Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
REMEMBER THE 90'S??????????

GAMES WERE SO MUCH BETTER IN THE 90'S.

GAMES NOWADAYS JUST AREN'T AS GOOD. THE NINETIES.

REMEMBER POKEMON???????????????????

REMEMBER OCARINA OF TIME??????????????????????????????????????????????

THE NINETIES WERE SO GOOD.

Holy shit this wank.

Gaming nowadays has a lot of shit but it always has. We just don't want to think about when it was bad ten years ago or twenty years ago.

Play the games you like, don't play the ones you don't. Even then, it's a hobby, if it dies I'll find something better to do with my time.

kirokun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently gamers don't want innovation... they say they do but usually disregard it once available.
Basically gamers don't know what they want.

D

Deleted User

Because a Developer sure wants to cater to that Hardcore audience, rather then the money pile of 12 year olds and their parents. Why would a business, out to make money (because it's a fucking business), make vidya games targeted to an outdated audience of neckbeards?

Also, "Gaming on PC" is totally dying. It's not like, Valve have literally started profiting off virtual (free) trading cards. And how do people earn trading cards? Buying games and playing them.
Gaming is going nowhere, it's more profitable then ever.

joepassive

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
you wrote all of that because you are upset you can't get these console, because ur a college student.
when you leave college, go get a job and buy 'em all.
i'm a nintendo fan, so i own a 3ds and a wii u. why? because i can, financially.
stop whining, god.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Welcome all to this weeks installment of: Gaming is dead.

Seriously, like every goddamn week.
It's getting old guys. Gaming isn't going to die, get over it.

Reactions: CathyRina

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
REMEMBER THE 90'S??????????

GAMES WERE SO MUCH BETTER IN THE 90'S.

GAMES NOWADAYS JUST AREN'T AS GOOD. THE NINETIES.

REMEMBER POKEMON???????????????????

REMEMBER OCARINA OF TIME??????????????????????????????????????????????

THE NINETIES WERE SO GOOD.

Holy shit this wank.

Gaming nowadays has a lot of shit but it always has. We just don't want to think about when it was bad ten years ago or twenty years ago.

Play the games you like, don't play the ones you don't. Even then, it's a hobby, if it dies I'll find something better to do with my time.
Pretty much. This is the old grandpa attitude of "ah, X used to be so much better" when it only seems like it because you remember the good parts of it. People dealt with just as many, if not much, much more shitty games. LJN? Crappy 5 quid Amstrad/Speccy/C64/Amiga/Atari games that barely worked? These were the nightmares of the early nineties. All that's really changed is the technology which is infinitely better and the scale which is far larger. I bet million bucks that if we took a journey back in time and showed a PS4 to a random gamer in the late 80'ies/early 90'ies, he'd first cream himself and then die of heart attack at the sheer thought that this is what gaming will look like in the nearby future.

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Pretty much. This is the old grandpa attitude of "ah, X used to be so much better" when it only seems like it because you remember the good parts of it. People dealt with just as many, if not much, much more shitty games. LJN? Crappy 5 quid Amstrad/Speccy/C64/Amiga/Atari games that barely worked? These were the nightmares of the early nineties. All that's really changed is the technology which is infinitely better and the scale which is far larger. I bet million bucks that if we took a journey back in time and showed a PS4 to a random gamer in the late 80'ies/early 90'ies, he'd first cream himself and then die of heart attack at the sheer thought that this is what gaming will look like in the nearby future.

I literally play with that though on regular basis with my friends. Most of the time we come to a conclusion that people would randomly die of what looks like heart attack. And then we continue rambling about foxdie.
Man I should really take a break from this series.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
JDMUA0A.jpg

Trevor Belmont

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gaming will be considered "dead" once the line between actual, hardcore gamers (you know, people who know and enjoy the classics from the 70s on up) and the casual, soccer mom, teeny-bopper, "bored", ADD / candy crush-aholics are considered "gamers".

