Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
no shit. and sf5 is the best game for casuals, isn't it? still supported by capcom
i don't say they need to make their new entry of the series just melee. they need to release it alongside a new smash.
and just lately melee players have been discussing memory card mods to make inconsistent techniques on most of the controllers out there, consistent on all of the controllers. melee starts to change, and if nintendo actually listen to the fans once, they can do the same like capcom imo
im from the melee community so i know the shit im talking about. TODAY, the 20XXTE mod programmer released a new mem card mod and will be used in the next major, shine 2017, in all setups.
But even if they tried, it'd never be right lol. The Melee community would never be happy. And am I reading it wrong, or are you saying Street Fighter 5 is something Nintendo should aspire towards?

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Horrible idea. Melee purists will want the pure game experience, and even then I doubt they'd even bother with a Switch VC version, since it'll never be the original Melee.
I just can't get behind a Melee HD or Melee VC. Really, unless you were playing it competitively, it wasn't all that great a game. While Brawl was horrible for competitive play, it clearly outshines Melee as a casual experience, and Smash 4 is the better game to introduce new fans to the series. It just doesn't have a place in my opinion.
Even for a casual experience Brawl was slow and clunky.

Sm4sh 4k when?

Last edited by Kioku,

LaPingas

let's go mangoooooo
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
But even if they tried, it'd never be right lol. The Melee community would never be happy. And am I reading it wrong, or are you saying Street Fighter 5 is something Nintendo should aspire towards?
they actually can be. all of the ANGERY shit is just memes lmao. just make input lag as low as possible and dont change the game in stupid ways and it can actually be golden to get rid of crt tvs
and yup, nintendo should make something like capcom's relationship with the sf5 scene while making a new-school smash game which they'll also support

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Even for a casual experience it was slow and clunky.
Credit where it's due, the events were cool. And sure Adventure Mode was nice. But Brawl genuinely improved both of those to the point where it's the better game for casuals with no exception. I respect Melee players, but man I cannot in my right mind call Melee a good game.
they actually can be. all of the ANGERY shit is just memes lmao. just make input lag as low as possible and dont change the game in stupid ways and it can actually be golden to get rid of crt tvs
and yup, nintendo should make something like capcom's relationship with the sf5 scene while making a new-school smash game which they'll also support
Erm... I'm not sure if you were informed... But like... SF5 is not a very good game. At all. No company should aspire to a game like that, especially with how it launched.

mrjc1238

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These are 100% the ONLY GC virtual console games we're gonna get, solely because they are without a doubt the best games of all time

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Credit where it's due, the events were cool. And sure Adventure Mode was nice. But Brawl genuinely improved both of those to the point where it's the better game for casuals with no exception. I respect Melee players, but man I cannot in my right mind call Melee a good game.

Erm... I'm not sure if you were informed... But like... SF5 is not a very good game. At all. No company should aspire to a game like that, especially with how it launched.
Its strictly a fighting game. I can't rate it on story/adventure or the events section. I see it as a pick up fighting game for you and your friends. Adventure was.. Alright in Brawl.. And I guess if you use that standard? Yeah, it was better for casuals than melee. The way the game played though? I can't say that. Sm4sh on the other hand? Absolutely.

Reactions: Scarlet

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Melee is too fast (the animations were too fast and floaty). Brawl had that stupid-arse tripping mechanic and felt too slow.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Make the input lag low? I don't think Nintendo can actually make the Switch's connection to the TV low input, since no matter what, it's gonna be HDMI (not component) and even if it's on a Switch screen...which would make tourneys ridiculous, (still not a CRT) I still think hardcores are going to be completely thrown off by any change like that, because it won't be 100% like the original.

LaPingas

let's go mangoooooo
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel

did i actually say it's a good game? dont feed me with words. i say it has a good support from capcom and they are doing a really good job with the competitive community except for the part of the game itself. many ppl (plus me) prefer sf4.
didn't i clearly said that nintendo should keep both melee old school smash game AND new school smash 5/whatever for both competitive and casuals. i don't say "fuck casuals go back to brawl or whatever". i say let both styles of gameplay live, under nintendo's support.
like, see how melee fans keeping things up BY THEMSELVES? if nintendo would go in there, it'll be awesome for all sides.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Its strictly a fighting game. I can't rate it on story/adventure or the events section. I see it as a pick up fighting game for you and your friends. Adventure was.. Alright in Brawl.. And I guess if you use that standard? Yeah, it was better for casuals than melee. The way the game played though? I can't say that. Sm4sh on the other hand? Absolutely.
Brawl feels like the Windows Vista of Smash. Melee is XP that everybody stands by despite it not being all that great, and Smash 4 is Windows 7, which used things that Vista introduced but removed all the jank. I think that's the best analogy lol

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Brawl feels like the Windows Vista of Smash. Melee is XP that everybody stands by despite it not being all that great, and Smash 4 is Windows 7, which used things that Vista introduced but removed all the jank. I think that's the best analogy lol
That's actually perfect. Ha!

Reactions: Scarlet

LaPingas

let's go mangoooooo
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Make the input lag low? I don't think Nintendo can actually make the Switch's connection to the TV low input, since no matter what, it's gonna be HDMI (not component) and even if it's on a Switch screen...which would make tourneys ridiculous, (still not a CRT) I still think hardcores are going to be completely thrown off by any change like that, because it won't be 100% like the original.
low lag monitors exist :) some ppl actually think we should move on to those monitors aka benq.
and i really think that even if it will have a bit more lag, an offer for full support from nintendo is too big to reject

Reactions: Kioku

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
low lag monitors exist :) some ppl actually think we should move on to those monitors aka benq.
and i really think that even if it will have a bit more lag, an offer for full support from nintendo is too big to reject
Not sure why people ignore monitors as viable gaming screens.

Reactions: StarTrekVoyager

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Competitive melee is garbage. It's just a broken exploited mess and it looks like trash to watch.
Melee is just for a casual fight here and there, it's pretty fun. I've spent probably over 3000 hours on melee, mostly during my highschool years. Competitively, it has NOT aged well. Smash 4 is the definitive version right now. Brawl is...uh. Yeah. We don't talk about Brawl.

Melee players need to move on to the definitive version and stop pretending competitive melee is a legit thing anymore.

LaPingas

let's go mangoooooo
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Not sure why people ignore monitors as viable gaming screens.
idk, tho i don't see real hate for those. crt is just the best solution out there now, u know we are still talking about a nintendo gamecube/wii setup

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Competitive melee is garbage. It's just a broken exploited mess and it looks like trash to watch.
Melee is just for a casual fight here and there, it's pretty fun. I've spent probably over 3000 hours on melee, mostly during my highschool years. Competitively, it has NOT aged well. Smash 4 is the definitive version right now. Brawl is...uh. Yeah. We don't talk about Brawl.
blind hater of melee. what if we wouldn't have those :/

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
idk, tho i don't see real hate for those. crt is just the best solution out there now, u know we are still talking about a nintendo gamecube/wii setup

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah, I need to find a crt screen that doesn't have a high pitched noise when I turn it on.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

"I've spent probably over 3000 hours on melee, "
no ya bro totes hate it bro

No rebuttal or argument, just "haters gonna hate"
Oh you delusional melee fanchild, sweet summer child one day you'll understand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: If you want a good system to port it to, at least have a good programmer and knowledge.