Hacking Gateway - "Card was removed" error

SpaceJump

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Today I suddently get the "The Card was removed" error when starting a game. I ran the diagnostic test with this result:

- FPGA Test: OK
- SPI Test: FAIL
- SPI Read Test: FAIL
- SD Test: ExFAT

I never had any problem with my GW card until today. Anything I can do to fix this?

SpaceJump

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks, I'll give that a try. Which chip excatly is the SPI chip? The small black one? Where exactly does the pressure on the card have to go?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
well i would suggest you try popping the card in and out a few times first, just to make sure its not a contact issue, but the video shows you where to put the padding

SpaceJump

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
To be honest I don't see exactly where the pressure has to go in the video. I tried a tape like you did all over the card, but that didn't work. Which one is the SPI chip?

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
so if i'm right, the contacts need to be cleaned, if possible resolder them, but watch out for the plastic. since i noticed its the contacts with the 3ds... take a flashlight to check if the connector inside your 3ds looks okay (had some consoles where the pins were bend)

you need the tape to stabilize the card so the contacts are pressed agains each other... like i said it's a contact failure most likely clean the contacts with contact spray, check the connector inside the 3ds and your card.

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
what i've noticed is that the test is not really testing what it says it test the communication between spi and 3ds. that's why in the video he uses tape and cleans the contacts... the spi might just work fine the contact are degraded most likely by changing the card too much.

SpaceJump

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm very sure in my case it's the SPI because the GW card is always recognized and the ROMs always show up. Games that save on the NAND even work, because I guess they don't use the save chip at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ending to the fallout series was lame could've gave us a bit more