Gamestop closing 120-130 stores, moving away from games

Randamin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't followed the pricing recently but for some games I bought the stickers would show a pricing history and seeing how the same game was cheaper at a previous time made me feel slightly ripped off sometimes.

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Fix'd. :P

And hey, it could be worse I guess. I picked up a copy of Sonic & the Secret Rings from GameStop a while back, and it had a price tag from what I assume was another game shop, or an older era when GameStop's tags were different. It was a different color from GameStop's price stickers and was on the inside of the spine, so I assumed that it was just slipped in there and could be slipped out by lifting the plastic cover of the case.

When I got home, it turned out that the yellow sticker LITERALLY was stuck onto the cover art, UNDERNEATH the plastic of the spine... Meaning there was no way to possibly remove it without seriously damaging the cover art. Furthermore, removing the GameStop sticker on the back corner revealed another yellow price sticker (this time outside the plastic), and the barcode beneath the plastic was cut out with scissors.

Seriously, I don't understand these shops sometimes... and I'm speaking as someone who used to work at a used game shop, too.
Laugh.. sorry. Forgot they're still alive. :rolleyes:

This is really a horrible sticker story indeed.
Onto the plastic - ok bad, but not that bad.
Underneath the plastic on the cover - Madness!

They wanna sell things, do they? Wouldnt come to my mind when I hear something like that.

Oh, you worked in one? As it sounds you did make a better experience. :)

Reactions: TripleSMoon

FencingFoxFTW

Trophies
XP
Country
Fix'd. :P

And hey, it could be worse I guess. I picked up a copy of Sonic & the Secret Rings from GameStop a while back, and it had a price tag from what I assume was another game shop, or an older era when GameStop's tags were different. It was a different color from GameStop's price stickers and was on the inside of the spine, so I assumed that it was just slipped in there and could be slipped out by lifting the plastic cover of the case.

When I got home, it turned out that the yellow sticker LITERALLY was stuck onto the cover art, UNDERNEATH the plastic of the spine... Meaning there was no way to possibly remove it without seriously damaging the cover art. Furthermore, removing the GameStop sticker on the back corner revealed another yellow price sticker (this time outside the plastic), and the barcode beneath the plastic was cut out with scissors.

Seriously, I don't understand these shops sometimes... and I'm speaking as someone who used to work at a used game shop, too.

have you tried drying the sticker with a blower?

Nyancat

wow i have a custom title, how nice
Trophies
XP
Country
My GameStop already closed ages ago, shame because it was the only store where I could get pokemon cards and games. It was missed..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a picteof not updating just tell them don't update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...