Hacking 3DS Flashcarts - News, Updates, and Support Thread

dagro

Trophies
XP
Country
I'll only be looking at Ace Attorney 5 if anything from eShop. What other benefits are there for updating to v6.3 EmuNAND? I realise that v7 might be coming soon
playing eshop games & updates (will work as long as you get the games before 7.0 so you don't have to go to eShop after to get forced to update)
streetpass plaza etc(might not work after 7.0)
you can't play multiplayer online but some people can do local play so thats good if you like that
play retail carts requiring firmware upto 6.3 (this I don't understand why not just sell the games and play rom? Only pokemon and animal crossing don't work and the gwteam are adding support for that before xmas hopefully)
The reason why everyone is updating to 6.3 is the fear of being blocked in the future. You can run all games except the two stated fine with just changing launcher.dat

Pontes De Leon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want to play the new Zelda (not really concerned with emuNAND for now, I can wait until the official non-beta version is released). Currently using a Gateway w/ 1.2 firmware. Do I just replace the 1.2 files with the 2.01b?

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I just want to play the new Zelda (not really concerned with emuNAND for now, I can wait until the official non-beta version is released). Currently using a Gateway w/ 1.2 firmware. Do I just replace the 1.2 files with the 2.01b?

sure just change the launcher.dat and you're good

Keoje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have now successfully updated to v6.3 EmuNAND and retained my systemNAND at v4.3 :grog:

I'm safe now from screwing up my 3DS right? What else do I look out for? I know for sure when I'm in EmuNAND and when I'm not as I have a different setup for each.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just for the sake of information, I can confirm that the GW DS profile hack relies completely on the SD card instered. If you change it, you'll have to reactivate GW's Blue card hack.

OK guys, at last I'm doing the whole procedure by myself. I'm trying to simplify the steps according to everything I have learned about the hack in this forum so this is what I have done so far (ten simple steps):

1: Ensure the 3DS SD card has more than 1GB of free space.
2. Back up NAND and wait almost 1 hour (after this I entered to GW mode and failed, but this doesn't matter)
3. Copy all files from SD card to PC.
4. Select "Prepare EmuNAND" option and wait almost 30 minutes (after this I entered to "classic mode", but this doesn't matter)
5. Delete every file visible on the SD card and copy the backed up files to the SD card (except NAND.bin).
6. Without booting GW's hack, go to System Settings and delete all Internet settings (optional: also change the 3DS language to a foreign language); then exit to the main menu
7. Boot GW mode, verify that Internet settings are intact on emuNAND (as well as the original language).
8. Reboot the console.
(Optional and preventive). Double check that Internet settings are actually deleted from the actual NAND .
9. Boot GW mode, go to System Settings, check for the letters GW3D on there and go straight to System Update.
10. Enjoy the latest 3DS firmware.

By the way, if you change the language of your system, you may need to reactivate GW DS profile hack through their NDS ROM (Blue GW).

Also note that this guide was made assuming that the system had already a registered hostpot before doing the EmuNAND partition.

A question, when u use the internet settings on your EmuNAND, does your connection settings ONLY appear in Emunand?
As in, in SysNAND, are the internet settings still deleted?
I have formatted my second 3DS in order to prevent updates in sysNAND (as in, my internet settings are not set up), so that's why I am asking.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
A question, when u use the internet settings on your EmuNAND, does your connection settings ONLY appear in Emunand?
As in, in SysNAND, are the internet settings still deleted?
I have formatted my second 3DS in order to prevent updates in sysNAND (as in, my internet settings are not set up), so that's why I am asking.

Basically, any change made while being on emuNAND will be copied to sysNAND (except the System Update, of course). The solution for deleting internet settings on sysNAND is doing it after registering your desired hotspots on emuNAND, otherwise they will be registered on sysNAND as well and you'll have to delete them again.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Basically, any change made while being on emuNAND will be copied to sysNAND (except the System Update, of course). The solution for deleting internet settings on sysNAND is doing it after registering your desired hotspots on emuNAND, otherwise they will be registered on sysNAND as well and you'll have to delete them again.

Oh, so after deleting them for sysNAND, u don't have to worry about accidentally updating it?

I'm asking since I just bought a gateway recently, and it's being shipped. :)

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Oh, so after deleting them for sysNAND, u don't have to worry about accidentally updating it?

I'm asking since I just bought a gateway recently, and it's being shipped. :)

Probably, it's just a matter of rejecting any update prompt that could appear on screen.

I have yet to see if the update prompt (that I had for 7 months) on sysNAND has disappeared after updating emuNAND or not.

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I just noticed that when you are in EmuNAND, your play time tracking in RealNAND shows you spent all your time in the System Settings.
I spent a week in Settings :lol:

ahh, that might be the reason why quite a lot of miis i meet using homepass have recently played system settings ;)

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
ahh, that might be the reason why quite a lot of miis i meet using homepass have recently played system settings ;)

They may just have changed the date. When I used to streetpass at a major city of my country, a lot of people had system settings as their last program used to get more coins per day.

