Hardware Gameboy Micro Screw

madeinair

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Guys, I've had a japanese black GBM for a while now, however my A button stopped working properly (always requires to be pushed in further to work), I thought it might be the contacts that need cleaning so I tried opening the GBM.
Went through a full set of tri-wing screw drivers, kept trying and trying until I ended up stipping the screws of the GBM, finally finding a screw that would have opening the micro but it's too late since the screws are stripped beyond repair.
My question is, could I do anything to open the GBM (even though the screws are screwed xD), I've tried methods like using a rubber band, an eraser which really didn't work.
Let me know if there's anything I can do to unscrew these screws, which (if possible) I'm planning to buy small clock screws that will replace these tri-wings with phillips screws.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
besides using a drill to make a hole on the screws.. i don't know any methods, i also screwed a lot of screws before..

but how did you "screw" them? you tried to use a wrong screwdriver?

madeinair

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yep, basically went through 5 different screw drivers, with each attempt the screw got worse..
Until I found the 6th screw driver (which fits perfectly with screw at back of battery), but sadly all the screws are messed up.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You'll need a stripped screw removal kit, alternatively, you'll have to drill through the head and then use pliers to remove the rest of the screw.

madeinair

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can i find stripped screw removal kit for such small screws ?
Edit: Actually just thought of a great idea, applying glue between the screw and a screw driver (I dont mind disposing), after the glue settles I can unscrew it properly. Great idea RIGHT ??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Antonblast is more optimized than pizza tower