Hacking Gateway custom case inserts

DSlite2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice, and I know I may sound like a noob but how did you put the sticker on the GW card?

I used Photoshop to create the label graphics and After Effects (AE) to place it overtop of a picture that someone else took of their Gateway red card. Also used AE effects to help make it look like it was part of the photo.

...print the cover out for proper size not sure if the size would be available though in the app?

It is already the proper size for printing. Just use Letter size paper and trim the crop area with scissors.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Buddy can you give me the dimensions for the cover please if you don't mind. I need:- Width, Height, spines.width, inner diameter/splited part all in mm you may not need the last 2 not sure tbh its for CoverXP to save it as an option so it prints out perfect to fit :)

Skull Kiddo

Definitely Not A Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I used Photoshop to create the label graphics and After Effects (AE) to place it overtop of a picture that someone else took of their Gateway red card. Also used AE effects to help make it look like it was part of the photo.

you got me, and me thinking you really had the sticker ;____;

Reactions: DSlite2

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Nice, and I know I may sound like a noob but how did you put the sticker on the GW card?
print it on sticker paper and cut it out :P, i may actually make one of these soon, the sticker on mine has started peeling on the corner

personally i would love to get hold of the blue and red cases off OR/AS, just for the sake of it like, although my gateway pretty much stays in the console, it would be handy for the blue card to have a box as i keep loosing it....hmmm i have a spare NDS case i could probably throw the blue card in

Reactions: Skull Kiddo

DSlite2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buddy can you give me the dimensions for the cover please if you don't mind. I need:- Width, Height, spines.width, inner diameter/splited part all in mm you may not need the last 2 not sure tbh its for CoverXP to save it as an option so it prints out perfect to fit :)

10.867in x 4.567in @300ppi

276.01mm x 115.99mm @300ppi

Reactions: Reecey

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country

It is already the proper size for printing. Just use Letter size paper and trim the crop area with scissors.

It wont work like that bud it will just print out massive size my side, you need the proper dimensions.

_eyCaRambA_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's pretty cool, thanks for sharing.
I once printed a custom case insert for a 3DS game and remember it was hell to get the dimensions right... maybe I'll have more luck this time around. Printing stuff at exact dimensions can be a bitch.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I plan to print out the stickers. I just can't find any glossy sticker paper. Seems to be all matte sticker paper.
lol yeah i know what you mean, i have printed out a few replacement labels for snes games on matte sticker paper....doesn't look too bad tbh, i have seen the glossy stuff on ebay, but i have like 2 packs of matte sticker paper still so don't feel the urge to buy any :P
That's pretty cool, thanks for sharing.
I once printed a custom case insert for a 3DS game and remember it was hell to get the dimensions right... maybe I'll have more luck this time around. Printing stuff at exact dimensions can be a bitch.
good tip for getting them pretty much perfect....print out a ruler first that you can then use to measure up against on the computer without loads of trial and error

Reactions: _eyCaRambA_

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Its not working for me properly m8 it keeps cutting the end off the cover. How can I print this cover off, what do I use?. If I just print it straight off it just prints of massive also if i use Windows Paint.

DSlite2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know. I've only printed from Photoshop using these settings (modified to mm)

Attachments

• print.jpg
    print.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 244

DSlite2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL well at least GW isn't spending too much time on art. I'd rather get code than fancy art

LoL true. I'll be their graphic design guy. I'll be their video guy too - that is actually what I specialize in. I'm tempted to make some videos and guides for Gateway Ultra's release...

Oh and your Avatar reminded me that I need some help finding the image Sky3DS uses for their flashcart label. I need it to make a high resolution custom case insert for the Sky3DS.

Reactions: HtheB

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse