Homebrew Emulation GameYob, a gameboy emulator for DS

mmfsm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So i lost all my savestates playing oracle of ages, they are still stored as xxxx.ys0, xxx.ys1 etc in the microsd, however the emulator is unable to read load save states, this happened after i turned the 3ds off.
the .sav file is still working though.

any ideas would be appreciated

lost them again, had autosave off and borders off, one save state rolled me back to a previous room but had the key as used already.

plus hard save didnt register even though i used X after saving, lost 2 dungeons of progress.

xy1154

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Hi Drenn, your emulator rocks:yaysp: ! Tried it with Tokimeki Memorial and the voice samples played wonderfully. The emulator works fine, but I wonder if you can implement screen-capture in next version:rolleyes: ?

kaptengrot

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, not sure if this has already been mentioned since I didn't read the whole thread. I'll also post on the Github. When playing the Japanese Pokemon Crystal, when you go into the Goldenrod Pokecenter the game stops working and shows an error message like "you're not playing this on a gameboy color!". When I try to change the settings (the ones like "recognize this as a GBA" etc) and then try going inside, instead of getting that message the game just flashes the inside of the pokecenter for a brief moment and then freezes. I'm playing on a 3DS if that matters any. For now I'm just avoiding that pokecenter entirely (and I haven't found any other bugs). Here's the in-game error:

このカートリッジはゲームボーイカラーせんようです。ゲームボーイカラーでしようしてください。

It seems this is the English version with some info about it:
http://glitchcity.info/wiki/index.php/This_Game_Pak_is_designed_only_for_use_on_the_Game_Boy_Color.

DarkLordVader

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am currently playing Pokemon Red on VBA using my Laptop, however I have a R4i on the way and plan on playing it on the DS using GameYob. I have a couple questions;

1) Will the .sav file from my VBA work on GameYob?
2) Does the Nifi feature work with the Pokemon Game Boy games for Trading/Battling?

tetradog

Trophies
XP
Country
Great app :) thanks for develop it ;)

one question mistery gift of pokemon silver is posible with futures version??? i think this is posible but i don't have idea xD

DarkLordVader

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My .sav file for Pokemon Red that I created with VBA will not load on GameYob, any ideas? It works with LameBoy but on GameYob it just comes up "New Game".

ipwndeveloper

Trophies
Website
gb4iphone.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
My .sav file for Pokemon Red that I created with VBA will not load on GameYob, any ideas? It works with LameBoy but on GameYob it just comes up "New Game".

States created with lameboy are not compatible with GameYob, last I heard. Make sure its not a savestate. Hmm, what game?

DarkLordVader

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
States created with lameboy are not compatible with GameYob, last I heard. Make sure its not a savestate. Hmm, what game?

It wasn't created on Lameboy. I played the game (Pokemon Red) on the Laptop using the VBA emulator. My R4 arrived today and I tried to use the .sav file off my Laptop on GameYob and it didn't work. I then tried using the same file on Lameboy and it loaded no problem. On GameYob a new .sav file get's created automatically and overwrites the one I transfered from my Laptop.

Edit: I put Pokemon Blue onto GameYob and started a new game, I saved and powered off. I then copied the .sav file from the R4 to my Laptop and played the saved file on my Laptop using a Emulator [my save loaded and worked fine]. I saved my progress and then transfered the .sav file back to the R4 and it wouldn't work on GameYob anymore.

There seems to be something happening when .sav files are created/overwritten else where. Is there anyway to get around this?

ipwndeveloper

Trophies
Website
gb4iphone.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
um. I havent used VBA in a while, are there any options when saving? trimmed saves dont work well with GameYob(in my experience). I think the problem is when saving with VBA, but I cannot test this as I don't run windows... because it appears when the sav is overwritten, something is lost. Does the filesize of the sav change, before and after you open it in VBA?