I want to believe that, while homepassing using emuNAND, the output data contains the actual last program used and not system settings.

dagro

Trophies
XP
Country
Someone help me out here
I updated my emunand and have it running without any changes to realnand. I copied the saves etc once I had it updates so I can continue from where I left off in my games. The problem is I can run rune factory fine and continue but when I run bravely default it creates a new save?

Ryft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By the way, you do NOT need emunand to play the newest Zelda. I played it all the way through by just booting into Gateway mode without even having emunand set up. The fixes for the 5.x games are built into the launcher. Emunand's main purpose is to allow eshop access.

Someone help me out here
I updated my emunand and have it running without any changes to realnand. I copied the saves etc once I had it updates so I can continue from where I left off in my games. The problem is I can run rune factory fine and continue but when I run bravely default it creates a new save?

If you know which file is your old Bravely Default save, try renaming it to whatever it named the new save file. This could be risky though... haven't tried it myself so I don't know.

-Dazed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the questions, but following instructions verbatim isn't working out at the moment. Have no problem with using Gateway normally, but EmuNand doesn't seem to work very much. Before I followed GW's instructions and got my firmware GW4.5----, yet after trying to system update it via settings it wouldn't boot GW, so I ended up formatting that SD.

Decided to follow Kyogre's instructions on the previous page and it wouldn't boot to GW mode from profile when I formatted EmuNand (got the 'restart console' error), but after trying a couple times I finally got to the menu. Now it won't let me boot GW mode with this SD (freezes with grey/white lines). Gonna try to Format EmuNand again to see if it works but I doubt it'll help. As an aside, I got all 'fail' when I tried the diagnostic, but it hasn't stopped GW mode from working normally and booting 3ds games.

I think it's the SD card (using the stock 2gb) the 3ds doesn't like. When I format to EmuNand the DS seems to no longer recognize it in apps like Camera.

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Don't know if its about 2.0 but since I use it my 3ds sometimes doesnt show the games I plug in it, I hope my cartridge reader wont break :c

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Sorry for the questions, but following instructions verbatim isn't working out at the moment. Have no problem with using Gateway normally, but EmuNand doesn't seem to work very much. Before I followed GW's instructions and got my firmware GW4.5----, yet after trying to system update it via settings it wouldn't boot GW, so I ended up formatting that SD.

Decided to follow Kyogre's instructions on the previous page and it wouldn't boot to GW mode from profile when I formatted EmuNand (got the 'restart console' error), but after trying a couple times I finally got to the menu. Now it won't let me boot GW mode with this SD (freezes with grey/white lines). Gonna try to Format EmuNand again to see if it works but I doubt it'll help. As an aside, I got all 'fail' when I tried the diagnostic, but it hasn't stopped GW mode from working normally and booting 3ds games.

I think it's the SD card (using the stock 2gb) the 3ds doesn't like. When I format to EmuNand the DS seems to no longer recognize it in apps like Camera.

Changing the language of the console deffinitely screws the DS profile hack; it remains there, but the launcher won't boot, so you just need to boot a DS game and then reactivate GW Blue card hack.

For me, it also gives me problems while trying to boot Gateway mode or Classic mode (takes a lot of tries until I can finally boot any of them), I guess the problem is that I'm using a MicroSD through a very old SD adapter.

-Dazed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Changing the language of the console deffinitely screws the DS profile hack; it remains there, but the launcher won't boot, so you just need to boot a DS game and then reactivate GW Blue card hack.

For me, it also gives me problems while trying to boot Gateway mode or Classic mode (takes a lot of tries until I can finally boot any of them), I guess the problem is that I'm using a MicroSD through a very old SD adapter.
Changing Language I didn't do (just removed internet settings). I also noticed sometimes things would load slower with this SD card. Tried redoing hack w/Blue card a couple more times to no success. I'll try the 'official' route one more time and if it doesn't work I'll just shelve it for now. I don't mind waiting for GW team to iron out their bugs. Just hope this supposed new update doesn't lock EmuNand out.

Ryft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Changing Language I didn't do (just removed internet settings). I also noticed sometimes things would load slower with this SD card. Tried redoing hack w/Blue card a couple more times to no success. I'll try the 'official' route one more time and if it doesn't work I'll just shelve it for now. I don't mind waiting for GW team to iron out their bugs. Just hope this supposed new update doesn't lock EmuNand out.

I had the blue card hack freeze on me one out of the three times I tried it but people on here suggested closing your 3DS for a few seconds and reopening it. Did that and it picked up and finished right after so that's one thing you can try. Gateway seems to be very finicky with SD cards... I am using the stock SD card that came with the 3DS XL and an old microSD I've had for over a year (I think it's class 4) and I've had a few small problems like the Gateway not booting 1/3 of the time. I ordered a 16 gig Transcend class 10 micro sd for when multi-rom comes out though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over