Hardware Gamepad issue - Net constantly appearing playing FIFA 13

gcunit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you've played FIFA 13 then you'll probably know that, once you're in the opposition's half of the field, if you shake the gamepad, or if you press the Right Stick button, then a net appears across the whole gamepad screen, which you can then touch to aim a shot at goal.

Well, I play FIFA 13 alot, so I know what's normal and what's not. Yesterday, without any obvious event causing it, everytime I have the ball in the opposition's half the net appears immediately, and doesn't go away unless I touch it, but then it comes back as soon as I've got the ball again.

It's as if the gyro or the Right Stick button switch has developed a fault. I use the gamepad for offscreen play all the time, so this is a significant issue for me.

Anyone else experienced something like this with the gamepad?

Anything I can do other than send it to Nintendo for repair?

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried another game to see if the gyroscopic control is messed up there? That's where I'd start, to try and figure out if it's the pad or something else.

gcunit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Terribly rude of me not to reply until now, sorry Old Bean.

Having looked a bit more closely at things I don't think it's the gyroscope. I think it's the Right thumbstick button switch. There's about 2mm vertical movement in it. It still has an audible click when you push down, as if it were working normally. But once it's been pushed down you can then pull the whole thing up about 2mm. the left thumbstick does not do this.

Annoyingly I can't see any way around this without voiding the warranty so I reckon I need to return it to Nintendo for fixing :(

Quick Google suggests there are many reports of thumbstick trouble on the Gamepad. Oh dear, Nintendo...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Real Jdbye yeah those are great too