Hacking Gamecube Controller on vWii Games

pokemoner2500

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I know Nintendont supports the Gamecube Adapter but that's only for GC games, I want to play a Wii game with the adapter, do any of the current loaders support that?

MartU

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
20170225_013911_HDR_zpsmowxdldu.jpg

Buy this. Connects to your Wiimote.

MartU

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well I am glad at least Nintendont use the Gamecube Controller Adapter otherwise it would just be SSMB on WiiU that I'd bought it for lmao

VitaType

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah I thought of that but it's not currently something I'd like to buy atm, I can just play with a wiimote, I had just hoped there was a way to use the GCC.
What you search for is a GameCube to WiiMote adapter this one lets you use your GameCube controller as Wii Classic Controller, Wii Classic Controller Pro and even as Wii U Pro controller. Abit expensive and there're also some that get attached to the WiiMote without any further wire similar to the Wii Motion Plus Attachment, but they normaly have less features.
Software wise there is no way atm (and most probably there will be never one).

Last edited by VitaType,

TheNerdWIzard

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What you search for is a GameCube to WiiMote adapter this one lets you use your GameCube controller as Wii Classic Controller, Wii Classic Controller Pro and even as Wii U Pro controller. Abit expensive and there're also some that get attached to the WiiMote without any further wire similar to the Wii Motion Plus Attachment, but they normaly have less features.
Software wise there is no way atm (and most probably there will be never one).
This is a better deal https://www.amazon.com/Mayflash-Gam...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=34SYYBT7TVQ9VVCBB42B It's a cheaper and a smaller version. It's a two pack.

D

Deleted User

Well... currently the reason we don't have any true information about this is not just because we don't understand the differences fully from vwii and wii ioses. which complicates things. And to make things even more complicated. We may need to reverse engineer cafe2wii which is responsible for wiiu booting into vwii mode. If we understood all these. Then we very well could/possibly (NOT CONFIRMING) that we can get gamecube adapter to work in vwii games and possibly the wiiu gamepad. as nintendo already gave support to some vwii games with gamepad. HOWEVER don't be confused by this. The gamepad is a slighlty different story as it is emulating as a classic controller. Which clearly the gamecube controller should or needs to act as.... well a gamecube controller.

Things we need to do.
  1. reverse engineer cafe2wii. Get some sort of custom build of it so we can log or figure out what is going on vwii
  2. figure out how to get the gamepad to act as a gamecube controller. (allow me to explain. If we can get this possible then theoretically speaking all games such as mk or smash, would work properly with the adapter)
  3. figure out how to get usb controllers to work outside of homebrew.
  4. profit.

Course, what is unfourtante is most people in the homebrew scene have... SWITCHED to the other side. So most people with more than capable know how are gone. I'm currently looking into getting gamepad support with vwii. NOTE: I'M NOT EXPERIENCED. so please do not expect that this will come into fruition by me. We all know what happened to the 3ds scene when a person mentioned n64 emulation. But like I said I am looking into it.

Just don't expect to come out. and IF it does come out. we can all rejoice.

Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
It doesn't work for the same reason it doesn't work on the original Wii - each game has its own set of drivers that talk to the hardware, which means to fool those drivers we need to modify each game individually. The absolute best we could manage is a cIOS that spoofs a Wiimote or something, though I don't know how that all works on the backend so that may not be a thing either. We can't just patch things in like you can on the Wii U, unfortunately.

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended