Hardware Gameboy Micro: Factory 460 maH Battery VS 600 maH aftermarket battery! [Video/charts!]

sweis12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis

I was interested in buying a new battery for my gameboy micro. I had purchased my gameboy a couple of months ago and the battery looked to be in pretty rough shape (See the video). I went onto eBay to purchase a new one. On eBay I saw two different models advertised. A 460 maH and a 600 maH version of the battery. I purchased the one labeled as 600 maH, assuming it was just the 460 maH wrapped in a different shell. Once it arrived, I put it to the test, head to head against my original! The results were extremely surprising.

(Either watch the video or view the spoiler for the results + summary)

Graph.JPG (These times are under an extreme case, maximum brightness, maximum volume, and running of of a flash cart. Under normal game play they both should last quite a while longer!)
I honestly was expecting the eBay battery to be a scam, and actually be 460 maH. In the end, it turned out to be true! It worked better than expected! The expected value was 1.30 times the battery life of the original, but it ended up being even more at 1.37 times the battery life. I believe this is due to the fact that the original 460 maH battery has lost some capacity over the last 10 years. Overall, I would highly recommend purchasing one for yourself if you haven't already

Purchase link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/600mAh-OXY-...188824?hash=item3ab8d6cfd8:g:vc4AAOSw3mpXKldv

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah, without saying anything on what you actually have, that's the trick used by the battery fakers -- even if the 2500 you paid for (which somehow has the same exact size as the original 1200) is actually a 1000 and wears out way too fast, it will still feel like an improvement on the 1200-worn-to-700 original :)

sweis12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Yeah, without saying anything on what you actually have, that's the trick used by the battery fakers -- even if the 2500 you paid for (which somehow has the same exact size as the original 1200) is actually a 1000 and wears out way too fast, it will still feel like an improvement on the 1200-worn-to-700 original :)
If enough people want me to, I can buy a new 460 maH and compare that to the other two.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse