Homebrew GameYob 3DS - GB/C emu

Drenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Would be nice if you post on the first page when a new version of the emulator is out :)

Since I haven't tested it very much, the first page has only a link to a build which is updated whenever I make a change. I'll mention it here if it's anything interesting. I think once I do a bit more testing and sort out the more obnoxious bugs (like the bios causing whitescreens) I'll make an actual release (v0.6).

Drenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does DevMenu = Sound, Drenn?

Pretty much. I've been tinkering with it since yesterday. Latest build has preliminary sound

It's not very good, it kind of gargles the music, and there are still a bunch of bugs in the implementation. The "gargling" is caused by switching the audio buffers. StapleButter mentioned it being a problem for blargsnes but it seems far worse in gameyob. Anyway, it's there, but don't expect much yet.:wink:

Edit: for anyone interested in the source, you type "make 3ds" or "make cia" to build the corresponding files.

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Awesome to know, anyway! Really looking forward to letting go of the wonky VC generator and going back to good old GameYob.

loco365

Trophies
XP
Pretty much. I've been tinkering with it since yesterday. Latest build has preliminary sound

It's not very good, it kind of gargles the music, and there are still a bunch of bugs in the implementation. The "gargling" is caused by switching the audio buffers. StapleButter mentioned it being a problem for blargsnes but it seems far worse in gameyob. Anyway, it's there, but don't expect much yet.:wink:

Edit: for anyone interested in the source, you type "make 3ds" or "make cia" to build the corresponding files.

Apparently, 3ds/types.h is missing, but I'm pretty sure I'm screwing something up on my end. I'm looking forward to building and testing the CIA version once it is built though.

Drenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Apparently, 3ds/types.h is missing, but I'm pretty sure I'm screwing something up on my end. I'm looking forward to building and testing the CIA version once it is built though.

Check the first post again =P

I've been told that compilation is broken on windows, though types.h should be part of ctrulib. I ought to look into it soon though.

Drenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You could create a fork on github.

No real point, everything compiles already with a common codebase. I was talking about how if there's an update, it would make sense to post in either thread, but would be redundant to post in both threads.
Does this have 3d layering support?

No, at best I could make the sprites pop out, but I don't think I could do much more than that. Though the gameboy graphics hardware does have some layering, most games would look pretty weird if I tried to make it 3D. Anyway it's low-priority...

Reactions: Saxer

Link999123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No real point, everything compiles already with a common codebase. I was talking about how if there's an update, it would make sense to post in either thread, but would be redundant to post in both threads.

No, at best I could make the sprites pop out, but I don't think I could do much more than that. Though the gameboy graphics hardware does have some layering, most games would look pretty weird if I tried to make it 3D. Anyway it's low-priority...

Cool, I could see it working if you made it customizable.

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sound works pretty well with the CIA version, but yeah the gargling is very clear in BADAPPLE.GBC since it uses samples.

Drenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is the audio popping only present in the .cia? Also, it doesn't detect the GBC BIOS file.

Well, there isn't any audio for .3ds files... I don't think. I heard that gateway patched out certain checks allowing me to use that service, but I haven't tried adding the csnd service yet.

Will you please add the option to change aspect ratio?
(Like full screen and Fill screen?)

Keep up the great work!

It's planned.

Reactions: HtheB

Drenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You don't even get to hear Pikachu in Pokémon Yellow. It makes the title screen incredibly underwhelming.

Yeah, I hope I can fix that when the dust settles :P
Thanks for the VERY FAST reply!!

By the way, can you please provide us with the latest version? ^^ (compile it for us, will ya?)

I never made a "stable" release, so the build on the first page is the latest. I think I'll stop providing that when I do make a stable build, since I found it somewhat confusing when replying to bug reports.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
First public homebrew with sound afaik, congrats B-)
Sounds pretty fine in Mario's Picross. Bit of an eye strain playing that in the tiny screen tho, will stick with Virtual Console for it until the scaling options are in :)

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I seriously don't know how and why this happens, but... for some weird reason, my internet browser (Firefox) suddenly stops working whenever i try to download gameyob.3ds. lmao :L

It doesn't bother me anyway, as gameyob.cia works though. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end