Gaming Gamecube on Wii best video quality NTSC or PAL games?

g12345567

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Have a softmoded PAL GameCube backwards Wii console and never actually played any GameCube games on until recently as I just got a new GameCube controller.

Read many threads on the topic but never really got a definitive answer.

On my 32" Full HD TV I can play both PAL and NTSC games on my console.
For the same game titles which would be better video quality. The PAL or NTSC title?

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I am from a PAL region too, and let me say to you that, if you want to compare PAL60 to NTSC, most games look better with their NTSC version.

Some games have horrible PAL conversions. One big example I can give is Sonic Heroes. It's PAL version has some framerate drops and ugly interlacing issues. Now the NTSC (With 480P) looks sharp, nice and the framerate stays at 60, no drops. It's just plain better all around, and if you force it to be widescreen (Through Nintendont) it's even better. Still, even this bad PAL conversion is better than the PS2 port, lol.

Of course, not every PAL version of a game is worse. It's a game by game case, I'm afraid. Then you have the problem of games that only run at PAL50. Those will play around 16% slower than the NTSC games, and it's a biiig difference once you find out.

That said,thanks to Nintendont you can force some PAL games to play in 480P; and most of the time they look much better than in Pal60. I remember games like Chibi-Robo or Path of Radiance looking the same as the NTSC with the added bonus of the PAL languages.

My recommendation would be that you went for the NTSC version of a game to avoid bad conversions or "only PAL50" issues, and only go for PAL games for the languages or something extra (Like Luigi's Mansion much better Hidden Mansion mode).

You can always look at this list to see which games can be forced to 480P to look better:
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Nintendont_Compatibility_List

Sorry for not giving you a clear definite answer, it's not that simple...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2