Gaming Gamespot gave Bayonetta 2 a 10

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Yeah I agree, the graphics are like shit hot on my UltraHD 42inch, not seen nothing as good as that yet on the Xboxone or PS4 for that matter, it really does look the goods also the demo is amazing to play! I really didn't know the WiiU was capable of such power in the graphics department until I saw the demo running, the WiiU really is a dark horse!

Bayonetta 2 is outputting what the Wii U can do at its best visually speaking? Definitely not.

Sonic Lost World, Mario 3D World and Most Wanted all look far better in terms of graphical power.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When non-Nintendo games get high scores, all I see is "Wow paid reviews the game sucks."

When Nintendo games get high scores, it's "BEST GAME OF THE GENERATION SUCK ON IT."

Enjoy the fact that the game will sell so poorly that you'll never ever get another one.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
When non-Nintendo games get high scores, all I see is "Wow paid reviews the game sucks."

When Nintendo games get high scores, it's "BEST GAME OF THE GENERATION SUCK ON IT."

Enjoy the fact that the game will sell so poorly that you'll never ever get another one.
Thankfully i could give a fuck less about that! because i'm not a douchbag!
It doesn't seem like people care.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip

I don't quite agree when reviewers give Nintendo games or others a too high or perfect score because they usually ignore the flaws that said product has.

While I really enjoy the Wii U version of Most Wanted the framerate is pretty damn bad at times and the god damn digital trigger sort of ruins the fun, but it's still a gorgeous fun game to play if you put those problems aside. I normally get tons of hate on Amazon when I list the cons that a Nintendo exclusive has to it and also give it a 3/5 (like Hyrule Warriors).

3/5 for me is an OK rating, 4/5's great and 5/5 perfect.

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I don't quite agree when reviewers give Nintendo games or others a too high or perfect score because they usually ignore the flaws that said product has.

While I really enjoy the Wii U version of Most Wanted the framerate is pretty damn bad at times and the god damn digital trigger sort of ruins the fun, but it's still a gorgeous fun game to play if you put those problems aside. I normally get tons of hate on Amazon when I list the cons that a Nintendo exclusive has to it and also give it a 3/5 (like Hyrule Warriors).

well yeah of course, people nowadays think, that 70-75% is an average game and everything bellow it is garbage, so how dare you rate something 60%, that they actually like? :rolleyes:

edit:
btw, did anyone see that 60% review of bayonetta 2 by LEVEL (Czech Republic) ?
60 % !!!
incoming shit storm in
*hides*

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Microsoft or Sony game comes out:.....................................Looks good, might buy
Nintendo game comes out: The thread changes topic and every becomes a Supreme Judge over that one game.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yeah, I'm a fan of the simple 5-star system. So much of someone's opinion of a game is going to be personal, so it's a bit ridiculous to have a 100 point system, especially when 0-60 basically all means it's absolute shit. 5-star system allows you to put games in to general tiers without over-thinking it. Of course when metacritic brings in one of those 5-point based scores, people lose their minds seeing the score translated to a 100 point system so that 3/5, which is good, becomes 60/100, which is shit.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yeah, I'm a fan of the simple 5-star system. So much of someone's opinion of a game is going to be personal, so it's a bit ridiculous to have a 100 point system, especially when 0-60 basically all means it's absolute shit. 5-star system allows you to put games in to general tiers without over-thinking it. Of course when metacritic brings in one of those 5-point based scores, people lose their minds seeing the score translated to a 100 point system so that 3/5, which is good, becomes 60/100, which is shit.
I don't like numeric scores all that much - they're not descriptive. A review should tell you what the reviewer thinks about the game, what he/she liked, what he/she disliked and most importantly, why that was the case. An opinion is usually subjective, but providing reasoning and detail can provide an objective outlook that you can interpret yourself. When I give something a score, I add and substract from the total based on the constituent parts, that's why I use averages so often. A number is just a number - it doesn't really tell you what's good and what's not so good about a given game. When you think about it, thinking "I won't buy this game because it's a 5 out of 10" isn't very reasonable - you might actually like the game anyways if it fits your interests and tastes, you might like everything that makes it a "5" for someone else.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't like numeric scores at all - they're not descriptive. A review should tell you what the reviewer thinks about the game, what he/she liked, what he/she disliked and most importantly, why that was the case. An opinion is usually subjective, but providing reasoning and detail can provide an objective outlook that you can interpret yourself. When I give something a score, I add and substract from the total based on the constituent parts, that's why I use averages so often. A number is just a number - it doesn't really tell you what's good and what's not so good about a given game.
Yeah, the actual written review is far more valuable (assuming the reviewer knows how to articulate their thoughts) than the score that comes with it.

Reactions: Foxi4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 9:02 am here