Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm hoping that was sarcasm. X.x

If not, would you swear by your honour that you own all said games in the flashcard?
Seriously... People that actually use that excuse are saying complete and utter bullshit!

When I used to pirate I certainly didn't own the games I downloaded. As for internal memory... My 3DS has a 32GB card and I have no issues with space, currently I have over 20 digital 3DS games... although I prefer carrying buying retail, so I always carry two of those Nintendo 3DS cases for 18 cartridges that you could get with stars on their website

No, I sell all my legit games when I have them backed-up. I see no need to keep a hardcopy anymore. I sell them for more 32GB SD cards. I'm not against piracy at all, I just don't find piracy worth it if you have to play with 1 game per card, like the current Gateway setup. Multirom might sell me on it though, once these brickings are finished with.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
No, I sell all my legit games when I have them backed-up. I see no need to keep a hardcopy anymore. I sell them for more 32GB SD cards. I'm not against piracy at all, I just don't find piracy worth it if you have to play with 1 game per card, like the current Gateway setup. Multirom might sell me on it though, once these brickings are finished with.

Well, legally, by selling the games you also lose the right to own the back-up since they're no longer yours.

Anyway, I do believe that the Gateway shouldn't be trying to throw sand at people's eyes with their next update while at the same time they disresgard the users who actually got their systems bricked.

justinkb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Um, no they will not. They will usually open an investigation and attempt to contact the retailer. If the retailer tells them the product is illegal or the company has a lot of complaints, they will most likely be suspended or blocked. It is in the retailers best interest to satisfy the customer because the credit card companies will likely hold them to whatever local laws and bank consumer protections the customer has in the location where their credit card is billed.

Interesting. In any case, that still leads to my original scenario of simply the reseller getting screwed over and as a result stopping to stock the flashcard. Agreed?

Chiodo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting. In any case, that still leads to my original scenario of simply the reseller getting screwed over and as a result stopping to stock the flashcard. Agreed?

The consumer is being screwed now.

Why would the reseller want to sell a defective/harmful product to there customers. Most resellers have more than one product.

If they continue to sell a bad product they will lose more by getting a bad reputation.

So no you are wrong.

justinkb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The consumer is being screwed now. Why do you care if the reseller makes money?

Why would the reseller want to sell a defective/harmful product to there customers. Most resellers have more than one product.

If they continue to sell a bad product they will lose more by getting a bad reputation.

Way to miss the point entirely!

Your whole post is an explanation of why your idea is bad for the consumer in the end.

It just destroys the market for 3DS flashcards, at least until some kind of viable alternative to Gateway and the clones becomes widely available.

Chiodo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Way to miss the point entirely!

Your whole post is an explanation of why your idea is bad for the consumer in the end.

It just destroys the market for 3DS flashcards, at least until some kind of viable alternative to Gateway and the clones becomes widely available.
Why would you want to by a Gateway product that is harmful?

Gateway is at fault here. They are destroying the flash cart market and trying to eliminate competition.

Greed at it's worse.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would you want to by a Gateway product that is harmful?

Gateway is at fault here. They are destroying the flash cart market and trying to eliminate competition.

Greed at it's worse.

Destroying competition, now where have I heard that before...? Oh yes, Microsoft tried to become a monopoly by trying to buy out other companies. That worked well for them, right? Eliminating competition is for wimps who don't have the balls to face said competition.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: