Gaming Game installed - Update immediately?

naddel81

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi @ all,

where do the games get the info that there is an update (game update available)?

For example: I install a new game using FBI installer and even though I am offline it immediately tells me there is an update available. how come?

best wishes!

disclaimer: yes, I do have the cartridge and yes I did post a proof picture of my game collection before here on temp. :)

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
There's a file (in shared extdata f000000b, I think) that's updated over spotpass and has a list of current versions for each updated title ID!

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Probably yes (extdata_dump can't delete files, so you'd have to extract the CTRNAND partition and do this on a PC) but it will be redownloaded ASAP.

Is it really a big deal to press A twice instead of once (and only when online) to open a program? :)

(This is completely separate from the daily system update notification)

Last edited by Ryccardo,
Reactions: AyanamiRei

AyanamiRei

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is it really a big deal to press A twice instead of once (and only when online) to open a program? :)
Not at all. But it feels unnatural to be prompted for every little unnecessary thing on such a little machine. (at least I have no cellular xD)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1