • Replies 185
  • Likes 16

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
You can bet if there ever was an exploit, 3 weeks later with the next update the whining moaners would be back saying "FFFFFFUUUUUUUUU SUPPORT IDIOTS WHO ALWAYS UPDATE"(Ps not saying anyone who updates is an idiot, just people who update then expect hacks)

Before gateway was even out, I always kept an eye on the latest developments and 3dbrew warned people not to update past 4.5, if people don't care to follow the advice of the hacking community don't expect the hacking community to keep catering to you

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can bet if there ever was an exploit, 3 weeks later with the next update the whining moaners would be back saying "FFFFFFUUUUUUUUU SUPPORT IDIOTS WHO ALWAYS UPDATE"(Ps not saying anyone who updates is an idiot, just people who update then expect hacks)

Before gateway was even out, I always kept an eye on the latest developments and 3dbrew warned people not to update past 4.5, if people don't care to follow the advice of the hacking community don't expect the hacking community to keep catering to you

You're like, one of my favorite posters here. That is all.

Exiron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
First of all, newer games will use the encryption. Second, all of the system apps are encrypted on newer firmwares, so you can't even boot emuNAND, not to mention eShop.
Yeah but I really don't have the need, I still have plenty of games to play on my vita, PS4 (a bunch of movies*), PS3 and even PC.
On 3DS I have like 20 Games to play on my Gateway that I haven't finished nor even started. I will wait a little before updating.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love how whiny posts like these always make their way into these kinds of threads. BRB, booting into emuNAND on my 4.5 3DS.
Just like how the forum is full of blatant sycophancy for the Gateway Team, so are the whiners. The tides of opposition is to be expected. That being said, the GW will never work on newer firmware versions due to the sheer difficulty of doing so.

BRB gonna wait for Smealum's hack.

There's an exploit coming from Smea, and it WILL be reverse engineered to run rom loaders eventually.
Only the true pusillanimity and sycophancy of a hacking team dedicated to such levels notoriety would resort to ruining what should be a good exploit. They simply don't want to put forth their own effort, but at least it would be free.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh...did you just swallow a dictionary?

Nah, not really. I'm just saying there is a lot of blind loyalty to the Gateway Team and that with Smealum's hack, they'll reverse engineer it because they're too damn lazy to do their own work with said hack. Sycophancy, AKA, butt-kissing, or being a yes-man, subjecting themselves to the whims of a company no matter what they do; think of those who follow Apple. Yeah, that. I'll take Smealum's hack over GW because it's free.

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just like how the forum is full of blatant sycophancy for the Gateway Team, so are the whiners. The tides of opposition is to be expected. That being said, the GW will never work on newer firmware versions due to the sheer difficulty of doing so.

BRB gonna wait for Smealum's hack.

My point was this: This is a thread announcing an imminent launcher update to support the new encryption. In other words, this news is not relevant to people who are on 3DS versions higher than 4.5. So the posts from people expressing their dissatisfaction with Gateway's lack of 5.x - 8.x sysNAND support have no place in this thread if they're going to express their dissatisfaction at lack of higher firmware support. Furthermore, I think you misunderstand my intent, as there is no sycophancy for the Gateway team in my posts whatsoever, and if you thought my posts were about me stroking Gateway's ego, then maybe you should look up the meaning of the word "sycophancy" or read my posts a few times to truly catch my intent. Thanks, and I truly mean no disrespect. Just clarifying my intent. :)

Edit: However, if you meant others' sycophancy towards the Gateway team, I would agree. I just don't see how that's an example that's relevant to my post which you quoted, and my point still stands: whiny posts like the one I was talking about still have no place in this thread and only further prove their "whininess. (yes, I just made up that word)"

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Used to refresh that damn site multiple times per day, yeah that shit burned into my head too, now we reap the fruits of our platinum patience

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My point was this: This is a thread announcing an imminent launcher update to support the new encryption. In other words, this news is not relevant to people who are on 3DS versions higher than 4.5. So the posts from people expressing their dissatisfaction with Gateway's lack of 5.x - 8.x sysNAND support have no place in this thread if they're going to express their dissatisfaction at lack of higher firmware support. Furthermore, I think you misunderstand my intent, as there is no sycophancy for the Gateway team in my posts whatsoever, and if you thought my posts were about me stroking Gateway's ego, then maybe you should look up the meaning of the word "sycophancy" or read my posts a few times to truly catch my intent. Thanks, and I truly mean no disrespect. Just clarifying my intent. :)

Er, not your post necessarily, but there are other people on other GW forums that are quick to defend Gateway no matter what they do, for better or for worse, hence the accusation of said sycophancy, and they often get on others' backs if one has the balls to say anything against said hacking group. That being said, it was not my intent to misread your post , my apologies for the confusion. I know you're not, but there are some people on here that do indeed have an obligation stroke Gateway's ego, but I'll save that for another time.

