GCN Gamecube HDMI mod apparently close to completion

Drud1995

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been following this modder on Twitter for a while now, and he seems pretty close to an hdmi mod for the Gamecube, currently in the beta testing stage. If any of you are interested, below is a link to his game site and twitter feeds. We are finally almost free from the cutthroat eBay prices on component cables!

http://www.badassconsoles.com/

https://twitter.com/badassconsoles

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Reactions: Margen67

Drud1995

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The point is to be able to get fantastic picture quality on the original Gamecube hardware. The original Wii has a somewhat inferior picture to that of the Gamecube and you cannot use your original Gamecube games or the Gameboy Player with Nintendont on the Wii U.

Wantija

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How about a wii with a hdmi adapter?

It just seems like a lot of work for very little pay off.

Wii doesn't naitively support HDMI, the adapter just converts the Wii's analog signal to digital. Gamecube actually supports digital video so via modding it can support HDMI since it's a digital signal.

Reactions: cearp

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
BAC is big in the portable GC scene.
This is big news for his market, and would open up the ease of integrating different types of displays for PGCs.

Drud1995

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How different is your mod in comparison to the one that the Badass Consoles guy is doing? I know he also plans to do a mod free plug 'n' play hdmi adapter that plugs into the digital out port within a year, besides a modding version coming out soon.

andre104623

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How different is your mod in comparison to the one that the Badass Consoles guy is doing? I know he also plans to do a mod free plug 'n' play hdmi adapter that plugs into the digital out port within a year, besides a modding version coming out soon.
His mods are way way better, easier, and solder-free (later down the road). I make these boards for hobby some people can't make the boards but can solder so I make a small run of 9 boards and sell a few. Badassconsoles makes a great product I buy them as well I have many megadrive boards all work great never had any problems besides for ones I caused. You should wait for his version but some people like myself didn't want to wait:D

I will buy his HDMI version when it comes out I'm very eager to say good bye to these horrible wires that I hate so much and the Shuriken video V2 needs 21 wires to be installed into the gamecube its crazy
20150925_133111.jpg

Last edited by andre104623,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c