GATEWAY 3DS IS PREPARING A BIG UPDATE IN APRIL!!

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by TheGreek Boy, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Hayleia

Member Hayleia GBAtemp Maniac

France
    Guess who's second on the feature request poll on that max console site here? http://www.thatsiteyouknow.com/votings/categories/gateway-3ds-feature-request.2/?order=most_voted
    Video Capture. Right after GBA support (which I have no idea why it's so high since, if you dualboot Gateway and Luma for example, you can have it, or you could use retroarch too for N3DS users...).
    Even funnier, screen streaming in general appears twice in the top 15 most wanted features.

Note, I obviously nuked the url because I'm not sure if it's allowed here, but you should be able to get there.

2. Retroboy

Member Retroboy GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    yea it seems to be #2 on that list, 264 want the feature, 152 say no.

but its use would be like what really.

sure if a feature gets high demand and gateway may work torwards making it possible but then its a matter of is it an urgent feature or not.

I mean this could have 1k users wanting it and 900 people wanting gateway rom stability on games, which really has a higher importance, streaming or rom stability (aka pokemon sun/moon).

i see #1 is GBA rom support which i question this whole list now because you can play other roms using emulators that doenst require the dev team to port to its launcher. so saves them time working on key features when all you have to do is download the .3ds or install the cia of said emulator and away you go.

plus the dev team of said emulator will have the time needed to work on bug fixes and updates which when it comes to emulation can be a regular task and would mean gateway spend more time updating an emulator than they would working on new features.

but hey ho thats just my thoughts, id rather have focus on features improved you need, than features you can live without or find alternatives to do the same job.

3. Hayleia

Member Hayleia GBAtemp Maniac

France
    True, I forgot to watch the ratio -.-
    However, when ordering by ratio, the screenshot feature is still high on the list, so my argument about people caring about screen access still stands.

I agree with that, no idea why GBA VC is such a big deal. Ok, it runs full speed on O3DS unlike emulators, but really that many O3DS users care about that?

That's exactly what I'm saying ;)
    Why would I want GW to work on "rom stability" to run every game? If that's all you want, free CFWs already do that. I'd rather have them work on actually usable screen streaming unlike NTR's which works but is a PITA.

4. mrjoshuaco

Newcomer mrjoshuaco Newbie

United States
    I don't need you to think I'm legit, nor do I care. My point is that there ARE valid use cases that don't involve full-on piracy for this, and other, flash carts. As for them being "tiny", understand that when I carried carts, the TSA would CONSISTENTLY be rummaging through my bag and pulling them out. Additionally, I'm about 6'5", and when not flying business class and stuck in coach, pulling games out of my bag under the seat is a pain in my fucking ass. The reality is that there is ZERO argument that it's a more convenient solution than carrying 20 carts.

Again, my point is not if you believe me, but that you acknowledge there are other reasons to use it. Not that it'll get in the way of your righteous crusade ;P.

5. abdellbobo
    This message by abdellbobo has been removed from public view by Minox, Apr 21, 2017 at 7:15 PM, Reason: This is not the Eof, either contribute or don't post at all..
    Apr 21, 2017 at 12:58 PM
  6. BananaSlamma

Newcomer BananaSlamma Member

United States
    april is almost over and still no update from gateway

7. stl25

Member stl25 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Don't expect a release SOON. I made the mistake of starting a hype train with a thread here for one of their past releases. I think it ended up being like a couple months before it actually released. I love my Gateway, but I wish they would exercise better judgement with update news and not post anything until it is released. This would save GBATemp users from 15+ Gateway themed threads that end up in a full on Gateway bashing. Develop firmware release firmware provide changelog. This would serve Gateway better. Only people who have been long time owners really look forward to any news (releases are appreciated) but it doesn't need to be the butt of Gateway bashing that they (Gateway) unnecessarily create.

8. v18281

Newcomer v18281 Member

Afghanistan
    as of today i can't play online anymore on 11.2. any way to bypass this?
    edit: nevermind. I solved this by using ctr-httpwn.

Last edited by v18281, Apr 25, 2017 at 5:43 AM
  9. Quantumcat

Member Quantumcat Dead and alive

Australia
    Install a9lh and update to 11.4? Or just use CTR-httpwn.

10. v18281

Newcomer v18281 Member

Afghanistan
    Thanks. I solved it by using ctr-httpwn.

11. Rob Blou

Member Rob Blou GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    I still like my Gateway since I have double the space (my internal and my Gateway SD Card) and I can easily drop games on the GW micro sd

cvskid likes this.
  12. Emenaria

Member Emenaria GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    I know people are taking a :shit: on GW but personally I still use it when I want to try cheats. (There're some codes that only work on GW)

I may use NTR CFW instead, but it has an issue. When I boot NTR CFW, run a game, and then switch games, the 3DS gets stuck on the loading screen 100% of the time, so I have to reboot the 3DS and NTR after everytime I play a game, which is a real pain in the neck.

And according to this post, there seems to be no real fix available for this.
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...rd-ntr-cfw-method.423445/page-48#post-7198684

Last edited by Emenaria, Apr 25, 2017 at 8:38 AM