Reactions: IronClouds

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Er, not your post necessarily, but there are other people on other GW forums that are quick to defend Gateway no matter what they do, for better or for worse, hence the accusation of said sycophancy, and they often get on others' backs if one has the balls to say anything against said hacking group. That being said, it was not my intent to misread your post , my apologies for the confusion. I know you're not, but there are some people on here that do indeed have an obligation stroke Gateway's ego, but I'll save that for another time.
I mean no disrespect, randomizer, just friendly replying here... Maybe there's a lot of butt-kissing for Gateway here on this forum, but you can't deny they have been the "hacking" scene all by themselves since their cart came out. Until Smea's hack comes out, they are still the only active player. You could have been a part of the parade, instead of just watching it, if you had just gotten yourself a new 3DS instead of complaining that you had accidentally updated yours past 4.5. If it was all just a matter of money, then good for you Smea's hack will come out soon. Enjoy it!

Reactions: IronClouds

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Nah, not really. I'm just saying there is a lot of blind loyalty to the Gateway Team and that with Smealum's hack, they'll reverse engineer it because they're too damn lazy to do their own work with said hack. Sycophancy, AKA, butt-kissing, or being a yes-man, subjecting themselves to the whims of a company no matter what they do; think of those who follow Apple. Yeah, that. I'll take Smealum's hack over GW because it's free.
The only reason anyone praises Gateway is because they have a product on the market that does exactly what it's advertised to do. If Smea had an alternative, and a free one at that, which was readily available at this time, he'd get all the praise instead.

It's my understanding, however, that he does everything in his power to avoid benefiting pirates. It's also all just talk until he actually releases something for people to start working on. Until such a time, Gateway is, by leaps and bounds, the best custom firmware/flashcart option out there.

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Too damn lazy? Do me a favor and find the cure for cancer, solve world hunger and bring peace to all the nations by. Oh you cant... There's a difference between laziness and needing help to accomplish a goal. Did you think Smea was able to create SSPAWN all by himself? Here's a quote from Smea himself thanking those who helped him run unsigned code (And to an extent redNand which is very similar if not the same as emuNand).

Smealum said:
Thanks and shout outs go out to :
- ichfly
- yellows8
- normmatt
- wintermute
- GW team

this might not have been possible without you !

Without Gateway Team and other devs SSPAWN wouldn't even exist so cut the bullshit about laziness (Same goes for redNand). Laziness is seeing completed work of someone else, plagarizing that work, contributing nothing to said work and then passing it off as your own without properly crediting the authors/original developers (coughR4icough). True innovation comes from sharing ideas among peers/groups to make everything better for all. When GW implemented Smea's homebrew into their launcher they thanked him for it as they knew it wouldnt have been possible without him and he in return acknowledged it
smea.jpg

I know you're not, but there are some people on here that do indeed have an obligation stroke Gateway's ego, but I'll save that for another time.

Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black? Everyone know's you've been bashing Gateway since day 1 because they werent catering to your Demands...Orders...Wants requests to find an exploit post 4.5 so much to the point you don't even own a 3DS anymore because you sold it because "they dont want your money". Besides, "another time" for you is EVERY time something Gateway related is posted.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You see the parts that I've bolded? You should not have said that, and the posts before mine on the same page illustrates why.

AlbertoSONIC

Pasta Team Member
Trophies
Website
www.albertosonic.com
XP
Country
Italy
and what if smea's exploit can be used as an entry point for GW team to make GW cart work on 8.x
That will likely never happend. Ssspawn is an userland exploit so it hasn't any kind of kernel access. GW is made for playing backups and an userland exploit can't. They don't have any interest in adding 5.x-8.x compatibility since it would only allow to execute homebrews.

P.S. Even if they RE ssspwan exploit, they won't get kernel access. A totally new kernel exploit is needed and it seems that it will never be found.

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
That will likely never happend. Ssspawn is an userland exploit so it hasn't any kind of kernel access. GW is made for playing backups and an userland exploit can't. They don't have any interest in adding 5.x-8.x compatibility since it would only allow to execute homebrews.

P.S. Even if they RE ssspwan exploit, they won't get kernel access. A totally new kernel exploit is needed and it seems that it will never be found.

It's a userland exploit but smea said he could possibly make a region free patch, so I guess it aint that userland with the proper adjustments...

Mariko

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah but I really don't have the need, I still have plenty of games to play on my vita, PS4 (a bunch of movies*), PS3 and even PC.
On 3DS I have like 20 Games to play on my Gateway that I haven't finished nor even started. I will wait a little before updating.

I'd say being able to access eShop and run emuNAND with 8.x is a pretty big deal. At least to most of us. Makes me wonder why you would ask about it, if you have very little interest in 3DS developments. You have a lot of consoles and games to play. We get it.

I for one am really excited about this, since I will be able to access eShop again! I've missed out on a couple of deals, though. I just hope that Gateway has developed a method that will allow them to easily overcome any and all encryption changes Nintendo will throw at them with future updates.

Reactions: Nightwish

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c