GameMaker Studio (help???)

BlueFox gui

SOMEONE
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So, i downloaded game maker studio with crack because i don't have money to buy it XD, and doing some tests the Steam app opens alone and started to download game maker as if i had bought it, i turn off the WI FI at after finish the download, and the app is working fine but, can i get in any trouble with that?

TehCupcakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pirating software always has an inherent risk. Aside from that, I don't think GM:S (a product which I personally own) is any different from your average program. If you have an online connection, there is always the chance of the program sending information back to Yoyogames and potentially revealing your IP and that you are using a cracked version. However, there's not much they can really do about it, as GM:S can be used entirely offline, it's not like they can ban you (unless you also have a legitimate YYG account, but that still wouldn't stop you from using the cracked copy.)

So to put it simply, no, there's nothing specific about GM:S to "get in trouble" with... However, piracy is illegal in most countries and has legal ramifications if you ever give a company reason to pursue you. (E.g. Heavily profiting off of pirated software.) Therefore, I certainly wouldn't recommend selling a game without paying for a legitimate license, but using it for your own evaluation probably won't raise any flags.

This does not an endorsement. Just an FYI.

Reactions: gnmmarechal

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those game making programs are some of the most pirated there are (because of the ridiculous price).

That being said, these companies aren't known to have a very long legal arm. I've never heard of them going after anyone (especially in Brazil).

But, did you say it's actually installing from Steam's servers?

the Steam app opens alone and started to download game maker as if i had bought it

If Steam can detect that, I'm sure they would be upset about it.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
If Steam can detect that, I'm sure they would be upset about it.
Nah. Circumventing Steam with memory patches has been a thing for a decade or so (see Green Luma, Pacsteam, etc.). They just download the content from their CDN but don't give you a proper license to use the software, so it still has to be cracked (or you have to play on cracked servers).

Last edited by Joom,
Reactions: x65943

AlanJohn

くたばれ
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
oh thanks now i'm relieved XD
but i have the professional files from the cracked version, it possible to just put the files of professional version on the free version?
As somebody who has bought the professional version, I see no reason to get it, not to mention going through the hassle of making a frankenstein monster out of a legitimate and pirated version. I don't think you can even do that.
I'd rather pirate Studio 2 whenever that comes out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night