Hacking Gateway Mario and Luigi Dream team issue

jordanmgreen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got a gateway today and all game rips ive tried play perfectly. Mario and Luigi dream team doesnt its a EU rip and I have a US 3ds but I thought with 1.1 gateway it would load. Did I miss something?

D

Deleted User

Got a gateway today and all game rips ive tried play perfectly. Mario and Luigi dream team doesnt its a EU rip and I have a US 3ds but I thought with 1.1 gateway it would load. Did I miss something?

1. Is the game booting? What error do you get?
2. What is the CRC32 of your Mario and Luigi ROM file?

D

Deleted User

nothing in game card slot on main screen and im not sure what CRC is??? Im sorry

CRC is a checksum, used to verify if the file you downloaded is correct. The site 3ds.essh.co has a list of ROMs and their valid CRC. Look on Google for CRC tools, you'll find lots.

As for your issue, I think you downloaded a bad ROM. At the very least the icon should show up, IF and only IF you have a valid ROM dump.

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OK --

I have tried Mario & Luigi (EUR ROM) with GW on my Japanese 4.3 XL and it doesn't load [it gives me a Japanese message which I presume is about firmware incompatibility, and it then wants me to enter in my parental control PIN code, presumably to update to latest firmware, which of course I won't do ;) ], then I tried same ROM on my European 4.3 XL and it worked fine.

Yes, I have EUR & JAP 4.3 XLs.

I think there may be an issue with non-region + firmware spoofing together, given the EUR ROM boots on my EUR 4.3 console but not my JAP 4.3 console.

Rainbowsixvegas6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
OK --

I have tried Mario & Luigi (EUR ROM) with GW on my Japanese 4.3 XL and it doesn't load [it gives me a Japanese message which I presume is about firmware incompatibility, and it then wants me to enter in my parental control PIN code, presumably to update to latest firmware, which of course I won't do ;) ], then I tried same ROM on my European 4.3 XL and it worked fine.
I've noticed something similar with my console. It seems having parental controls on and starting a game from another region prompts me to enter my pin and then the game works fine.

I think there may be an issue with non-region + firmware spoofing together, given the EUR ROM boots on my EUR 4.3 console but not my JAP 4.3 console.
I've noticed a similar problem like that with my console. If I try another region game on my console it asks me to enter my pin and then the game works fine so it may be that having parental controls on and trying a game from another regions prompts you to enter your pin.

Schizoanalysis

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've noticed a similar problem like that with my console. If I try another region game on my console it asks me to enter my pin and then the game works fine so it may be that having parental controls on and trying a game from another regions prompts you to enter your pin.

Hm. Good to know.
I wish I could read that Japanese message. I am too scared to enter my PIN in case my console updates.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
OK --

I had a similar problem with parental control enabled on v.1.1. Once I turned it off the games of other regions ran perfectly without any message.

Just turn parantal control off and your game will work, trust me :)

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Hm. Good to know.
I wish I could read that Japanese message. I am too scared to enter my PIN in case my console updates.

strange

got a Jap 3DS on 4.5 and the EU rip works fine

but i dont have parental controls enabled
(you do realize the update message from downloaded firmware is removed with the Gateway Installer and running Gateway mode right?)
and with 1.1 files you dont see game update message either

Schizoanalysis

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
strange

got a Jap 3DS on 4.5 and the EU rip works fine

but i dont have parental controls enabled
(you do realize the update message from downloaded firmware is removed with the Gateway Installer and running Gateway mode right?)
and with 1.1 files you dont see game update message either

Yeah, true, but I just don't want to risk losing my 4.3 firmware I guess.
Shame I can't read that message in Japanese. I just assumed it was related to firmware, but it may not be related to that.

vini9157

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yeah, true, but I just don't want to risk losing my 4.3 firmware I guess.
Shame I can't read that message in Japanese. I just assumed it was related to firmware, but it may not be related to that.

so just disable the parental controls.

Also the google translator for android can translate anything u can take a picture

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night