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a version of NesDS that has a 10 millisecond delay for the Nifi. It works pretty well. Perhaps if this was implemented for Gameyob, the Nifi would be more stable. Or would it not work, because it's a different system?

Drenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There is a version of NesDS that has a 10 millisecond delay for the Nifi. It works pretty well. Perhaps if this was implemented for Gameyob, the Nifi would be more stable. Or would it not work, because it's a different system?

You know, I got a good way into implementing this, but you'd have to build it from source. It worked okay with multiplayer super gameboy games. As for the link cable, I tried using the approach of emulating both gameboys on both systems, but I couldn't quite get it to work properly. The emulated gameboys in each system would desync.

DarkLordVader

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Me and my cousin attempted a trade using Pokemon Blue. I traded him a Venonat and he then traded it me back. It's sprite changed to a grey Charizard with the glitched name of M. It's health bar was messed up and it was invisible in the party. I couldn't deposit it into the PC either and battles in the game had messed up reversed sprites. The game would also freeze whilest it was there.

I found a way to fix the game however; simply give the glitch Pokemon to the Daycare man then get it back. It would then allow me to deposit into the PC and release it. After doing this my game was restored.

After a few more trades I realized a common fault was Pokemon's names shortening for example Bulbasaur would become Ulbasaur and Trainer IDs would do the same or disappear completly. Some trades we're better than others.

Just thought I would let people know results.

On note of the current subject; it would be good to get stable NiFi connection. :)

Reactions: Margen67

Drenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Me and my cousin attempted a trade using Pokemon Blue. I traded him a Venonat and he then traded it me back. It's sprite changed to a grey Charizard with the glitched name of M. It's health bar was messed up and it was invisible in the party. I couldn't deposit it into the PC either and battles in the game had messed up reversed sprites. The game would also freeze whilest it was there.

I found a way to fix the game however; simply give the glitch Pokemon to the Daycare man then get it back. It would then allow me to deposit into the PC and release it. After doing this my game was restored.

After a few more trades I realized a common fault was Pokemon's names shortening for example Bulbasaur would become Ulbasaur and Trainer IDs would do the same or disappear completly. Some trades we're better than others.

Just thought I would let people know results.

On note of the current subject; it would be good to get stable NiFi connection. :)

I do recall making a warning that "NiFi connection sucks" whenever you try to turn it on. Maybe I hadn't put that in for v0.5 though. :P

Eskuero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I need some help, I've been playing Pokemon Silver without any lags for almost and hour. Then I saved the game (with Autosaving on) and when I tried to load the game it doesn't show "Continue" on the main menu. However the .sav file is created on the sdcard. As a test I tried to save manually pressing X button after in-game saving, but still doesn't let me continue the game. Just forces me to start a new game. I can easily write and restore save states without problems, but I would like to be able to load .sav files :(

¿Can someone help me please?

Eskuero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just also noticed that if I reset the game after saving it will let me continue with the last saved game. But if I choose the exit option and then try to start the game it won't work.
Also after exitting the reset thing won't let me get the save again.

DarkLordVader

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, I need some help, I've been playing Pokemon Silver without any lags for almost and hour. Then I saved the game (with Autosaving on) and when I tried to load the game it doesn't show "Continue" on the main menu. However the .sav file is created on the sdcard. As a test I tried to save manually pressing X button after in-game saving, but still doesn't let me continue the game. Just forces me to start a new game. I can easily write and restore save states without problems, but I would like to be able to load .sav files :(

¿Can someone help me please?

Is your R4 card up-to-date?

Drenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have been getting a bunch of reports with saving not working properly. I'm not updating this atm, for now, all I can suggest is turning autosaving off and seeing if that helps. When autosaving is off, your save data will be backed up to the SD card when you select the "exit" option.

As for save states, they should be working fine, except for one bug where when you select a border, the save states are stored in the wrong directory. This should be fixed in my latest build link, but if you need to work around this, you can just exit & reload the rom after opening it.

Reactions: migles

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: A PS3 pkg i downloaded