On THAT day, gaming will cease to be gaming and gaming will now be just another mindless medium for all those empty-headed drones to put money into for some instant (and short-lived) gratification.
Pretty much like modern day Hollywood movies. :-)

Reactions: Metoroid0

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
Gaming will be considered "dead" once the line between actual, hardcore gamers (you know, people who know and enjoy the classics from the 70s on up) and the casual, soccer mom, teeny-bopper, "bored", ADD / candy crush-aholics are considered "gamers".

On THAT day, gaming will cease to be gaming and gaming will now be just another mindless medium for all those empty-headed drones to put money into for some instant (and short-lived) gratification.
Pretty much like modern day Hollywood movies. :-)

Truth!!!

NakedFaerie

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
you wrote all of that because you are upset you can't get these console, because ur a college student.
i'm a nintendo fan, so i own a 3ds and a wii u. why? because i can, financially.
stop whining, god.
Who you said that too?
I got all consoles except for xboned as I dont want one.
I've been gaming for over 30 years so I've seen good games come and go and these days there are a lot of good games but there is more crap than good games. 95% of Nintendo games are crap compared to the same gen. Wii to PS3, WiiU to PS4, 3DS to Vita. DS to PSP. Nintendo have never had the same amount of quality good games. (Thats my opinion not yours)
But that said there is still lots of crap on all consoles. Just because they can make a game doesn't mean its going to be any good. But there will always be suckers to buy the games good or bad. I've brought a lot of games some really bad but I enjoyed and others hated so in the end its up to the individual if its a good game or not.

So is gaming dead? nope, it will never be dead as long as there are people to buy games and consoles to play the games.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who you said that too?
I got all consoles except for xboned as I dont want one.
I've been gaming for over 30 years so I've seen good games come and go and these days there are a lot of good games but there is more crap than good games. 95% of Nintendo games are crap compared to the same gen. Wii to PS3, WiiU to PS4, 3DS to Vita. DS to PSP. Nintendo have never had the same amount of quality good games. (Thats my opinion not yours)
But that said there is still lots of crap on all consoles. Just because they can make a game doesn't mean its going to be any good. But there will always be suckers to buy the games good or bad. I've brought a lot of games some really bad but I enjoyed and others hated so in the end its up to the individual if its a good game or not.

So is gaming dead? nope, it will never be dead as long as there are people to buy games and consoles to play the games.
He was saying that to the OP. Obviously, if you have been gaming for 30+ years, the chances of you being a (poor) college student are rather low.

Also, I think the main (if not only reason) people say games are crappier nowadays is because, well... there's a crapload of them. For every awesome game out there, there's dozens of not-so-awesome ones. If every tenth game was an Elder Scrolls, Mass Effect, or other huge game that has millions of people enjoying it, this thread wouldn't even exist.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stop whining, god.

He has one point (arguably two with the microtransactions but that's more complaining about it being a thing, not price) relating to prices.

Is that a mountain I see? Nope, it's a molehill. Sorry.

Stop being a twit.

Fronic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Veho's image is so true. The thing with games is it has become as large as movies and so it caters to the masse. Now we don't have the challenge and fun we used to have in a majority of our games. The fun is still there but now games are an alternate conduit for a story and so many games are very casual, especially the big names(I noticed someone mentioned Mass Effect, which is silly easy on the hardest difficulty but the story is a big appeal). And now we have games being mass produced which offer very little in later revisions like COD, which I tend to get every 3rd or 4th game because it actually feels like they progressed to something new. And then micro-purchases which are half bad and half good. Some bring amazing after market additions and some give you a chance to play a game for free and support the devs; but way too many are used to drain every penny out of a game and offer far too little for changing the experience, instead pulling from weird consumer desires. Personally, I am extremely cautious with my purchases and tend to stick with Nintendo for my consoles because I like to have fun and PC for the challenges, not that eventually I won't get a PS4 and/or an Xbone. I am a gamer after all.

Does any of this mean games are dead? They are dead as much as good movies are dead, there are always gems.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Sicklyboy I was reading your post on the lgbtq batman