Anxious and regretful
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
We just got information from Eurogamer, as well as a few other sources, that the Switch will support Virtual Console, and GameCube will be featured alongside the platforms. Four games may make it to the Switch not only for the first time on the Switch VC, but as a welcome to the Virtual Console as a whole, as we haven't seen any GameCube games on Wii U. Those four games are Super Mario Sunshine, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Animal Crossing, and Luigi's Mansion.

We have also heard that NERD (Nintendo European Research and Development) is engineering the Switch VC. This is NERD we're talking about, the same studio behind the DS Virtual Console on Wii U, as well as the NES Classic Edition (or NES Mini). We may also get support for the Wii U's GameCube controller adapter, although we are not sure as of yet.
Eurogamer said:
Impressively, we've heard that support for these games is currently in Animal Crossing's Virtual Console build and working. So, if all goes to plan, you would be able to be play an emulated NES game within an emulated GameCube game on your Switch on the bus.
Conclusion is, if this GameCube VC rumor is true, then I'll be so hyped for it. :yayswitch:
What do you think?

Sources:

Last edited by CatmanFan,

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
They weren't even confirmed or mentioned as of yet. We only got Pokémon Red, Blue and Yellow on the 3DS, but Gen 2 and Gen 3 is still yet to be announced.

I mean if there is speculation for GameCube VC on it, then maybe? I mean, off topic in a sense but there is VC injects you can use, unofficial but still there.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, well, interested.
Hell Nintendo, stop making me want to buy the same thing yet again!
But I would buy Path of Radiance again, yep, probably.... yep.
And every Metroid Prime... Oh, not again, I already re-bought Trilogy on the Wii U... Well, whatever...

79af6b3bc5b23131ace1d835c402fa444ebd7cfc574c6b040665280337e74d7e.jpg

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
Well, well, interested.
Hell Nintendo, stop making me want to buy the same thing yet again!
But I would buy Path of Radiance again, yep, probably.... yep.
And every Metroid Prime... Oh, not again, I already re-bought Trilogy on the Wii U... Well, whatever...

79af6b3bc5b23131ace1d835c402fa444ebd7cfc574c6b040665280337e74d7e.jpg

Basically me with the Pokemon franchise xD

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I remember when they said Gamecube VC was coming to the WiiU.
Why should we trust them now?
Member when they promised they were going to grant third party support with the Wii U?
Member when a Nintendo consoles had third party support? Member Chewbacca? (well, it is approximately from the same era)

Trusting Nintendo is an act of blind faith.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,
Reactions: 8BitWonder

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
The Switch could possibly have every single Nintendo Console while still being on the go. After all these years, we may finally get our Gamecube portable.

Or should we say official GameCube hybrid system.

Holy crap, if this is true and GameCube is being emulated up to Nintendo's standards, that means BIG things for the capability of the device!

I know, right? Also, it's a rumor, but it's very likely to happen in the future.

- Now this would be the console to hack... the potential is real....

I can't believe people are talking about hacking the Switch, even before it was released and people had the potential to hack it!

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

DeoNaught

I'm here to steal memes and break dreams
Trophies
Website
Gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum