Country
United States

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the PS4 can have Cher play? So what? I mean, really, Sony? This is your killer feature? I don't even understand what the appeal is. Why would anyone care if Cher plays?

Pfft, what a joke of a conference. I bet they sure feel dumb now.

But Sony and Cher were a killer act back in the day.

Reactions: frogboy and Gahars

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
Disgaea 4 and Natural Doctrine come to mind, too.

and let's not forget Diva f 2nd and Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus. hopefully Freedom Wars comes this year too.

share play seems interesting but with my shitty inet upload speed on top that none of my friends have or will have a PS4 anytime soon, I'm not too hyped for it right now.
Tearaway PS4 was a complete joke
PS4: hey Vita! do you have any good game, I'm bored.
Vita: sure, take Tearaway.
*hands over Tearaway*
PS4: ohhh it's amazing!! I'll tell daddy Sony to make one for me too.
Vita: but dad never makes the things I want, I even stopped asking.
*minutes later*
PS4: look what I got Vita.
*shows Tearaway PS4*
Vita: fuck you dad!! and fuck you too PS4!!!.:nayps3:

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
i KNEW Rise of the Tomb raider was a timed exclusive. I knew with that "holiday 2015" wording bullshit that it's coming to other consoles. Also the Amazon listing for the other platforms hasn't been taken down (yet again Oblivion for the PSP was a listing for a solid year and a half before disappearing)

Crystal Dynamics also released a press statement why it's on Xbox first and they admitted between the lines they pretty much "sold out" to them and they are MS bitch because MS offered them a shitload of money

Microsoft wants to go toe to toe with Uncharted. It's obvious. So why not buy their contender, even if it's for a limited time right?

darkseekerliu

Advanced Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i KNEW Rise of the Tomb raider was a timed exclusive. I knew with that "holiday 2015" wording bullshit that it's coming to other consoles....
Crystal Dynamics also released a press statement why it's on Xbox first and they admitted between the lines they pretty much "sold out" to them and they are MS bitch because MS offered them a shitload of money

Microsoft wants to go toe to toe with Uncharted. It's obvious. So why not buy their contender, even if it's for a limited time right?

Man It was a relief for me. I intend to buy a Ps4 next year and I wasn't up for buying another system just for playing ROTR....

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Out of curiosity, why wasn't nintendo mentioned in the initial post? smash brothers won the "most wanted consumer award," which should have at least merited a mention by now.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Out of curiosity, why wasn't nintendo mentioned in the initial post? smash brothers won the "most wanted consumer award," which should have at least merited a mention by now.
Because this isn't reporting on the entirety of Gamescom. This focused on the games, and specifically, from those that had major shows, such as Sony and Microsoft. I'm guessing either:
A) Nintendo didn't have a show and simply presented the same old stuff we saw at E3 at smaller stations on the event floor.
Or B) Nintendo just recycled their E3 presentation in a less significant fashion.

Either way, if they had actually brought something new to the table, it would have been noted here. Clearly, they did not.

Reactions: osaka35 and Gahars

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Because this isn't reporting on the entirety of Gamescom. This focused on the games, and specifically, from those that had major shows, such as Sony and Microsoft. I'm guessing either:
A) Nintendo didn't have a show and simply presented the same old stuff we saw at E3 at smaller stations on the event floor.
Or B) Nintendo just recycled their E3 presentation in a less significant fashion.

Either way, if they had actually brought something new to the table, it would have been noted here. Clearly, they did not.

Pretty much this. This thread was for coverage on the live events at Gamescom, not for the entirety of the event.

Sony and Microsoft had their live events, Nintendo had none. Winning some "most wanted" award isn't newsworthy, there's no point in bumping a thread with some irrelevant popularity contest.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are people excited about a Kojima horror game? He has no experience with the genre and has only done Metal Gear and Zone of Enders.

Other than you got Guillermo del Toro who has done horror stuff at least but is not a game director and... Norman Reedus? Because he needs to ride that Walking Dead train until it dies.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are people excited about a Kojima horror game? He has no experience with the genre and has only done Metal Gear and Zone of Enders.

Other than you got Guillermo del Toro who has done horror stuff at least but is not a game director and... Norman Reedus? Because he needs to ride that Walking Dead train until it dies.
I assume it's the excitement of Kojima and his worth in storytelling, coupled with Del Toro and his apt for horror. Basically we can expect a really cinematic Horror movie with about 20 minutes of gameplay.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty much this. This thread was for coverage on the live events at Gamescom, not for the entirety of the event.

Sony and Microsoft had their live events, Nintendo had none. Winning some "most wanted" award isn't newsworthy, there's no point in bumping a thread with some irrelevant popularity contest.

If you'll notice, I was asking a question out of curiosity. You were good up until your snide last sentence there. There's no need to be so rude.

I'm not sure myself. I'm guessing that it's a chance that the Silent Hill franchise might become something more than just the generic monster-shooting game it's become. I'm not really expecting it to get back to silent hill 2 quality, but I'm hoping it'll come back to at least silent hill 4 quality. That's just me being hopeful though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well I believe I'm about to get hit with a spring sinus infuction
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Shame it wasn't Facebook that paused them
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Shame it wasn't Facebook that paused them