Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
gamescom-20141.jpg

Gamescom is the yearly European equivalent to the massive E3 and it's about to get started! (well it started yesterday but the big shows start today!)
Expect some big reveals as platform holders, publishers and developers all usually keep something up their sleeves just for Gamescom.

-Microsoft's show is first this year starting at 1pm BST (2pm CET) on Tuesday 12th August. WATCH LIVE | WATCH LIVE 2 | WATCH LIVE 3

If you are unable to watch live you can check out the following announcements box that will be updated in real-time:
xbox.png

-Event starts with AC Unity 28 October release date trailer
-Phil Spencer on stage
-29 New Markets starting September 22nd
-GTA V can import save files even from PS3
-New bundles to be announced
-New Big Exclusive to announce
-FIFA 15 will have exclusive Xbox content and early access with EA new program, new FIFA bundle September 26th - 50 Legends for Xbox versions of FIFA 15
-Peter Schmeichel on stage - bigging up legends
-Chris Charla on stage

-ID@XBOX Show Reel:
Blues and bullets
Cuphead
Dungeon of the endless
Ghost of a tale
Goat sim
Gunscape
Massive challice
Inside
Knight squadlovers in a dangerous place
IDARB
No time to explain
Plagueinc Ev
Smite
Slashdash
Space engineers
Spectra
Threes!
The Escapists
Volgarr the Viking
Speedrunners
Superhot
(Missed 2 or 3 titles!)

-Space Engineer demo
-Super Hot demo - First on Xbox One
-Team17 - The Escapists first on Xbox One - Looks like Prison Architect
-Smite -MOBA - first on Xbox One - Looks like LoL - Play as Hercules, Thor, Poseidon
-Capy - First on Xbox One - Looks nice - adventure game

-Phil Spencer on stage - Talking about CoD - play CoD Advanced Warfare MP at Gamescom
-CoD Trailer - You have EXO suits -long car scene can't tell if scripted or not but looks good - biggest CoD overhaul in history - looks really good
-CoD DLC on Xbox
-NEW 1TB COD CUSTOM Bundle Nov 3rd
-Evolve first on Xbox One - -Jan Beta on Xbox One - Feb 10th release date
-Evolve Kraken gameplay DEMO
-Phil Harrison on stage
-Rise of the Tomb Raider EXCLUSIVE to Xbox One 2015
-Quantum Break talk
-Quantun Break DEMO - game looks gorgeous - third person action - MC can freeze time - very interesting
-Fable Legends trailer
-New IP - SCREAMRIDE - Spring 2015 - LOOKS LIKE TOO MUCH FUN!!!
-Forza Horizon 2 talk
-Ori and the Blind Forest devs on stage - gameplay DEMO - looks gorgeous - play on show floor - ships this holiday
-Ted Price - Insomniac Games on stage - Sunset Overdrive - October 28th
-New Sunset Overdrive White Xbox One Bundle - €399 October 31st
-Masterchief Collection - Halo Night Fall included - Directed by Ridley Scott
-New Xbox One Halo Channel - Interactive Digital Channel on Xbox One and Windows - Twitch partnership
-Halo 2 Update DEMO
-'Live' Halo MP DEMO
-Halo 5: Guardians BETA in Master Chief Collection - 4vs4 - Dec 29th to Jan 18th - 7 maps - 3 modes
-Preorder and Predownload coming to Xbox One

--STAGE SHOW END--
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Sony's show starts at 6pm BST (7pm CET) on Tuesday 12th August. WATCH LIVE | WATCH LIVE 2

If you are unable to watch live you can check out the following announcements box that will be updated in real-time:

ps.png

-Event starts with Little Big Planet 3 Gamescom trailer - 18th November
-Bloodborne gameplay - OMG! (sorry!)
-Showreel of already announced games
-Jim Ryan on stage (finally!)
-PS4 install base over 10million units globally SOLD to consumers
-New IP - QGames/SCEE - The Tomorrow Children
-New IP - Runemaster
-New IP - The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
-New IP - Volume - Old School stealth game from the Thomas Was Alone dev - first on PS4/Vita
-New IP - HollowPoint
-DayZ coming to PS4 /Cross Platform with PC?
-New IP Hellblade from Ninja Theory
-New gameplay from RIME - stunning
-Indie Showreel
-Activision CEO on stage - Destiny talk - gamespot - biggest preordered game of all time - MP Trailer - MP modes: skirmish, rumble, salvage, clash, combined arms, control - DLC CONFIRMED for FALL
-Far Cry 4 talk - gameplay trailer - 10 keys for up to 2hrs each for friends to try co-op without the game
-Shadow of Mordor gameplay trailer
-Hideo Kojima on stage
-The Phantom Pain gameplay demo - box gameplay seen at E3 - NEW BOX GAMEPLAY IS LOL
-P.T - Interactive teaser - Live on PSN Store Right Now
-System Software 2.0 talk - upload to youtube - shareplay - invite friends anywhere to play your game - invite co-op or vs FRIENDS DONT NEED TO OWN OR DOWNLOAD THE GAME
-Morpheus talk - no stage demo
-PlayStation Now talk
-PlayStation Now Coming to Europe in 2015 - UK BETA first
-PlayStation Vita TV Europe release - November 4th - €99 - Includes 3 games
-Until Dawn PS4 - gameplay DEMO - Looks great
-Drive Club - dynamic weather demo
-Tearaway coming to PS4 - Unique Dualshock 4 features - not a straight port from Vita - gameplay demo
-NEW IP from Housemarque - Alienation - Looks great
-NEW IP - WILD - Looks intriguing

--STAGE SHOW END--

-EA's show starts at 9am BST (10am CET) on Wednesday 13th August.

