Gaming Games likely to come to 3DS

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Guild McCommunist said:
Those are all obvious outside of GTA, which I would bet money it won't. After Chinatown Wars flopped at retail, they probably won't be visiting a Nintendo console, let alone a handheld, anytime soon for a GTA game. Wait for the PSP2 and you'll see some significant GTA titles probably.
I don`t know why you thing CW flopped on DS. I think to sell 1 million games is quite an accomplishment. I know it is not much in comparison to other GTA-games but as far as I can see that might not be the DS-demographics fault... According to VGCharts GTA:CW sold the following (with aggregated third- and tenth-weeks sales to have a temporal comparison):

-NDS-Version: 1,047,768 (268,388 in the first three and 539,185 in the first ten weeks)
-PSP-Version: 501,850 (65,828 in the first three and 286,864 in the first ten weeks)

Now if we look at the sales of the other two GTA-games on PSP (LCS: 6,115,097 and VCS: 3,752,300) you can clearly see, that CW did even worse on PSP, even though you can see that the other two GTA games were quite popular! So I assume the overall relative failure of CW could be either because nowadays top-down-GTA-games are not as popular as GTAIII-style-games (most likely IMO!) or because it was not exclusive to the PSP and that`s why it didn`t sell on that system (people might have bought it for DS-version beforehand - don`t think it has mattered much though, since there are still at least approx. 2,500,000 Million (3,7Mio-1Mio-5T) people who didn`t buy CW for either DS or PSP!!).

So I`m not quite sure if CW, particularly on DS, can really be called a flop. If you ask me clearly not!

(actually I don`t know how reliable VGCharts is but other numbers of games I do know their sales were exactly according to what I know so I think they are reliable...)

On Topic: I would love to see a Remake of Metroid II: RoS, since it has so much potential as a game put the gameboys hardware just couldn`t deliver it completely. With enhancements (graphically and gameplay-wise) similar to maybe ZeroMission this game could shine like it could have on NES. I would love to see it actually happen in 3D with all new graphics
yaynds.gif

ryan90

Trophies
XP
Country
i didn't like the top-down style of Chinatown wars, it worked great on ps1 but it really isn't needed on the psp, the 3rd game kinda felt like a downgrade from the other two, VCS is the best psp gta imo

Parablank

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Infinite Zero said:
Guild McCommunist said:
Those are all obvious outside of GTA, which I would bet money it won't. After Chinatown Wars flopped at retail, they probably won't be visiting a Nintendo console, let alone a handheld, anytime soon for a GTA game. Wait for the PSP2 and you'll see some significant GTA titles probably.

As for Ace Attorney, I never saw why people cared, I thought all the games were boring as sin.
It's just you. I love them!
wub.gif
Exactly.

They were the best games I've ever played, on a DS.

wub.gif

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
ryan90 said:
i didn't like the top-down style of Chinatown wars, it worked great on ps1 but it really isn't needed on the psp, the 3rd game kinda felt like a downgrade from the other two, VCS is the best psp gta imo
You do know that you posted this in the 3DS section, don't you? We're not talking about PSP games here.

Yes, I know Chinatown Wars got ported to the PSP but it was on the DS first.

Fabis94

Xbawx playa
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
Neko said:
My predictions :

Ace Attorney Game (either a Phoenix Wright one or an apollo justice on but Apollo is much more likely)
Pokemon.
GTA.

As for Ace Attorney, I never saw why people cared, I thought all the games were boring as sin.

It didn't sell because of the look of it + hardcore gamers that play GTA in general don't own a DS. So they obviously wont buy one only to play a GTA game that "looks like GTA2" (in their opinions obviously).

If they make this one look like an actual GTA game + hype it up showing how hardcore and badass it is, then the sales will be better. Also core gamers have better opinions on the 3DS than on the DS, so obviously more will buy the 3DS.

QUOTE(westarrr @ Jul 2 2010, 06:35 PM)
nice.. Cabela's

I hope a other FFTA please gimme
bow.gif

I hope the graphics would be stunning...
DS really lacks them right now

It's funny how in that Halo 3DS topic you said you would skip it because it has good graphics, and now you ask for more games with stunning graphics.

Alex221

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
final fantasy VII please
Super Smash Bros.
Pokemon Stadium Type Of Game
Naruto Shippuden Game
Dragon Ball Z Game
Or Maybe A Different Final Fantasy

metamaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It would be very disapointing if a super smash bros game didn't come out for the 3DS. I mean one of Nintendo's biggest mistakes.

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
metamaster said:
FffffffIt would be very disapointing if a super smash bros game didn't come out for the 3DS. I mean one of Nintendo's biggest mistakes.
Meh. It would be cool, but I think its better suited to home consoles just because of screen size, yknow?

DunkrWunkah

GBAtemp's Official Dunkr
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ENDLESS POSSIBILITIES

The Games announced are already pretty big names, and should keep us busy for a bit.

On another note, do you guys think that gamefly will rent out 3DS games on launch date? That would kick ass.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte