Game Freak Currently Recruiting For New Console Game

Game-freak-logo.jpg

The makers of Pokemon have been pumping out advertisements to build a new team for the development of a new console game described as a, "Globally popular RPG."

Quoted from IGN UK's article on the matter said:
Reported by Siliconera (and corroborated by our own translation), an advert for a 3D CG designer calls for someone to work on "characters, monsters and items" for "a title that everyone knows".

The advert specifically says that this is a console title. while a second job listing (for a character model creator) specifies someone with experience of creating models up to "Wii U / PS Vita-level".

The Pokemon company has already said it would be making games for the New Nintendo Switch, and many speculate their first game could be coming by the end of this year.

The third entry for Sun and Moon exclusively on Switch perhaps? Or something different entirely?

The year just got more interesting for Switch owners.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem is, there isn't enough information given. That leads me to believe it might not be what 75% of people are hoping for. Just saying, 'A globally popular RPG', could mean, 'We're basing it off Pokémon, a globally popular RPG, but you're getting Bubble-Bobble (which could actually work) or, Pikachu's Crossbow Training.

I distinctly remember that one time they teased a 3-D Combusken, leading people to believe there was going to be a Wii U 3-D adventure, but we got Pokkén.

Maybe there are clues in S/M, like X/Y teasing the next region with 'Strange Souvenir' from the traveler? Look how long the Rainbow Coin from DK64 went unnoticed.

Actually all the information you need is given. Game Freak are making a new console game described as a, "Globally popular RPG." Game Freak only has one globally popular RPG under their belt: Pokemon. Game Freak also doesn't make any Pokemon spinoff titles, other developers do those, over the 20+ years of Pokemon's existence, the only Pokemon games Game Freak has made are core Pokemon games. Therefore, you can say with about 99% certainty that this game is a core Pokemon title, be it a 3rd entry for gen 7, gen 8 already, a remake of gen 4 maybe, or some new Pokemon MMO; likely being made for the Switch based on the rest of the job listing. I'd be shocked if it was anything else at this point.

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@duffmmann

I think we're on different levels; I mean:

"The makers of Pokemon have been pumping out advertisements to build a new team for the development of a new console game described as a, "Globally popular RPG.""

doesn't say, "We're making a Pokemon RPG for Switch." which is why I feel like it could be something unexpected. Also, the translation is being translated differently (https://www.destructoid.com/game-fr...on-a-globally-popular-rpg--426223.phtml)--the word based (Lil' B) is used in that article, so I'm thinking if this is based on "a globally popular RPG", it may not be the title people are wishing for. We need more information.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
POKEMON LIGHTNING YELLOW CONFIRMED !.. "Im throwing pokeballs at the screen but no pokemon is being catched... "

"instead i threw money the screen..."

its super effective! GameFreak are making a new game. the Switch evolving to a cash_cow_chu.

tumblr_l8nua4GDEh1qd7oe2.gif~c200

Last edited by Flame,
Reactions: sarkwalvein

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@duffmmann

I think we're on different levels; I mean:

"The makers of Pokemon have been pumping out advertisements to build a new team for the development of a new console game described as a, "Globally popular RPG.""

doesn't say, "We're making a Pokemon RPG for Switch." which is why I feel like it could be something unexpected. Also, the translation is being translated differently (https://www.destructoid.com/game-fr...on-a-globally-popular-rpg--426223.phtml)--the word based (Lil' B) is used in that article, so I'm thinking if this is based on "a globally popular RPG", it may not be the title people are wishing for. We need more information.

I would also think that the reason they're building a new team for Pokemon is because the main team that's focused on Pokemon has always focused on the handheld systems, so they're now looking for people with more experience creating things to look much prettier for the more powerful Switch system. Again, I'd be shocked if this is anything but a core Pokemon title. Certainly not a spinoff title, that's not a part of Game Freak's M.O.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i dream of a pokemon snap 2... why must nintendo make me wait forever and added that little minigame to sun and moon with the camera :S.
i want snap 2 make it happen gamefreak.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doubt it'll come out this year, but they'll definitely announce a 2018 release before this year's holiday season. This year is going to be a battle between scorpio and switch. And hopefully huge ps4 pro discounts.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wanna know the real twist? You'll be working on Breath of the Wild DLC: Pokemon Go Rune for the Sheikah Slate.

they can't name it stars because it'd only fit the sun version as the moon is a planet!

afaik all core pokemon games are openworld
They could call it 'Planets' after the original definition of the word which included the Sun and Moon.

Last edited by grossaffe,

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Lol ps vita models ? Looks to me they're cheaping out on development and not gonna take advantage of the hardware the switch is offering.
they are specifically looking for someone who is known to Cel Shading, which is also used in BotW, WW and WWHD, so they are probably adapting a similar engine. (or just gonna go and use UE4 since u can do anything with it.)

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they are specifically looking for someone who is known to Cel Shading, which is also used in BotW, WW and WWHD, so they are probably adapting a similar engine. (or just gonna go and use UE4 since u can do anything with it.)
I wish you were right. I really do love it in everything. But it's gamefreak, so it'll be a custom engine.

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well anyways pokemon with cel shading? (aka toon shading) that still sounds awesome to me.
Yeah sure it's. I wish this time is a really big game. No need to get all the regions on it. Maybe only a remake of gen 4, but much more bigger.
I mean that gen means SO much for Pokémon. It was all the changes the games needed (graphics and in gameplay), and a really big map compared to before. So I think it'll be the best gen to do this.

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah sure it's. I wish this time is a really big game. No need to get all the regions on it. Maybe only a remake of gen 4, but much more bigger.
I mean that gen means SO much for Pokémon. It was all the changes the games needed (graphics and in gameplay), and a really big map compared to before. So I think it'll be the best gen to do this.
actually this was the only discussions I had today. me and a Friend of mine, totally agree we have been talkung all day about that we'd love to see gen4 remakes rather then stars since well, alola went kinda boring now that everyone knows everything and stuff, its yeah kinda boring now, but having sinnoh in hd with toon shading + the amazing ideas that junichi masuda and shigeru ohmori are probably going to implement, like more regional variants, something similar to soaring etc... but something that applies well to sinnoh :)

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
actually this was the only discussions I had today. me and a Friend of mine, totally agree we have been talkung all day about that we'd love to see gen4 remakes rather then stars since well, alola went kinda boring now that everyone knows everything and stuff, its yeah kinda boring now, but having sinnoh in hd with toon shading + the amazing ideas that junichi masuda and shigeru ohmori are probably going to implement, like more regional variants, something similar to soaring etc... but something that applies well to sinnoh :)
Yes! Also it really would be sorpresive and cool if they start a gen with remakes and not a new game. That'd be the best thing in years.

Reactions: adrifcastr

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes! Also it really would be sorpresive and cool if they start a gen with remakes and not a new game. That'd be the best thing in years.

totally agreed! :)

I really hope that's sarcasm ...the pokemon franchise is already pretty stale - don't encourage lazy remakes when they could actually take this opportunity to do something truly fresh with the IP.

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really hope that's sarcasm ...the pokemon franchise is already pretty stale - don't encourage lazy remakes when they could actually take this opportunity to do something truly fresh with the IP.
Well I guess you lost the point in some point.

Reactions: adrifcastr

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Purple_Heart, fuck i'm feeling old too