• Likes 2

zxelman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright. I need some help.

I updated the Launcher.dat from the website, copied that over to my SD card. I then put the files for the blue card in the Mini SD card, and put the sd in the blue Gateway card.

I then re-install the Gateway that way. When I switch over to my red gateway card with the SD card in, I go to the settings, held the button, and it asks to update. I let it update. It then reboots to GW mode. But if I shut it off and turn it back on, and go into settings, it wants to update GW again. This cycle repeats. Did I forget a step?

Yes at some point I want to update emuNAND, but I'm wondering why I need to update now in order to boot into GW mode.

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"* Emunand 8.x boots up slower.
We have observed this too for some brands of SD cards. We suggest our users to try a different brand or a faster SD card."

this is probably because of the ridiculous, obscene amounts of obfuscation in the launcher now. the obfuscation is one of the mains reasons the size of the launcher doubled. it's so much worse than in 2.0b2, 2.1, or 2.2.

Saitel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
"* Emunand 8.x boots up slower.
We have observed this too for some brands of SD cards. We suggest our users to try a different brand or a faster SD card."

this is probably because of the ridiculous, obscene amounts of obfuscation in the launcher now. the obfuscation is one of the mains reasons the size of the launcher doubled. it's so much worse than in 2.0b2, 2.1, or 2.2.

When I booted up the newly updated emunand it was slow, but next time it was in the same speed as before. Also I noticed that applications are loading faster than before, not sure about games.

zxelman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now I really need some help. I updated the emuNAND despite the issue I had in my previous post.

It just doesn't boot now into GW mode, holding the button or not. I know I can reformat my emuNAND, but holy crap, this is frustrating. How do I get this to work?

shinichi999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Now I really need some help. I updated the emuNAND despite the issue I had in my previous post.

It just doesn't boot now into GW mode, holding the button or not. I know I can reformat my emuNAND, but holy crap, this is frustrating. How do I get this to work?

The only thing you have to do is overwrite the launcher.dat of the SD Card, then hold L+R when you go to Gateway and it will update. Then update your Emunand... and that's all!

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's exactly the same launcher as the leaked private beta. No need to waste time on this unless you like downloading stuff for fun.
can I download it if I didn't get the leaked version

I want to get this. Does this work on the latest 3DS firmware update?

Apparently you posted without reading first. Go to the gateway website and it will say what 3DS firmware this works with.

phanteon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
same md5?

edit: yes it is. No need to download if you already had the leaked beta, since they just released it as a public release.

theonlywolf1992

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
so guys.. is it stil advisable to update to 2.3b and emunand 8.1or should I just stay with v2.2 since it seems much more stable and I won't go online.

Skyrider

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
so guys.. is it stil advisable to update to 2.3b and emunand 8.1or should I just stay with v2.2 since it seems much more stable and I won't go online.

The whole point of this update is to use the latest update on EmuNAND. :P. I've installed it last week and it's working perfectly. Other than sometimes a bit slower load-times, I can't exactly complain. Can play the latest games as well. I'm happy and satisfied. Online or not, I highly doubt you'll be running into problems.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu