Gaming history which you would change?

D

Deleted User

SEGA to not present the original Saturn specs to Sony for collaboration. Sony rejected this and collab and used the same specs and copyrighted, etc,. As a result SEGA focus on building an 8 core machine in 1995... Great work.

Last edited by ,

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Nintendo not screwing up their negotiations with Sony about the CD player (or with Phillips, for that matter). If Nintendo had retained that partnership, the N64 would have had a cd player, the PlayStation would never have existed and all those games would stay with Nintendo. Sega most likely wouldn't have been pushed from the market, and the gaming landscape would look a lot different nowadays.

Flame

Me > You
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Last edited by Flame,
Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The whole console war thing perverted itself during the 7th gen. The Wii went full motion controls and fun, and the market was left with two giants who chose graphics instead of gameplay. The 1990s console war was great, Sega vs. Nintendo, Sonic vs. Mario, etc. 6th gen console wars was also fine, we had Sega vs. Sony vs. MS vs. Nintendo. But then...

Reactions: Flame

tetrabrik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish the original wii hadn't been such a massive success with non-gamers. it took us all on a very unnecessary and painful detour from which we're still recovering. I fell now publishers are finally giving up on that holy grail and letting developers make games for gamers again.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sony and Nintendo could have an agreement in order to work together, i could totally see the Nintendo PlayStation 4 pro switch

Nintendo not screwing up their negotiations with Sony about the CD player (or with Phillips, for that matter). If Nintendo had retained that partnership, the N64 would have had a cd player, the PlayStation would never have existed and all those games would stay with Nintendo. Sega most likely wouldn't have been pushed from the market, and the gaming landscape would look a lot different nowadays.
Why? Why would you want less competition? Sega was gonna fuck up sooner or later, and we'd be stuck with Nintendo/Sony, vs just Microsoft.

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
There's a lot I would change/ban on gaming history:

-The day Sony was founded as a gaming company. Even though that would mean I never get a PSX/PSOne, PSP or a Vita. They just kept stealing ideas from other companies and finally screwed the handheld I like.
-The day Nintendo decided to create a very limited quantity of Nes Classic. Hope they fix that with SNES Classic.
-The day Microsoft buyed RARE. Bye, bye good games from them.
-The gaming industry trying to re-sell the same games over and over just by "remastering" them.
-The existence of "limited", "special", "collectors", game editions. It's only to increase it's final price, don't be st$%&&d!

Among others.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could also say maybe a no dlc. Some people just take it way too far? Doa5 has like way too much for over the past 5 years, and they are all costumes, Do we really need 60+ outfit for like 14 female characters? And i bet the total is like over $1000 by now for every single one from day one with no discount. Instead of having a costume change mode like Tekken 7, and Virtua fighter 5, you got people selling costumes for IRL Money, you can least make them unlockable without spending money, we already paid $60 for our games, and spend even more for aesthetic changes? This is why pc mods exist. O_O

EDIT: I forgot it already got worst. :blink:

upload_2017-8-17_2-15-22.png

This has to be someone's idea of a joke. :nayps3:

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: