Hacking gateway 2.1 bugs

gamesquest1

Nabnut
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
ok i was wondering if anyone else has encountered any bugs in 2.1, i have just found a super trimmed ocarina of time doesn't go down to well with the gateway card, with some quite weird effects

inb4 "don't trim them then" yeah i am aware that the best advise is to not trim, im just wondering if anyone else has had stuff like this happen

when this happened i could still move around on the gateway bar untill i selected a game then,

this is what happened after selecting a game, quiet wierd, but console works fine after reboot, but it does crash whenever i select the zelda super trimmed rom

Sooo has anyone else experienced any bugs like this?

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've had the an error has occured quite a few times, think it was more to do with my MicroSD card though than GW. When I put a real one in it's not happened since, it only used to happen on loading Animal Crossing & Bravely Default. The only other bug ive encoutered is failing to boot properly into gateway mode, after clicking nintendo ds profile the screen goes black and freezes, probably happened twice out of 40 times, no big deal.

aireca

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok...
Sooo has anyone else experienced any bugs like this?

That's no bug, trimming cuts partition info, which is now used by the new savegame system, new trimming tool is need wich i believe i have seen on the mario virtual console thread but i don't know if it works for all the games.

The only other bug ive encoutered is failing to boot properly into gateway mode, after clicking nintendo ds profile the screen goes black and freezes, probably happened twice out of 40 times, no big deal.

Yea, that happens when the microSD or the Gateway cart is not making proper contact.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
that only applies to nand saving games, i do realize that the super trim removes the system update which is the likely cause, but its just weird that it crashes like that i.e garbled screen :D

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only other bug ive encoutered is failing to boot properly into gateway mode, after clicking nintendo ds profile the screen goes black and freezes, probably happened twice out of 40 times, no big deal.

I had that happen with the older version (not the one with the brick code, but the one right before that), but not with Omega.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
when i enter gateway mode, then i go to settings again and load up the exploit again (maybe this time i want to dump a card etc), i get an error and have to power down.
maybe it doesn't happen all the time, i forget, but the last time i did it i got an error :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i always pee in the water