Status
Not open for further replies.

reiyu

Canadian, eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Actually, I should have done it back in January when 10.3 was the latest update. I wasn't expecting A9LH to be a thing and thought I'd be happy with just MSET, but alas... When 10.7 was latest firm, that would've required CN JP anyway, so it was already too late.
get yourself an orange button sky for $30 somewhere, that should fix your issue easy. way cheaper than CN if you ask me.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Learn to move on. My observation still stands..

No, this involves the community as a whole. Not just GW owners. Now feck off.

Found it!!!

794.png

Last edited by Kioku,
Reactions: VinsCool

CreAtor135

GBATemp's #1 Nothing
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: VinsCool

VeryCrushed

Devious Prorammer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But why waste time when A9LH Luma/Cakes does the job better?
Because CIA's take forever to install, especially if you have a lot of games.

You can swap SD's in the red card while the system is on, drag and drop games easily, and still trim most of them to be as small as a CIA.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
get yourself an orange button sky for $30 somewhere, that should fix your issue easy. way cheaper than CN if you ask me.
I could easily do that, yeah! Except with the recent Gateway A9LH discussion going on, I might not have to (I'm gambling on waiting for Gateway to actually listen to the people complaining about the fork)

Heh, I guess you could call me a cheap ass. I'm not really in any rush though: I still use my USA A9LH+Luma N3DS for everything. I only really want to steal my JPN SecureInfo_A and have a compatible A9LH solution to use my Gateway without moving all my games/saves over.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
the 5 he was talking about.
vins is a former gw owner, and you're a current gw owner.

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I sold my Gateway off. Mostly because I needed money at that time.. Kind of ironic, huh?

CreAtor135

GBATemp's #1 Nothing
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some things to clear up:
-The new update is not releasing in 48 hours. It's releasing 48 hours after the end of the beta test, which is at the end of the week.
-3DS CAN be powered on without GW Card, but it boots the GW menu
-There's a good chance that Gateway will fix their problems, as this is a beta test.
-It is much to early to make any final judgments about this whole release.

What we currently know:
-Updating sysNAND after GW A9LH will either brick the 3DS, or remove A9LH from the system.
-It's possible to have 11.0 on Gateway sysNAND while still maintaining A9LH, it requires you flash an 11.0 NAND.bin during the A9LH install process
-The downgrader is extremely unstable. Don't use it.
-N3DS has a 100% brick rate if you use only Gateway's stuff, due to them not unbricking emuNAND before flashing.
-No GBA support, although someone states that they can run GBA in sysNAND.
-DS Games and Flashcards do work in emuNAND.
-Some report that homebrew apps do not work alongside this alpha build.

Please inform of what I'm missing. Will update post. (pls no memes b0ss)

Could we end the shitposts now? We all understand that this shit is underdeveloped and an absolute mess, but what is endlessly complaining gonna do about it? If anything we'll just hinder the morale of the Gateway Team, and cause them to perform more poorly than they already are. I'm just as frustrated with what we've seen as the rest of you, but now's the time to be suggesting to the team how they could make it better, not telling them that they're shit and their code's shit and that they should just end their company. Helping something improve in its early stages is what beta tests are for.
bumping these

Reactions: Minasodrom

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just saw this post: You can't do this with Gateway CFW, because it blocks FIRM patching and would result in a brick. Additionally, RxTools doesn't support 8.1J MSET, and factory 8.1Js don't have web browsers: It's a rather sticky situation where only Gateway managed to find a way to get MSET ROP working on 8.1J, and I'm hoping the new update will fix all my issues (assuming they also fix what had been discussed many times in this thread)

I guess so, but it might also be the pressure of several customers/haters asking for an actual release date, because most of us talk trash about Gateway, joking about "SOON" release dates and whatnot. I guess it's more silly to think that most of what they're doing is obfuscating already-written code...

OK, thought rxTools had an MSET for anything. Oh well. Guess you do need CN, or PSMD and someone to set it up.

Reactions: CrispyYoshi

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crimeny, I really don't miss Gateway threads. Never had a reason to buy the thing and people like the ones here make me glad of that fact.

Thread closed at the request of the OP. This shouldn't be a problem since the date in question has come to pass. If there isn't already a thread to discuss any new happenings there surely will be soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/eJV6GaIEgd4?si=ciLPnlhfd7XcrxQn