Hacking Gamestop updates all refurbished 3DS/3DS XL units to 7.X.X or above.

Redhorse

Warehouse 13 Curator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless they've changed their practices radically and recently, (within hours) I worked for Gamestop myself, also know as Babbages/Software Etc and a few others and we did no such thing. I'm not calling you or him a liar, just misinformed. I still maintain several contacts within the company to this day, throughout the country (U.S.).

Now some independent local stores(who have felt the wrath of flash cards) with a conscience, MAY update to prevent piracy, but it is not a corporate-wide/mandated practice.

In fact I've worked for several and (presently) have close friends on the inside at (throughout Fl., Tx,. Az.,N.J. right now) that say (as of this week), they do no such thing. What WE did (and they're doing) was check system slot for a game, delete games presently downloaded, delete names from the system and put right onto the shelf. no battery charge, no sticker or system cleaning nothing. period... THAT"S all there was/is to refurbishing, that refurbishing is the biggest lie in electronics today. The only thing being refurbished is their cash flow. There is nothing known or technically being refilled, restored, reconfabulated or otherwise being magically returned to a previously used state.

It IS what it IS, USED. Millions in marketing dollars tells (Gamestop CEO's) them 'refurbished' items sell faster than used items. That's why you're not buying your used games from Goodwill on a regular basis. It's simply 1st Year College Economics 101.

Reactions: Parasite X

pao13071

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
meh if u go to the thread and search the codes on the boxes and call and ask 10-15 stores u will find a new 3ds with 4.1-4.5 bought mine 10 days ago u just need to search stores from your country on the internet.The thing is that it might take a lot of time like it did to me :/

Gaming4Ever

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've seen a few locally on CL but I would guess the percentage of finding one at Game$top is pretty low.....would be nice tho :sad:

JayPea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've got 2 of my <4.5 consoles from CEX so not all of their stores do. They even let me look through all the ones they had until I found the right firmware.

When did this happen? Recently? I asked about 6 months ago and was told by the shelf stacker in the local branch that it's company policy? I can only suggest that you're lucky enough to have lazy bastards working in your local CEX (or the ones in my local CEX are jobsworth pricks!). I had to turn to Fleabay to get mine.

19cookies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When did this happen? Recently? I asked about 6 months ago and was told by the shelf stacker in the local branch that it's company policy? I can only suggest that you're lucky enough to have lazy bastards working in your local CEX (or the ones in my local CEX are jobsworth pricks!). I had to turn to Fleabay to get mine.
Early June this year.

Redhorse

Warehouse 13 Curator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Many Ebay Sellers willing-ly list their consoles with their Gateway Compatibility, as there's nothing in Ebays rules against that. They list it according to it's firmware 4.X.X etc.. I have had an Ebay seller account for 9 years (as of this year) and never had a bum purchase. I buy monthly from there. My pre-purchase rule is never buy from new (less than 50 sales) sellers) and check the negative ratings.

BTW, you can see which ratings are for something they're bought and which are for something they're sold. Also, just because their cheap Indonesia-made power cords or whatever which they may purchase by the pound and resell individually may burn out fast and get their Ebay store a bad rating, does not mean they sell bum 3ds systems. Which is why is pays to check the individual ratings People may be very happy with the consoles but hate the power cords and rate them accordingly. Check their ratings. Just be smart about it. Better still, buy mostly from 'power sellers'. Don't be afraid to buy just be smart.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night