Hacking Gateway No Card Question?

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
No, GW classic mode doesn't let you run CIAs either (and even if it did, it'd be pointless for those who want to run an emuNAND without the Gateway in the first place, since it requires the card to be in to prevent a black screen).

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
More or less. If there was a loophole here, I'm sure it would've been discovered long before this. But hey, weirder things have happened (see Ocarina of Time on the N64. They're still discovering bugs and glitches in it in 2014/2015..).

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
More or less. If there was a loophole here, I'm sure it would've been discovered long before this. But hey, weirder things have happened (see Ocarina of Time on the N64. They're still discovering bugs and glitches in it in 2014/2015..).

Well, you could install the cia with a gateway cart then load the Launcher.dat for the CFW that bypasses the check, however that's only 4.5 cia's and you could do that without a gateway anyway.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Right, but the 4.5 CFW isn't terribly desirable (well, for those who don't care about games newer than 4.5, and to some extent 5.x and 6.x, varies per game, it's fine, but unstable). I wouldn't be surprised if we see a cart-less solution eventually. Anyhow, I think this idea is debunked for now. Do feel free to prove me wrong though. My experience in trying it isn't the end-all be-all.

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
Right, but the 4.5 CFW isn't terribly desirable (well, for those who don't care about games newer than 4.5, and to some extent 5.x and 6.x, varies per game, it's fine, but unstable). I wouldn't be surprised if we see a cart-less solution eventually. Anyhow, I think this idea is debunked for now. Do feel free to prove me wrong though. My experience in trying it isn't the end-all be-all.

Yeah the CFW sucks, I can't even get it to install the BBM, it just gives me "failed to connect" and it only boots like 1/5 times. There are firmware spoofed CIA's though, but nothing with 7.x encryption works AFAIK. What with all these spider tools and whatnot something will come along.

Reactions: Margen67

Loko4

Trophies
Website
www.loko4.com
XP
Country
Brazil
The best way is if you borrow a GW

Install devmenu, install cias game and dont turn off the console.

You cannot remove sd to install more games, the 3ds will give a warning, so your only option is transferr via FTPony

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
A video of you booting from power off to gateway launcher -> gateway mode with nothing in the slot all in one shot would be more convincing than a screenshot.

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
before i get carried away(sorry if this sounds noobis)
classic mode=emunand mode right?

Classic Mode uses emunand and no extra patches I believe aside from region free (might be wrong).

GW Mode uses emunand if formatted in the SD card or sysnand if not. both with patches to allow running roms

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)