Hacking Game dumper by team FreeK

D

Deleted-355425

Any seen this? additional shit added in with isaac leaked vpk? Maybe its malicious or just some damage control to make others stay away lol.

23jfwgo.jpg

guisadop

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm happy stuff is leaked. We wouldn't have access to a lot of material, historically, if there weren't leakers in the hacking scenes.

Rizzorules

"What are you doing?" "Something unexpected."
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I'm happy stuff is leaked. We wouldn't have access to a lot of material, historically, if there weren't leakers in the hacking scenes.
Sometimes when stuff is leaked some great hackers leave the scene and that sucks, there was no reason to leak this because it was going to be released anyway

Last edited by Rizzorules,
Reactions: anhminh

guisadop

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sometimes when stuff is leaked some great hackers leave the scene and that sucks, there was no reason to leak this because it was going to be released
In this case I agree, leaking an indie game purely for lulz isn't the best of choices, but in general leaks tend to be more beneficial than not.

Reactions: Rizzorules

Yamagushi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LMAO at all the people taking the speculation seriously. Well I heard the Kardashians did the whole thing! And Major_Tom is actually Kayne West and was mad angry. Seriously the guy probably had nothing to do with any of this and is likely just stepping away for other things, it happens, there doesn't have to be some big dramatic reason for it...

Reactions: Zeroba

Zeroba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
LMAO at all the people taking the speculation seriously. Well I heard the Kardashians did the whole thing! And Major_Tom is actually Kayne West and was mad angry. Seriously the guy probably had nothing to do with any of this and is likely just stepping away for other things, it happens, there doesn't have to be some big dramatic reason for it...
How did you know?
You know too much.

Reactions: demoncatursday

Zeroba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I promise you I'm not Tom, that much I can guarantee you. I'm Zeroba. :D Name I've used in a lot of forums/games since Runescape hehe.
Not much of the impersonating type, as I know those are floating around.

SonsofOcelot

Shalashaska
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
In this case I agree, leaking an indie game purely for lulz isn't the best of choices, but in general leaks tend to be more beneficial than not.

Tend to be, but not in a case like this. If Tom WAS in fact part of Team Freek (seems likely) then that may put a halt on the rest of the team releasing it. Not to mention we don't know if vitamin is 100% complete and there may be some bugs still in it. If Tom is gone who knows if they would be able to finish or release it...

Speculation but still...

Edit: in other news someone on Reddit, not vitahacks but the other one, has posted an interesting idea on how vitamin works. I can't confirm if it is real or not but it seems logical at any rate.

Last edited by SonsofOcelot,
Reactions: Zeroba

Rizzorules

"What are you doing?" "Something unexpected."
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Edit: in other news someone on Reddit, not vitahacks but the other one, has posted an interesting idea on how vitamin works. I can't confirm if it is real or not but it seems logical at any rate.

Do you mean this idea?
"Watch the Vitamin video again. They make modifications to app.db when they want to dump a specific game. That's when they inject the game to preload vitamin, leaving the game in a decrypted state which allows dumping everything. Something like:

LD_PRELOAD='/ux0:/app/VITAMIN00/' ux0:/app/PCSE00655/eboot.bin

It says that they'll open the game's manual in another application and then go back to Vitamin. This is probably related to all the manual hacks that is floating around. Probably that's how Henkaku works, in a way. They figured it out and modified it this way before the KOTH challenge was won. Since they already figured it out, there's no need for them to take the challenge because honestly, the guys who wants piracy couldn't care less for it.

Also, they write steroid.suprx in sce_module with this method (vitamin), which means that BoI is dumped with Vitamin. htoL is not dumped with Vitamin but I guess we all knew this already. Funny thing is, htoL got alot of different lib.suprx in the sce_module folder. I don't know what this means, probably nothing since another game I looked into, which our fellow anon here dumped, contains some lib.suprx files as well so it's more than likely related to the game rather than the dumping method."

SonsofOcelot

Shalashaska
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Do you mean this idea?
"Watch the Vitamin video again. They make modifications to app.db when they want to dump a specific game. That's when they inject the game to preload vitamin, leaving the game in a decrypted state which allows dumping everything. Something like:

And this: https://m.reddit.com/r/VitaPiracy/comments/501k0b/this_is_how_vitamin_works_team_freek/

It's an interesting concept. Probably not exactly how it works but probably on the right track

Reactions: Deleted User

hirvimies

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Do you mean this idea?

LD_PRELOAD='/ux0:/app/VITAMIN00/' ux0:/app/PCSE00655/eboot.bin

It says that they'll open the game's manual in another application and then go back to Vitamin. This is probably related to all the manual hacks that is floating around. Probably that's how Henkaku works, in a way. They figured it out and modified it this way before the KOTH challenge was won. Since they already figured it out, there's no need for them to take the challenge because honestly, the guys who wants piracy couldn't care less for it.

Also, they write steroid.suprx in sce_module with this method (vitamin), which means that BoI is dumped with Vitamin. htoL is not dumped with Vitamin but I guess we all knew this already. Funny thing is, htoL got alot of different lib.suprx in the sce_module folder. I don't know what this means, probably nothing since another game I looked into, which our fellow anon here dumped, contains some lib.suprx files as well so it's more than likely related to the game rather than the dumping method."

Don't read too much into that text, it's just speculation from my part (posted that text on hbg which spread to Reddit it seems). I figured that Vitamin is a continuation of Tom's way to decrypt and dump game files and saves since they look pretty similar in the procedure (open another app, run game which starts Vitamin instead). Also, three days ago a chinese person posted a link on reddit which led to the command LD_PRELOAD which kind of fits in with this procedure. Maybe they used it to also load the game's eboot before launching vitamin? (Instead of just booting another app, leaving just the game files/saves decrypted). I don't know if that's correct at all since I don't know how the Vita handles processes but maybe that left the eboot running in the background (aka. decrypted) along with all the game files.

Because all this time, the problem never was how you would decrypt the games, decrypting and brute forcing takes too much time. The interesting part was how to let the Vita decrypt the files and then dymp them. Since Major_Tom showed the way by decrypting the game files, him and others continued on that idea to also include the eboot. That could also explain part of why he became mad yesterday with the BoI-leak, since clearly it's dumped using some version of Vitamin. Anyway, this is just speculation from my part and I only have theories to back me up. I would love to hear later how they really did it, when and if the tool ever gets released.

Reactions: Rizzorules
D

Deleted User

-snip-

Last edited by , , Reason: Sick fuckers are complaining about my posts...

kiryu1

Trophies
XP
Country
what happened , I just slept and I'm seeing some shit exploded..

Did vitaminK released already or sumthing?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.