OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.reddit.com
XP
Country
United States
So if you dont know there is an adapter for the wii and wiiu that allows you to use a gamecube controller in place of a classic controller. This adapter plugs into the wiimote. Its by mayflash. Anybody have any issues whule using it with nintendont. I want to play project m brawl and other wii games and it would be easier if i just buy one adapter. Im not worried about lag since its the same (can you confirm?). Sorry for seeming illiterate im typing fast
b43396c4aeebd162608ed6067e411509.jpg

Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Tapatalk

Last edited by 5DollaShawarma,

river58

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if you dont know there is an adapter for the wii and wiiu that allows you to use a gamecube controller in place of a classic controller. This adapter plugs into the wiimote. Its by mayflash. Anybody have any issues whule using it with nintendont. I want to play project m brawl and other wii games with the gamecube and it would be easier if i just buy one adapter. Im not worried about lag since its the same (can you confirm?). Sorry for seeming illiterate im typing fast

I've used it with nintendont and it had no problems that I can tell but i don't really care about lag or anything.

ElectroJo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im talkimg about the one that connects to the wii mote

According to the Nintendont sticky, this mayflash adapter works with Nintendont
http://www.mayflash.com/Products/NINTENDOWiiU/W007.html

And on that page it notes that the one you showed is the newer version http://www.mayflash.com/Products/NINTENDOWiiGC/W0142.html

So I would assume so, but I'm not certain

EDIT: forgot to add that this basically uses the GameCube controller as if it was a classic controller, and my classic controller doesn't lag so I would assume this wouldn't either.

Sorry for just giving guesses, figured some links showing it was probably supported would be better than nothing, in case nobody who owns one can respond

Last edited by ElectroJo,

5DollaShawarma

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.reddit.com
XP
Country
United States
According to the Nintendont sticky, this mayflash adapter works with Nintendont
http://www.mayflash.com/Products/NINTENDOWiiU/W007.html

And on that page it notes that the one you showed is the newer version http://www.mayflash.com/Products/NINTENDOWiiGC/W0142.html

So I would assume so, but I'm not certain

EDIT: forgot to add that this basically uses the GameCube controller as if it was a classic controller, and my classic controller doesn't lag so I would assume this wouldn't either.

Sorry for just giving guesses, figured some links showing it was probably supported would be better than nothing, in case nobody who owns one can respond
Thank you anyways

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So if you dont know there is an adapter for the wii and wiiu that allows you to use a gamecube controller in place of a classic controller. This adapter plugs into the wiimote. Its by mayflash. Anybody have any issues whule using it with nintendont. I want to play project m brawl and other wii games and it would be easier if i just buy one adapter. Im not worried about lag since its the same (can you confirm?). Sorry for seeming illiterate im typing fast
b43396c4aeebd162608ed6067e411509.jpg

I wouldn't recommend that for Nintendont for several reasons:
  • CC lacks rumble
  • CC lacks pressure-sensitive buttons
  • the ZL button is on the adapter itself, and you may need to use that to emulate the analogue L button
  • the Z button (GC) is assigned to - (CC) in Nintendont, and I'm not sure how this adapter emulates that
Just get an official (or clone) Nintendo GameCube adapter for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U if you want to use Nintendont.

If you want to play Super Smash Bros. Brawl though, you WILL need that GC→CC adapter, but you can still play Melee with the SSB4 adapter.

Last edited by nastys,
Reactions: Badziew

kagamutora

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • CC lacks rumble
  • the ZL button is on the adapter itself, and you may need to use that to emulate the analogue L button
  • the Z button (GC) is assigned to - (CC) in Nintendont, and I'm not sure how this adapter emulates that
Just get an official (or clone) Nintendo GameCube adapter for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U if you want to use Nintendont.

If you want to play Super Smash Bros. Brawl though, you WILL need that GC→CC adapter, but you can still play Melee with the SSB4 adapter.

Is there a way to use the smash adapter and a external hard drive at the same time? It seems that you can only have one or the other plugged into the back of the wii u and for obvious reasons i need the back usb ports for my external hard drive but i want to use my off brand adapter as well. I tried plugging the adapter using the front usb ports but they do not work just looking for a workaround here...

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is there a way to use the smash adapter and a external hard drive at the same time? It seems that you can only have one or the other plugged into the back of the wii u and for obvious reasons i need the back usb ports for my external hard drive but i want to use my off brand adapter as well. I tried plugging the adapter using the front usb ports but they do not work just looking for a workaround here...
The grey USB plug is only used for rumble, and not for data, which means it doesn't matter which USB port you plug it in. Try using an extension cable or a wall adapter for that one if you want rumble.

Reactions: kagamutora

5DollaShawarma

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.reddit.com
XP
Country
United States
  • CC lacks rumble

Ehh ive already spent so much money on video games so why not? Does this adapter work well on vwii though?

LongDongSilver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ehh ive already spent so much money on video games so why not? Does this adapter work well on vwii though?

Works nicely the one i have doesnt give me anymore lag than a classic controller would. for most gamecube games it works great the only issue i have is the y and b placement when it comes to snes games

5DollaShawarma

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.reddit.com
XP
Country
United States
Works nicely the one i have doesnt give me anymore lag than a classic controller would. for most gamecube games it works great the only issue i have is the y and b placement when it comes to snes games
Well i use emulators for better quality instead of virtual console. So i can customize the button mappings but either way i didnt plan on using the gc cobtroller for snes so it sounds good. Guess im just gonna buy both. lol

kagamutora

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The grey USB plug is only used for rumble, and not for data, which means it doesn't matter which USB port you plug it in. Try using an extension cable or a wall adapter for that one if you want rumble.

well i use a y cable for my portable hard drive that is plugged into the back usb ports so both usb ports are being used, so how do i resolve that issue?

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

As far as I know, the SSB4 adapter only works with Nintendont, SSB4 (obviously) and HID to VPAD. Other homebrew software (for Wii/vWii and Wii U) can make use of it only if supported by the application itself.
Combined with a 1st party controller, it's the best GCN experience on Wii U by far.

well i use a y cable for my portable hard drive that is plugged into the back usb ports so both usb ports are being used, so how do i resolve that issue?
A wall charger/adapter should do the trick, if the specs are compatible. I think you should try to plug it into one of the front USB ports using an extension cable, though.
(either the power cable/plug for the HDD or the adapter, or both.)

Last edited by nastys,

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
+1 for GCN adapter
If you don't want spent much money you could look for a clone, though I don't know if it has issues.

killmister2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can use both front USB ports for your GameCube adapter with Rumble, and keep both back ports for your USB HDD Y cable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning