Hacking Garbage data on WBFS drive

marice

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello all,

When i got my new 640 WD-essential drive (works great!), i installed all my backups off DVD-R, now some of them have scratches on them, and thus stalled(20 minutes and no change in installed % ) or loader code dumps.
so while it aborted the installed process (shuting down the console).
but when i look at free space in the loader it indicates that i lost a few GB's each time it happens... (this happend to me 4 times or so)...
while i dont see the game listed between the other installed titles, so i cant delete these files that actually are written..

can i somehow delete the garbage data? or do i need to format the whole drive again(i hope not... i have 50+ games on it)?
maybe a way to list the whole dir structure on the drive, and delete files?

thnx for any reply's..

Marice.

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
never never install backups @ wii, quite bug-prone.. rerip to windows and then up to the hd using the windows tools (wbfs manager for example)
and use wbfs manager to get the games off yer hd onto windows, then format it, then reup them.
Only use the console to install legit discs

franky86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
manias said:
never never install backups @ wii, quite bug-prone.. rerip to windows and then up to the hd using the windows tools (wbfs manager for example)
and use wbfs manager to get the games off yer hd onto windows, then format it, then reup them.
Only use the console to install legit discs

i installed about 30 backups to my usb through the wii. all went just fine and run perfectly.

Robotic Earthlin

Trophies
XP
Country
Try using this WBFS manager on your computer. It may be able to see the junk data, but I'm not sure. It also lets you lets you copy ISOs directly from your hard drive to the WBFS drive, which is more reliable than burning and then ripping a disc.

Ripping discs with the Wii should be okay if the discs are in good condition though. I haven't had any problems with it.

marice

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Robotic Earthling said:
Try using this WBFS manager on your computer. It may be able to see the junk data, but I'm not sure. It also lets you lets you copy ISOs directly from your hard drive to the WBFS drive, which is more reliable than burning and then ripping a disc.

Ripping discs with the Wii should be okay if the discs are in good condition though. I haven't had any problems with it.

Yeah i installed 20 titles that i had on my PC with wbfs manager... but it doesnt find the garbage data :S

Well im not gonna re-format the drive.... cant be bothered... i have more then 450GB still free... so doesnt matter that much..
but it would be nice if some app could "Clean" ur wbfs drive
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.