-Konami's show is on Wednesday with an hour long Phantom Pain showing.

As usual we will keep you updated on any of the big announcements to come from the show!

Personally I'm hoping to see Gorilla Games rumored RPG, more Bloodborne and hopefully some AAA Vita love!
What are you hoping to see come from this year's show?

Reactions: Foxi4

ResleyZ

Swiggity swaggity swooty, I love my own booty
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'll be going on Sunday with my dad and a friend of mine. Went there last year too, it's pretty fun how there were much more older gamers at the X/Y demo then there were at the demo's of shooters and such. Can't wait to see which games will be showed, and which demo's there'll be. Heard that Magicka 2 will be shown more, so that's one good thing.

darkseekerliu

Advanced Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I just hope Square changes its mind and after 2015 they release Rise of Tomb raider for PC And PS4. For 2015 it will be an exclusive, but I do hope to get it for my ps4. I loved the reboot on my ps3.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm guessing that Rise of the Tomb Raider will probably be a timed exclusive, unless they enjoy shooting themselves in the foot by only releasing the game on what will still probably be the worst selling console of the generation. If not, oh well. We probably just won't see another Tomb Raider game ever again.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing that Rise of the Tomb Raider will probably be a timed exclusive, unless they enjoy shooting themselves in the foot by only releasing the game on what will still probably be the worst selling console of the generation. If not, oh well. We probably just won't see another Tomb Raider game ever again.

I highly doubt the XBone will sell worse than the Wii U :mellow: I mean, it's been < 1 year and it's already on the Wii U's tail, and as others have pointed out, it still hasn't released in ~25 countries (albeit, it's not all that popular in those areas, it's still going to contribute). I would be 100% surprised if the XBone doesn't come in second place this gen.

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no way Square Enix will ignore that PS4/PC money.
If that was the case then they would have ignored the Xbox One and announced both Kingdom Hearts III and Final Fantasy XV exclusively for PS4.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I highly doubt the XBone will sell worse than the Wii U :mellow: I mean, it's been < 1 year and it's already on the Wii U's tail, and as others have pointed out, it still hasn't released in ~25 countries (albeit, it's not all that popular in those areas, it's still going to contribute). I would be 100% surprised if the XBone doesn't come in second place this gen.
Well, it could go either way, really. The Xbox One sales have been moving really, really slowly since the launch hype died down. There are still several years left in the generation though, and all things considered, you're most likely correct.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Only just got in from work, just been reading the umpteen thousand 'FUKK YOU MS!' by the Sony girls online regarding Tomb Raider! Come on the first game wasn't even that good like Guild says..... MS's Uncharted then by the looks of it (Uncharted's fukkin over rated too anyway)
Wouldn't mind knowing how much they paid Squeenix for that...

Best news for me came right at the end though, and isn't even mentioned in the feed on here - Geometry Wars 3!! :D GW2 was, ooh, easily one of my top 10 games of the last gen, and with Bizarre gone I thought that was it, but brought back by members of the team that made the originals? Oh yes I'll have some of that...

Reactions: clarky

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
RoTR will probably be a timed exclusive, because SE.
People are actually mad about not getting RoTR on the PS4 when we're already getting the vastly superior Uncharted 4.

C'mon now people. Tomb Raider was okay at best, it was just bad Uncharted.
This sounds just like Sour Grapes.

D

Deleted User

I bet you that it will finish last behind PS4 and WiiU ya its been out longer but the fanboys give it it's initial push and then sales have steadily declined, while Wii U sales have steadily increased. Xbox1 should of already surpassed Wii U if that was the case but it hasn't and honestly i don't think it will.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I bet you that it will finish last behind PS4 and WiiU ya its been out longer but the fanboys give it it's initial push and then sales have steadily declined, while Wii U sales have steadily increased. Xbox1 should of already surpassed Wii U if that was the case but it hasn't and honestly i don't think it will.
Yeeeah no. I would love to see the sales figures for your "steadily increasing Wii U sales", because it definitely hasn't. System sales are still piss poor, and it's probably going to stay that way in the end game. Smash Bros will boosts sales slightly, Zelda will boost sales slightly, but other than that there's pretty much no way it's going to beat out the XBone. People keep crying about how XYZ Nin10doh title is going to save the Wii U, when it reality it didn't save the GC or the N64 before it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1