• Views 44,710
  • Replies 222
  • Likes 8

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this seems strange, but there are people out there who actually buy games. While you may not ever want to use your hard earned money to support developers, others do. Somebody has to actually pay for the game that you then download for free (Though I'm sure that many of the games dumped are bought with stolen credit cards). So being able to access the eShop is essential for theives and spenders alike.

I would absolutely never buy from eshop. Nintendo's implementation is horribly anti-consumer. If it worked like steam, where you get to keep your library - sure. But one game per console is wrong, it needs to be one game per person. I do buy physical carts when I like a game, but I have no need for eshop.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes they are really screwing themselves. DLC for the Wii u is the only thing I plan on buying, and as little as possible.

ogopogo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Wow, Gateway really came through for me, time to start playing Bravely Second's demo and get ready for FF Explorers.

Myria

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would have made a crack to allow 9.2 to go on the eshop and theme store, but now I don't need to...

Deleted member 357656

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Silly question, can I update my .cia installed games via the eShop or can they only be updated via .cia files.

Also if I go into the eShop will all my .cia files die?

I think if you ever attempt to access the eshop all your games/DLCs installed via .cia files will be removed automatically, i'm not sure though.

Edit: Thanks for correcting me, justin.

justln

Trophies
XP
Country
I think if you ever attempt to access the eshop all your games/DLCs installed via .cia files will be removed automatically, i'm not sure though.

It doesn't, only by going to Data Management in Settings and choosing something (forgot the exact name) will DLCs/cias be removed.

alantgw

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I would absolutely never buy from eshop. Nintendo's implementation is horribly anti-consumer. If it worked like steam, where you get to keep your library - sure. But one game per console is wrong, it needs to be one game per person. I do buy physical carts when I like a game, but I have no need for eshop.
So true. Nintendo's online network is like one generation lagging behind MS & Sony.

Reactions: Margen67

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone had this issue since 9.4 with GW. I need an update for YouTube I have tried everything but it stops at 99% and errors, any ideas for me please?

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone had this issue since 9.4 with GW. I need an update for YouTube I have tried everything but it stops at 99% and errors, any ideas for me please?

I downloaded youtube for the first time on emuNAND 9.4 without any issues

Going by Crysis reply I think you should remove/uninstall and then install the latest version.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Going by Crysis reply I think you should remove/uninstall and then install the latest version.

I've tried everything, removed youtube via datamanagement, install stops at 99%, removed it via the devmenu, install stops at 99%, everything I try cannot install youtube but can install everything else like Nintendo Letter Box etc.. with no problem.

Edit: the error code I get is 005-8025

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end