Hacking Gateway 3DS error?

mochaccino

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just got my gateway 3DS today, but I am having a lot of trouble running the games after setting everything up. I keep getting the following error message when running any ROM through emunand: "An error has occurred. Hold down the POWER button to turn off the power, then turn it on and try again". I followed the instructions several times, and can't see what I am doing wrong. Everything up to that point seems to work perfectly, however.

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Make sure you have emunand installed and updated and that the roms come from a good source.

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
emuNAND is not required to start Gateway Mode.

Make sure up to date Launcher.dat (currently 3.0.3) is placed on your
SDCard (FAT32) inside 3DS and microSD (exFat/Fat32) inside red Gateway Modul.

mochaccino

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
emuNAND is not required to start Gateway Mode.

Make sure up to date Launcher.dat (currently 3.0.3) is placed on your
SDCard (FAT32) inside 3DS and microSD (exFat/Fat32) inside red Gateway Modul.
No luck. I think my launcher is running correctly because the emunand is working correctly and the game's icon appears on the upper screen, but when I load it, I get the error repeatedly.

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried another micro SD card? What brand/size/speed is your mSD? Was it bought online from who knows who or from a reputable big chain store (online or in person)? Is there anything on your mSD card other than your ROMs? What games have you tried? Is your mSD card formatted to FAT32 or exFAT? If FAT32, have you properly split any large ROMs?

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
- What is your Firmware Version?
- Did you try to update emuNAND?
- What brand and size is your SD Card?
- Is it SD Card or microSD in Adapter (for 3DS)?
- What is it's Size?
- Does it work to mount the games?
- Did you format your microSD for red Gateway Card before using?

mochaccino

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am currently using this micro SD card for my red gateway card, it is a 32GB Adata micro SD : http://www.ncix.com/detail/adata-32gb-premier-uhs-1-cl10-18-83600-1120.htm
I am using a similar but smaller micro SD card with an adapter for the 3DS. I formatted the micro Sd into exFAT but have tried .3DS games as small as 500mb to as large as 2GB with no luck (with games in different regions as well).
My emuNAND seems to have updated to 9.4 correctly (themes, eshop and everything loads properly). The 3DS was originally in version 6.2, but I downgraded to 4.2U and then formatted emuNAND.
Unsure how to mount or dump a game unfortunately, very new to this :(

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To dump your cartridge you need to press and hold L when executing nds profile exploit.
Insert your cartridge and choose dump from Gateway Menu. It gets stored on your internal SD Card.
Your own dump contains a valid header, so name it <gamename>.3dz and place it on your microSD Card for Gateway.

"Mount" is the part when you press 'select' and choose your game after executing exploit.

If the problem continues, it would be the best to format emuNAND after making backup with emuNANDTool.

emuNAND will be on 4.2.0-XXU after this, then you should try an older rom like Mario Kart 7!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The spam robots have become self aware