Hacking GamePad to PC Controller [RELEASE/TUTORIAL]

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
yeah but if he's manageing to browse to his IP on the wiiu it would suggest the apache server is running ok , mine wouldnt run initially as skype was hogging 443 so i tweaked that.

nuttyriv3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah but if he's manageing to browse to his IP on the wiiu it would suggest the apache server is running ok , mine wouldnt run initially as skype was hogging 443 so i tweaked that.
Ah, yeah...I had to do that too. Thanks for the reminder. It wasn't directed at anybody specific. Just threw a plop of info for anyone that stumbles across this thread.

HtheB

Trophies
Website
www.HtheB.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
you have correctly edited pc.html and are running it from the correct location ?
Again, there is nothing to edit on my pc.html

It's just localhost, why would I have to change that again to the IP number?
Then again, I did change it... and the outcome is still the same. I can see the numbers when pushing the buttons on my gamepad, but nothing happens on my laptop (where the server itself is running)

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
step 2 from the OP :

2) Open index.html in your favorite editor and change the IP address pointing to now.js to your PC's local IP address (ie.http://192.168.2.1:8080/nowjs/now.js). The port (although you can change it if you please, within server.js) will remain 8080, and the path to now.js will remain constant as well.

basically set the IP in the pc.html file to your PCs local IP .
Then browse to your server address/<folder you stored the application> on the WiiU

Reactions: HtheB

vashgs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having the same problem. Aftering spending an hour or so just figuring out how to establish the correct http port scheme for apache and this app..It appeared everything was fine on the PC (capturing hotkeys) and the server (Gamepad showing number codes for button presses), but when I tried to test it out with say Dolphin or Steam, or just to move the cursor around in notepad...nothing happened. So if there is any enlightenment out there...because I'm feeling a bit 'tarded.

Both Dolphin and most Steam games require DirectInput be activated.

HtheB

Trophies
Website
www.HtheB.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
step 2 from the OP :

2) Open index.html in your favorite editor and change the IP address pointing to now.js to your PC's local IP address (ie.http://192.168.2.1:8080/nowjs/now.js). The port (although you can change it if you please, within server.js) will remain 8080, and the path to now.js will remain constant as well.
1334312889.gif

I should really read more carefully...
(seriously, why did I only check "pc.html"?)

Thanks for pointing this out, It's working now!

Seth A Drekin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm able to connect with the game pad, but none of the set keystrokes seem to be working pc side. No firewall enabled, server seems to be running correctly otherwise (I'm able to connect with the gamepad) I'm just getting no response from button presses. Tried setting different keys/buttons no response in Windows or VBA.

I was having this problem when I first tried to run the server. Sadly, the solution was so simple I never even considered it. Spent about four hours poking around and thinking I made some tiny mistake somewhere..

I did not have Java installed on my Laptop. Just upgraded to Windows 8. Installing Java fixed the problem.

Plunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@Seth...
I have the latest java installed still no luck... I'll try this again later after a few more updates... My 360 controller will suffice for now for emulated keys/mouse... Just was looking forward to the wireless aspect of this.

RPG Hacker

Trophies
Website
rpg-hacker.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
That is hard to imagine for me. :/
Basically it's streaming the input like this:
Wii U Gamepad > Wii U Console > Router > Internet > PC
I'd guess that at least when playing games that require precise timing you'd notice something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Crowbar?