Gameboy Micro run gb and gbc games off a Flashcart? Also Revo question.

Meeg85

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know the Micro cant run gb and gbc carts but im curious if it can run games off an EZ flash for instance, Im undecided between buying a Revo and a Micro. I like the Micro's size but I heard the Revo's buttons are kinda off/bad. They have a long travel time, i've been burned by bad emulation consoles before that have mushy d pads and bad buttons. Overall I'd feel a little more confident buying a genuine Nintendo Product. I'm curious about opinions on this matter. Thanks.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The EZFlash or indeed any GBA flash cart* will be using goomba and goomba color to emulate the GB/GBC. I find the emulation more than acceptable but I am sure some could spot the differences. Button wise the whole GBA lineup does well. It is not quite the glory of microswitches but still good. Most opinions on the revo are that the buttons are not quite up to snuff, better than many clone consoles and not always game breakingly or hand killingly awful but that is not a high bar -- if it is a thing like revo is easy and cheap where the GBA is expensive then buy one if you want to play non real time/twitch/action games but any of those go one of the real deals.

*technically there is a very rare and hard to come by combination of specific old GBA era flash cart and adapter which does function as a GB/GBC flash cart but I doubt I could find one money no object, never mind browsing in a.

Meeg85

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The EZFlash or indeed any GBA flash cart* will be using goomba and goomba color to emulate the GB/GBC. I find the emulation more than acceptable but I am sure some could spot the differences. Button wise the whole GBA lineup does well. It is not quite the glory of microswitches but still good. Most opinions on the revo are that the buttons are not quite up to snuff, better than many clone consoles and not always game breakingly or hand killingly awful but that is not a high bar -- if it is a thing like revo is easy and cheap where the GBA is expensive then buy one if you want to play non real time/twitch/action games but any of those go one of the real deals.

*technically there is a very rare and hard to come by combination of specific old GBA era flash cart and adapter which does function as a GB/GBC flash cart but I doubt I could find one money no object, never mind browsing in a.
i appreciate the response.. Im still on the fence, I think Revo might come out with a Mini but there hasn't been an update in many months...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/