Hacking Game's will not save right

eliwood440

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My EDGE has been doing this for a while now, some games just will not save, like they'll just be stuck at the save screen,
with things still moving in the background sometimes, anyone else ever had this problem?

bejiman

Trophies
XP
Country
Nope, not me. Are you using the latest firmware? What games are you having trouble with? Maybe you should reformat your card.

eliwood440

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using 2.1, and I format it every month.

The games Im having trouble with are mostly RPG's, more specifically Pokemon games, Final Fantasy, and most any game where its wise to save repeatedly.

spangus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There is a limit to the number of roms you can add using the Edge card, and then it stops displaying any new ones in the menu screen. Total guess and probably not right but could there also be a limit to the number of saves you can have on the SD card? Like I said that's probably total crap.

Anyway, does it do it every time you save? If you delete the .sav file and then try saving a new game does it work and then not work the next time you try to save or is it every time you do it? It's not something really simple like the SD card is full without you realizing?

What you could try is see if you have another SD card, maybe in your phone or somewhere, and back it up and try that, just to see if it will work on that. If it does it's probably a problem with your current SD card. I have to say when I had problems with an old SD card the games just froze up, they didn't carry on moving in the background, so it's a bit of a weird problem.

Sorry if these ideas are a bit obvious.

Kadano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have the same problem, OP. It happens to me pretty often and seems random, although I think that it's more likely if I've been playing without saving for a long time.

I only play RPGs, and it happened to me with 3 different versions of EDGE DS on a DS Lite.
I think it's probably a SD-card issue, but it would be really great if someone who has knowledge about this could clear this up.

EDIT: 8 GB Sandisk, full format just a few days ago, only ~ 6 games, all in /GAMES/ folder.

vandawn

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
first time i heard of it
well i am using a 4gb memory
on the other hand i have maxed out the capacity of the memory
but i could save just fine
dunno maybe your memory doesnt have enough space to create a new save file

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum