Hardware Gamecube controller confusion

Aussielad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So ì would like to be able to play gamecube back ups from an external drive on my wii u, and i understand you need a gamecube controller and a device that you plug the cable into which would connect to the wii u via usb. I dont want second hand controllers or the cheap knock offs on ebay because i assume they will break easy. When i was in my local gamestore they had what looked like genuine GC controllers for the wii u, but the picture on the back of the box appears to show connecting the gamecube cable directly into a wiimote. My question is will that still work with homebrew GC backups, or would it only be useful for wii/wii u games that support GC controllers. Thanks

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
assume the GC to wii controllers behave and are compatible the same way the classic/classic pro is compatible
...AKA, no analog triggers.

Honestly? You might be best suited getting a genuine Smash Edition Gamecube controller from Amazon or somewhere. I haven't really been able to find a decent quality cheaper option.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the following controllers...

7194xD-41PL._SX425_.jpg
41TtGP%2BFGoL.jpg

They work perfectly fine with Nintendont and GameCube backups. the only thing that sucks is the lack of Analog Triggers and built in rumble. With that said, you can simply use the Wii Remote's rumble and tie the remote to your controller. I love my PDP fight pads and hope Nintendo keeps these suckers around for at lease another Nintendo generation!

Reactions: Sick Wario

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night